Author Topic: Sleep paralysis  (Read 4720 times)

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
Re: Sleep paralysis
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2015, 12:14:45 am »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2015, 01:11:31 am »
When I get truly shitfaced I dont remember but always there's violence and embarrassing stories next day, and also last time I got truly truly #rekt i came home with my suit ruined covered in someone else's blood so yeah I dont really drink anymore.
I don't know enough

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 761
  • Infamy: 1299
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2015, 01:24:03 am »

Don't be fooled by scientific attempts to explain this phenomena, they know nothing about it. Real truth is that you've been haunted by demons. Happened to me twice or three times since the beginning of this year and two times the shade was visible. First time it was a snake that have been on the closet in my room, tangled around the wine. Second time demon was looking exactly like me and I woke up so scared and confused that I had to seek nearby human to talk with him.

Not sure have I ever said any prayers while paralyzed, but I think I've mentioned God involuntarily once and it did help. People say that a prayer or mentioning Jesus helps too. Good thing that I have cross on a counter above my head.

Don't be tricked by doctors, they hate the people who know the real truth.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2015, 01:26:21 am »
+1
Gr8 b8 m8. It's sad that you really haven't gotten any better at trolling over the years. Kinda like playing c-rpg. Good effort though.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2015, 11:59:08 am »
+1
Everyone hates Leshma, nothing to do with medical qualifications.
Turtles

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2015, 12:38:40 pm »
+2
Well, there is not only the moderate "don't like" or outright "hate". There are also shades of grey between. Something like "I wish he had awake paralysis more often".

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2015, 01:52:49 pm »
Even tho its scary I kinda like that feeling when you are plummeting to your death and you wake up with a BANG as you hit the ground, that's always a high!

Also if you are kinda used to sleep paralysis its not scary, kinda a warm fuzzy feeling. Admittedly when it first happened (or at least when I was first aware of it) I thought I was dieing for sure :D But now I kinda enjoy it, knowing my body is asleep but my mind still active.

And doesn't that tell you so much more about yourself than simply trying to pay attention to your subconscious when you're on the verge of sleep? The sleeping method may say 'I'm a complex and misunderstood individual' depending on your own bias, when the drinking method may say 'I'm a violent and unpleasant individual who gets covered in other people's blood if I don't exercise full self-control'.

Well I try to be honest with myself and ultimately come to the conclusion that I was born a millennia too late, that I was born to die in battle and go to the Elysian fields, not to rot as a democratic capitalist slave laborer. But since I don't have that option, I have to conclude that I'm a complex and violent individual who is unpleasant and misunderstood when covered in the blood of strangers :D
I don't know enough

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2015, 02:58:45 pm »
+3
Never had this. But I woke up once after sleeping all night lying on my hand apparently, so I couldn't feel with that hand at first, and then I found it with my other hand and was like "WTF is someone's hand doing here?", then I picked it up and found out it sticks out of my shoulder.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2015, 03:07:08 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)

Luckily this has already happened thanks to science. Here's a gif documenting the first people to successfully time travel to the medieval era.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2015, 03:12:14 pm »
+2
Never had this. But I woke up once after sleeping all night lying on my hand apparently, so I couldn't feel with that hand at first, and then I found it with my other hand and was like "WTF is someone's hand doing here?", then I picked it up and found out it sticks out of my shoulder.

HAHA once I had slept on my arm, under my head, and when I sat up I slapped myself (gravity slapped me really) as my hand fell. I was fucking freaking out that someone had cut my arm off and slapped me with it. Then I finished waking up and massaged my arm back to life, but it still makes me chuckle to this day.

Last millennium is overrated, no potatoes. I hope you like porridge!

I'd probably miss good cheese and bread that doesn't have bits of rock in it.

Wouldn't it be shit to go back in time to your favourite period in history and just be made into a slave/labourer for the rest of your life whilst other people live the warrior/knight/royalty dream :( based on the number of people in each class sadly you're statistically more likely to end up one of those, and if you time travelled nobody would know who you were so you'd almost certainly become one. I'm sure after a few decades of unpaid servitude you'd come to appreciate the paid democratic capitalist slave labour life you had before. Then again if you were well-born or incredibly lucky your life would be great, even with no potatoes (but then again if you were well born or lucky in this era life's great too, plus you get potatoes so win-win).

Knowing my luck I would probably be burnt as a heretic when I try to convince people that what they can see from that hilltop is the curvature of the earth, not the edge of it.
I don't know enough

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2015, 04:12:54 pm »
when the drinking method may say 'I'm a violent and unpleasant individual who gets covered in other people's blood if I don't exercise full self-control'.

oh come on heskey don't act like you aren't covered in other peoples' blood as soon as you relax your self control

get off your high horse

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2015, 05:23:23 pm »
I don't get why people think that being drunk and losing control over yourself makes you show what really someone is; when I go around milan I see a lot of pleasent women I'd genuinely have sex with, but being drunk and not being drunk might bring two different outcomes; when I'm lucid I know where to put my limits, when something affects my mind deeply (as of large quantities of alcohol) my restrains are a bit loosen (tbh I'm a good chap even drunk, but it's just an example). Another thing is someone who keeps getting heavily drunk despite knowing what the outcomes usually are.

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2015, 06:32:02 pm »
I once had a dream where my foot was stuck in the pavement on a really hot day and it was burning. Turned out my foot was on the radiator next to my bed and burning.

As for sleep paralysis - I've had it several times but stuff from the dream has never really leaked over I just can't move for a few minutes. Although that may be due to me rarely remembering my dreams.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2015, 02:04:10 am »
+1
If I ever get covered in blood after drinking it's because [...] I've come home and tried to make cheese-on-toast again.

A very British article on drunk cooking

Recipes
Soy cheese on Burnt Toast

Get some bread. Uh-oh, someone bought unsliced bread. Try to find bread knife. Fail. Find electric carving knife. Wrap knife in tea towel to muffle it. Cut two rough slices of bread, approx 2mm thick at one end, four centimeters at the other, and half a tea towel. Put bread in toaster. Try harder. Shit. Well maybe if you put the thin end in first. Yeah, that did it.

While the bread is toasting, get some cheese from the fridge. Fuck. None there. Never mind, there's that soy cheese that your spouse's irritating vegan cousin brought along to the picnic that time, but no one ate it. Find cheese knife. Well, just use the foil-cutter on your bottle-opener. Slice soy cheese. Is soy cheese the same as tofu? I mean what can the difference be? Does it even melt? Never mind - you smell burning, so the toast must be done.

Place unevenly burnt toast on griller, or the broiler if you're American, then place soy cheese on top. Melt soy cheese, assuming soy cheese actually melts. Burn fingers and drop grill (or broiler) on floor, waking your spouse. Suffer consequences.

Don't worry if you are eating it and your mouth is burning. That's normal.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2015, 03:35:26 am »
+2
Did you use the chance to jack off with "someone else's hand"?