Author Topic: STOP EVERYTHING AND WATCH THIS!  (Read 7133 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1840
  • Infamy: 332
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: STOP EVERYTHING AND WATCH THIS!
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2015, 03:32:02 pm »
Always depressing to see racism :(

He isn't the first black dude in Star Wars movie, ya know. However, he shares the same features as rest of the crew and that means he is some Disney wannabe actor kid like that Will Smith's talentless son. John Boyega does look a bit like young Denzel Washington but that isn't a good thing, because Denzel didn't become one of the greats because of his looks (he looks really bland and not interesting at all).

Star Wars had very memorable black character in Lando Calrissian, played by incredibly charismatic Billy Dee Williams. Also Darth Vader was voiced by James Earl Jones, who isn't just great voice actor but has a epic presence on the screen in movies he's been playing. Mace Windu was portrayed by Samuel L. Jackson, who is another iconic black actor but that was one of his weaker roles imho.

Dunno who is racist here, random people on internet or Hollywood. In the past we had already mentioned Denzel, Sammy L, James Earl Jones, Forest Whitaker, Morgan Freeman, Laurence Fishburne etc. Today who is there of young black actors (18-35 years old)? Most young actors look like typical gorillas, every single of them is white, tall with blue eyes...

Offline FleetFox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 711
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fox Shox Rox
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norse_Torr and FleetFox
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2015, 03:56:07 pm »
He isn't the first black dude in Star Wars movie, ya know. However, he shares the same features as rest of the crew and that means he is some Disney wannabe actor kid like that Will Smith's talentless son. John Boyega does look a bit like young Denzel Washington but that isn't a good thing, because Denzel didn't become one of the greats because of his looks (he looks really bland and not interesting at all).

Star Wars had very memorable black character in Lando Calrissian, played by incredibly charismatic Billy Dee Williams. Also Darth Vader was voiced by James Earl Jones, who isn't just great voice actor but has a epic presence on the screen in movies he's been playing. Mace Windu was portrayed by Samuel L. Jackson, who is another iconic black actor but that was one of his weaker roles imho.

Dunno who is racist here, random people on internet or Hollywood. In the past we had already mentioned Denzel, Sammy L, James Earl Jones, Forest Whitaker, Morgan Freeman, Laurence Fishburne etc. Today who is there of young black actors (18-35 years old)? Most young actors look like typical gorillas, every single of them is white, tall with blue eyes...

I'm sorry I wasn't clear, I was commenting on the "people" who were making the racist jokes in the comments.
"Its better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
― Emiliano Zapata

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2015, 04:00:57 pm »

Lando was the only black character in the original trilogy, he was a gambling scumbag who sold out his friends for money (but he suuuuuuure was charming).

I mean Lando is one of the redemption characters in the original trilogy (other than vader) so i don't think that he is as negatively portrayed as you suggest.
Turtles

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2015, 04:13:36 pm »
Where is Kyle Katarn?

Kyle Katarn is too suave to be featured in a Star Wars movie

Always depressing to see racism :(

abububu
http://i.imgur.com/cJK57Ii.webm

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2015, 04:39:57 pm »
+1
I have hope for this installment simply because there hasn't been a shot yet where they are millions of cgi created aliens that serve no purpose other than to take up space. Everything George Lucas touched once he got his hands on the first round of cgi he went crazy and turned everything to shit. Even his "digital" remasters of the original films, he made worse than the original films by adding unnecessary shit. Also, casting Hayden Christensen(spelling) was a horrible mistake. He delivered lines flatter than a piece of paper. I'm glad Disney bought Lucasarts because if George was behind these movies I'd be scared as fuck too.

That trailer though, Mark Hammill voicing it and the passing of the lightsaber, plus the music and fucking Han and Chewie. I can't fucking wait. Nostalgia overload.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2015, 04:40:46 pm »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2015, 04:42:11 pm »
Poke me when it's fable 3 4 a/o kotor 3.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2015, 06:12:21 pm »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2015, 07:26:46 pm »
Please, Disney, I know it's a lot to ask but do not fuck up Han and Chewy.
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2015, 07:54:15 pm »
Please, Disney, I know it's a lot to ask but do not fuck up Han and Chewy.

(click to show/hide)

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Krave

• Count
  • Renown: 253
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • I love dark honey [b]eer. It's awesome!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg_Krems
  • Game nicks: Krave_von_Krems, Yennefer_of_Vengerberg
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2015, 08:01:54 pm »
And I'm sitting here hoping Boba Fett will show up  :mrgreen:

People go crazy about AMGs, Ms, GTRs, EVOs
I would take Skoda over them any day
No ABS, no assistance, it's just old, loud, indestrucitble diesel engine and you, smiling in banana yellow hatchback

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2015, 08:09:00 pm »
+2
And I'm sitting here hoping Boba Fett will show up  :mrgreen:

Honestly I almost hope that he doesn't show up, in episode 7 anyways. If they cram every single fan-favorite OT character into just one movie, it is going to have some issues. Remember, there are going to be 3 new movies, so he's got time to show up. Save him and Lando for episode 8 (the new episode 5, basically). Best case scenario imo would be a post credits scene (or just a quick scene near the end of the movie) where the villains are regrouping and say something classically-star-wars-cheesy like "It is time to involve him." *Cut to a dark scene of a guy's hand picking up a helmet, zoom out when he puts it on and you see the silhouette of Boba, in all his armored glory.*
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 08:40:16 pm by Jona »

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2015, 09:26:05 pm »
Isnt Lando dead IRL or looks like a uber old man?

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2015, 09:30:55 pm »
I hope we get a throw-away line in episode 7 confirming for all time that Boba Fett died in episode 6 falling into the Sarlac Pit, and that any stories featuring Boba Fett after that are no longer canon. Just think of the rage, but based purely on the films that's what happened! Boba Fett was never this badass infamous bounty hunter in the original films, he just sold action figures so people wrote fanfic about him.

Lol, sad but true. I wouldn't mind him returning though, and officially proving he is indeed a badass (since as you pointed out, he wasn't really all that badass in the movies). All he actually accomplished in the canon is what... tracking the millennium falcon, and then "helping" the Empire capture Han? Then when he actually got into real combat he gets his gun cut in half and then flies himself into the sarlac pit just because he got nudged from behind (maybe Han was packing a full str build with the old nudging mechanics?  :lol:).

He looks old, sure. A little pudgier than 30 years ago, but otherwise he didn't age any worse than the other main characters... like carrie fisher for example.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2015, 09:54:12 pm »