Author Topic: [NA] Nashringa  (Read 15566 times)

Havelle Registered Voter

[NA] Nashringa
« on: April 07, 2015, 06:27:20 pm »
+3
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 06:19:53 am by Havelle Registered Voter »

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
Re: [NA] Nashringa
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 06:51:26 pm »
+8
Thanks for the feedback.  :mrgreen:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline gallonigher

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Gallonigher
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 07:14:41 pm »
We're counting on you, Nash

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 08:00:00 pm »
+3
In order to make this thread an official admin thread, it must be given a unique theme.

I christen this the spiderman thread! Let the spamming begin!

P.S. Thread also needs an irrelevant poll.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline gallonigher

• Game Admin (trial)
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 08:12:41 pm »
+4
I'm on it

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 09:06:35 pm »
Nashringa didn't seem to have an admin feedback page.

http://forum.melee.org/na-%28official%29/ban-cat-double-spawn/

Starts off by protecting fellow/prospective admins. Not the best start, in my opinion.

while chaos\cannery are a large part of the reason behind NA being dead...idk if switching to a diff head admin is gonna change much.

when i first came to crpg, i had thought that the people making the bans would be the same people would made the rules by which players get banned for braking. i had assumed it would be the devs going around checking logs and handing out the bans.

when i heard that it was the players themselves...i just shook my head and laughed.

power corrupts, and there is not one single player out there, that would not abuse it, their friends would get nothing but warnings and light slaps, while people they dont like would get banned for nothing, harsh punishments for minor things.

and again, it should not be some player that is head admin and has the power to choose other admins, certainly he will choose only people that are his friends, or agree with his point of view. its a recipe for disaster.
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 09:22:41 pm »
+1
while chaos\cannery are a large part of the reason behind NA being dead...idk if switching to a diff head admin is gonna change much.

when i first came to crpg, i had thought that the people making the bans would be the same people would made the rules by which players get banned for braking. i had assumed it would be the devs going around checking logs and handing out the bans.

when i heard that it was the players themselves...i just shook my head and laughed.

power corrupts, and there is not one single player out there, that would not abuse it, their friends would get nothing but warnings and light slaps, while people they dont like would get banned for nothing, harsh punishments for minor things.

and again, it should not be some player that is head admin and has the power to choose other admins, certainly he will choose only people that are his friends, or agree with his point of view. its a recipe for disaster.

Wrong you are... Cool story though  :mrgreen:

« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 09:30:10 pm by Nashringa »
Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline gallonigher

• Game Admin (trial)
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 09:28:34 pm »

So what do you suggest?  We go back to doing exactly nothing like before?  Have you seen the state of NA?;  it's a ghost town.  You want devs as admins?  What devs?  How many of them are left, anyway?  Like 2 people that barely play?  No matter how you try to spin it, this is progress.  Stop being a Debbie Downer for 5 seconds.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2015, 10:09:35 pm »
+3

C'mon, back on topic people...

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2015, 11:45:08 pm »
+2

While I agree, power corrupts; some people handle corruption better than others. Canary, and his clan have nothing to do with the state of the game currently. If you wanted to point fingers at anyone you should look higher up, the actual developers themselves are the ones to blame for giving power to change the game to a certain individual(s). Blaming a guy that was simply incharge of admins on the NA side of the game seems silly to me.

With the game the way it is right now, any change to it is welcome imo.

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2015, 12:47:12 am »
+1
Dupre. I haven't been able to experience your adminning in the servers; however I already know you're gonna do a great fucking job.

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2015, 01:29:22 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)

That photoshopping must have been done in MS Paint.

(click to show/hide)

Anyways, the aftermath:

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2015, 12:20:02 am »
+1
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline gallonigher

• Game Admin (trial)
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2015, 01:01:50 am »
Even when I was just a little kid, it always bothered me that the cartoonist went ahead and drew webbing on Spider-man's head, hands, and feet, but NEVER his torso.  OCD much?

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2015, 08:09:44 pm »
Good luck sir, and plumbo, I thought you were over the whole chaos killed mod thing....I'm sad that you still can't see the forest for the trees sir.