Poll

Gravy for admin?

Yes
No
Third unrelated alternative

Author Topic: Ban all krems!!"&"@¤  (Read 26469 times)

Offline Kidduis

• Baron
  • Renown: 146
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Kiddius, Fittius, Shittius, Svedjan
Re: Ban all krems!!"&"@¤
« Reply #255 on: April 30, 2015, 04:03:42 pm »
+3
This community needs more players like the Krems, and less GTX`s, one is enough.

The GTX player makes the game intresting, the krems just make the game boring and you feel like quitting forever...

I know you'd say the opposite, but you have to expect the equally large number of players who dislike GTX-type of players more than Krems-type of players to be concerned by an admin application made by you.

You don't consider yourself a tryhard, but you are very much in the camp of 'use every advantage', 'play for kills' or simply following the current EU1 meta with a cookie-cutter archer/2h hybrid to irritate from a distance but retain lethality in melee. You may not kick and scream every time you die like the most tryhardish, but you do revel in the mentality they bring. I even recall you saying on the designed GTX hate thread that GTX disconnecting when he's going to die in EU1 is perfectly understandable if he's going to be killed by more than one opponent since he'd consider it an unfair fight and so deny them a kill they wouldn't otherwise be worthy of, it's statements like that which put you in the 'tryhard' category. It's a very elitist mentality.

An 'I hate Krems' platform may win you the vote for admin, but the people voting might get more than they bargained for in an admin with such high expectations, taking the game so seriously, and judging server interaction against a very polarized view on what's fun and what isnt. Meanwhile you love exactly the kind of toxic crpg asshole that Fin featured in his cRPG hymn.

Gravoth isnt even close to the tryhard standard Hesky, take it from a real tryhard :D .... and why do you even care about a game that you don't even play anymore?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 04:13:21 pm by Kidduis »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1624
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 30, 2015, 04:24:13 pm »
take it from a real tryhard :D

You? Nah. You are very good at this game but to be proper tryhard you have to be 100% concentrated on the game all the time, which only a few seem to manage and I suspect they suffer from some sort of autism.

Edit: Proper tryhard will never attempt frontal attack against enemy army without backup. Very rarely will place himself in a risky situation. Most of the time will steal kills from other players, attacking from sides/behind. Will be last alive most of the time. Why? Because to tryhard k/d is the only thing that matters.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 04:28:33 pm by Leshma »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #257 on: April 30, 2015, 04:42:11 pm »
I think he was more like talking about your RL build.

Is... Is that a compliment?  :oops:

Edit: Proper tryhard will never attempt frontal attack against enemy army without backup. Very rarely will place himself in a risky situation. Most of the time will steal kills from other players, attacking from sides/behind. Will be last alive most of the time. Why? Because to tryhard k/d is the only thing that matters.

"Stealing kills" isnt really a thing, helping someone out should never be considered a bad thing. Allthough some may wait and calculate when the last hit will be, and so they hold an attack and wait. But its still helping in my eyes.
The rest is true, tryhards only take fights they know they will win, and they play a style which is least reliant on others. A style ive actually started to pick up on now, im not sure if teammates got worse recently, or if im just not as good of a teamplayer anymore, but i just cant stand my teammates so i start to do my own thing. Its actually a lot of fun, actually trying your best to do well considering all strategies available.

(click to show/hide)

You know people dont like the game when talking about core mechanics is a bad thing to them. I love discussing every part of this mod, mechanics, builds, strategies etc.. Doesnt matter what thread it is.

TBH there isnt even a lot of flaming and insulting, atleast not from my part and people saying yes to the poll. If anything, ive felt like you've been one of the more hostile people in this thread. Fin coming close but he's probably not being serious anyways... right?.. please?
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #258 on: April 30, 2015, 05:05:41 pm »
+1
Is... Is that a compliment?  :oops:

Nope. I fear not. :D

Actually i'm not against you gravoth. I even +1'd the OP because i can kind of understand your point, even though i dont share it.

Whats giving me a headache though is that "your side" (not you yourself alone) seems neither able to comprehend our point nor accept it. And some were being insulting, which might explain my cold reaction to some posts.

Talking wih an open mindset about problems is one thing, naming a thread "ban all krems" and calling ppl motherfucker etc. Is another.

We're discussion two valid views on the game. One side being absolutely sure, they're doing the only right thing, is what causes problems (in forums and on the servers).

What we need is less insults, less rage, and more acceptance towards others.

And without taking any sides (because i enjoy both, going crazy and playing straight) - people who are not capable of just stand down in one or two occasions - these are the so called cancer, krems was labeled.

I know this is a game that features great egos and even encourages them, since it is skillbased. But those ppl should at somepoint be able to just chill the fuck out.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 05:15:16 pm by Finuad »
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #259 on: April 30, 2015, 05:19:45 pm »
Nope. I fear not. :D

Actually i'm not against you gravoth. I even +1'd the OP because i can kind of understand your point, even though i dont share it.

Whats giving me a headache though is that "your side" (not you yourself) seems neither able to comprehend our point nor accept it. And some were being insulting, which might explain my cold reaction to some posts.

Talking wih an open mindset about problems is one thing, naming a thread "ban all krems" and calling ppl motherfucker etc. Is another.

Ill take it as a compliment anyways.

What is your point then, that i am not fit to be admin, or that our views on what krems do are not necessarily fair, and that well not only krems but trolls should have their freedoms. Sorry if im making you repeat something youve posted earlier, i just want some clarifications on it, is all.

And comeon, sure its unfitting for an admin application thread (but like i mentioned it wasnt the original serious purpose) but you cant really take insults and things too seriously here, everyone knows eachother well enough, allthough when opinions arent shared some heat may be created. And the title is obviously created for a sarcastic twist on a serious subject (AND EASY RENOWN!), its just more fun that way, and i always considered this forum to be pretty slack on the whole political correctness deal..

Whilst I was playing there was a good population on eu1 (at the expense of a dead eu2) and Krems team was winning every round which was hilarious. I also played when there were fewer people on which is how I know Gravoth is reaping the benefits of archer/2h hybrid build.

Again, if you think archer/2h plate is a tryhard build, then you must be comparing it to some really trolly builds. The bow got me maybe 10 kills out of 100, and its main purpose was shooting cav (fuck cav). It was very inaccurate and did nearly no damage to armored targets (over 40 BA).. It was pretty funny when people on teamspeak would comment on the sillyness of it though.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 05:23:47 pm by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Kidduis

• Baron
  • Renown: 146
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Kiddius, Fittius, Shittius, Svedjan
« Reply #260 on: April 30, 2015, 05:19:52 pm »
+3

Whilst I was playing there was a good population on eu1 (at the expense of a dead eu2) and Krems team was winning every round which was hilarious. I also played when there were fewer people on which is how I know Gravoth is reaping the benefits of archer/2h hybrid build.

The time that i played when the krems had a stack and won fair was against a grey order stack with like 12 players i think, and the krems had like 5 and they won. I can agree that was the funniest moment when the krems were actualy playing instead of fucking around.

Offline pepejul

• Master-At-Arms
  • King
  • Renown: 1611
  • Infamy: 495
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • PEPE INSIDE
    • View Profile
    • http://alkislarlayasiyorum.com/icerik/60166/pepee-pepee-cok-uzuluyor
  • Faction: Pecores / Krems / hobo in the heart forever
  • Game nicks: something with PEPE inside
  • IRC nick: Pepejul
« Reply #261 on: April 30, 2015, 05:31:17 pm »
+3
Krem's can play funny becauze they are best strongest hard players in crpg... only pros can have fun like this !

PRAISE FIN !
I LOVE YOU, ADMINS !

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
« Reply #262 on: April 30, 2015, 05:47:20 pm »
+1
TBH there isnt even a lot of flaming and insulting, atleast not from my part and people saying yes to the poll. If anything, ive felt like you've been one of the more hostile people in this thread. Fin coming close but he's probably not being serious anyways... right?.. please?

Yes, you haven't been hostile really at all in this thread however naming the Thread ''Ban all Krems'' was of course going to be met with fierce opposition and anger by us Krems guys. I'm sure you would have been aware of that. If you read through its guys speaking on your side/behalf (especially darmaster) who start with the name calling stuff (Krems are Braindead, Immature, retards, Bunch of kids, Cancer etc) not us. If you look at the first few posts by us, they are quite light hearted until we start getting called these things, then of course we react in a negative way.

I don't even think i've been that hostile though, except when trying to provoke Oberyn. But thats just because I love reading his rage posts so much.  8-)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 05:54:42 pm by zottlmarsch »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 30, 2015, 06:23:31 pm »
Don't think that's necessarily a tryhard build at all, and my last post was just mentioning it again to prove i'd been playing more recently since i'd never seen you use that build when I played before.

It's an effective build on low pop though where counterstrike is more viable, takes care of/deters pesky cav delayers or ranged kiters. There was a period tho where servers had very low population and everyone simultaneously made a ranged hybrid, made the game very... different. It's not like that now though.

I thought it would be better aswell, but more infantry is always better than having ranged, even pure ranged. But i was so damn pissed off at my teammates never wanting to fight anything so i made the most solo oriented build i could come up with. Fun, but lost me more rounds than it won.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #264 on: April 30, 2015, 06:40:27 pm »
+10
It's not Either you're a GTX tryhard Or a full on trolling Krems.

Most players are in between, who don't mind a bit of fun, but also keeps an eye on the scoreboard. The problem here, like it seems to me, is that the Krems part is out of balance.

So, we are not looking at full on nazi style moderating of the servers, just knowing when enough if enough. One thing is super late night trolling, another is ruining server prime time. That has to end. Call it griefing, give them warnings, and if they choose not to heed it, hit them with the ban hammer.

So let's stop painting all this black and white. I hope Gravoth, Saxon or both will get admin soon ;)

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Kenda

• Baron
  • Renown: 115
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 30, 2015, 08:05:27 pm »

Most players are in between, who don't mind a bit of fun, but also keeps an eye on the scoreboard. The problem here, like it seems to me, is that the Krems part is out of balance.

So, we are not looking at full on nazi style moderating of the servers, just knowing when enough if enough. One thing is super late night trolling, another is ruining server prime time. That has to end. Call it griefing, give them warnings, and if they choose not to heed it, hit them with the ban hammer.

So let's stop painting all this black and white. I hope Gravoth, Saxon or both will get admin soon ;)

I love this guy.
Trollers hear me, i rek you all motherfuckers in real life. You think you can troll me like this behind your screen foking nerd asses? I m gonna find you and ban your ass myseld.

I m watching you

Offline Austrian

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1117
  • Infamy: 126
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Bro's are Bro's, forever.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Brotherhood
  • Game nicks: Austriano, Faust, Nestea
« Reply #266 on: April 30, 2015, 08:08:00 pm »
+3

So let's stop painting all this black and white. I hope Gravoth, Saxon, Austri or all of them will get admin soon ;)
Corrected  :oops:

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #267 on: April 30, 2015, 08:33:08 pm »
+3
I like Saxon .. but not current one on steroids or so, while in some strange bodybuilding phase ... he seemed usually chill and had his own humor, but atm he tends to flame and project a tat to much for my taste ... thats my subjective view and perception ofc, maybe others see it otherwise :3
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline Akronus97

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kreus, Etard_without_R, Did_I_hear_PARTEY
« Reply #268 on: April 30, 2015, 08:52:18 pm »
Get more Barabe admins, most responsible players ever^^ (Actually we got a few nice guys :D )
"There are no spams, just missed blocks" - Makelele 2014

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #269 on: April 30, 2015, 08:58:18 pm »
+2
Regarding definitions of "Tryhards" ... My personal indicator for a tryhard is the guy that starts to armor up when all others on a low pop server use low tier gear and play not so serious .. just to have said that :3
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.