Author Topic: War is over! Good Fight  (Read 20142 times)

Offline Thalion_Menelvagor

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
Re: Legionaries Declare Eternal War on Acre and their Vassals
« Reply #225 on: September 07, 2015, 06:37:32 pm »
+1
whatever thailon is just not trustworthy much...
I wanted to be peaceful and give him soldiers and I did not sign up for any rosters vs him
but being forced to join them and then they attack my village which is just a disgrace to the wardens..
the chadz empire had more honor then the wardens.

Oh, just another quick note.  When someone does not agree to let you get your way, that does not make them untrustworthy. That is what is known as a disagreement, or perhaps an impasse. If you continue to insult us and aid our enemies, even while trying to get us to leave you be, then it is you who are acting with duplicity. You bailed on HCE when saw it likely that Curaw would fall, then you wanted to keep the spoils of war you had received while in their service. In this, you will be humbled. What else the future has in store for you, will depend on your subsequent actions.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #226 on: September 07, 2015, 08:03:34 pm »
Am I to assume that you are now part of Blackguard since you just put about 400 troops in Slezkh for them?
Uh, I mean I put my own 400 troops in to reinforce Slezkh myself so... yeah. Rodrik did not give me any troops and has not given me any. I mean I have almost my entire 5 man faction in this castle farming troops, its not unrealistic that we'd have 400 troops lol.

Also, Rodrik has a point. Wardens of the North would have NEVER taken Curaw. You needed the help of 3 other factions to do it(LL/Random EU guys/HoC). Your attacks were so hilariously uncoordinated that I naturally assumed that Curaw would never fall to you. I mean really, who attacks with a 2k army then doesn't immediately siege it again with another army? Hounds were the reason Curaw fell, and the Hounds are the reason you've gained any land back in the North, and they'll be the reason you keep it. You should count your lucky stars that you got such a good ally because if it weren't for them you'd be the wardens of nowhere. Only reason you have a chance at taking Slezkh is because of the Hounds and LL as well(i can see Rugin inside my castle lol, i'm stupid not blind).

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 07, 2015, 08:42:42 pm »
+4
Yes, we do have allies that we work with. That is kinda the point of an alliance.  No one criticized Britain for not being able to pull of D-day all on their lonesome.  We have friends who go way back, to previous strats. My first real experience in crpg was standing in an HoC shield wall. I will always have a sense of respect and friendship towards the hounds.

I will admit the first few assaults we made on Curaw were chaotic and ill organized.  We have sense changed that, each assault improving upon the last one.  Yes, the hounds did take Curaw, but our assaults did much to weaken it. We also fought the HCE multiple times in the field in and around Curaw, further weakening their position.  I advised Finnian to attack with 2k tickets, hoping that we could pull off a flag cap. It turned out to be a gamble that we lost. Still, the battles were fun, and we had a good time.  You on the other hand seem overly bitter and defensive. Why would I think Rugin being in Slezkh would hide him from you? I'd hate to infringe on your snarky little ego-power trip, but all you are doing is pointing out that we have a functional alliance that is capable of coordinating for effective military operations.

We do what we can with our resources and the amount of time we can put in the game.  Yesterday I looked at the pie-chart view of our war with HCE over the last 12 weeks. Basically we have each lost just over 7k troops fighting each other, with a very small advantage going to us. Considering that includes several assaults on Curaw, I am happy with that. Further more, good job to HCE for fighting the good fight. Unless i'm looking at the charts incorrectly, the majority of HCE tickets lost  in the north over the last 12 weeks are a result of fighting with Mithrim. This in no way diminishes the deeds of our allies,(HoC, LL, and lets not forget Taser!) who have done much collectively to make the war in the north for the most part successful.

So in short, while post was meant to be derogatory and insulting, it really only highlights the accomplishes of your enemies.

• Game Admin
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
« Reply #228 on: September 07, 2015, 08:59:32 pm »
Power trip? I'm not tripping on anything but you might be, LL could have EASILY shit on me(or anyone on the map) if they had wanted too but Dutchy decided not too. Wardens had a chance to retake Slezkh when it had 100 population, no gear, and I had no troops. I waited and waited for the attack to happen and it never did. Then LL attacked when I had 2k troops and the castle pop was at 700. That level of incompetence is just outstanding. I dont know if I'll hold against this Hound wave as I spent almost all my silver gearing for the battle against LL to make for good XP but I'll be damned if I dont try.

The real difference between you and the rest of your alliances is I can respect Dutchy and Jona. They are both great players of strat and obviously know what they're doing. Whenever I see what the Wardens are doing I'm just like "what". Like when you guys surrendered to Free Peasants of Fisdnar without even a single battle

Offline Sir_Rugin

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 07, 2015, 09:35:22 pm »
+1
ThaloTristan, your perception of our activities and behavior is from that of an outsider, and a narcissistic, dishonorable, backstabbing outsider at that. You don't get what we do, because you have no sense of chivalry or decency yourself. So, your judgments about us, our activities, and how we work with our allies is simply flawed. You might want to actually read, listen, and think more; instead of running your mouth and constantly making erroneous assumptions. Who knows, you might actually learn something...and grow into a decent person someday.

When you ASSUME you make an ASS of U and ME.

• Game Admin
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
« Reply #230 on: September 07, 2015, 10:12:13 pm »
ThaloTristan, your perception of our activities and behavior is from that of an outsider, and a narcissistic, dishonorable, backstabbing outsider at that. You don't get what we do, because you have no sense of chivalry or decency yourself. So, your judgments about us, our activities, and how we work with our allies is simply flawed. You might want to actually read, listen, and think more; instead of running your mouth and constantly making erroneous assumptions. Who knows, you might actually learn something...and grow into a decent person someday.

When you ASSUME you make an ASS of U and ME.
I honestly dont understand where the narcissistic part is coming from, I feel like I'm fairly humble overall and dont brag too much. Dishonorable? Sure I guess, as dishonorable as breaking a non aggression pact multiple times with the same person? I would say so. Backstabbing? I've never betrayed anyone I've been allied with.

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 07, 2015, 10:16:33 pm »
+1
We didn't "surrender"  to the Peasants.  Arys came in drunk to our TS one night and got into an argument with a rather verbose member of our own clan.  Fortunately diplomacy prevailed rather than wasting tickets fighting against someone who has a history of friendship with Finnian.

You just have a personal vendetta that is not only irrational, but it is not even based on facts. This is the rather confusing bit, as you have only ever spewed vitriol towards us while we have made multiple attempts to bury the hatchet with you.  Regarding the retaking of Slezkh, it was probably a combination of being a little busy working on attacking Curaw and fighting multiple battles in the field at the same time.  Maybe we should have attacked it early? Probably, sure. Hindsight is 20/20.   Go look at the battle log between HCE, BlackGuard and Mithrim over the last 12 weeks. We've done our part.

On another note, are you even still having fun with this game? Or are you using it as some kind of outlet to externalize your dissatisfaction with life? All you do is find things to complain. You obviously have some beef against, in particular, as are constantly trying to make our contributions look small and insignificant. Which, i guess if thats what you need to do to get by at the end of the day, be my guest.

Power trip? I'm not tripping on anything but you might be, LL could have EASILY shit on me(or anyone on the map) if they had wanted too but Dutchy decided not too. Wardens had a chance to retake Slezkh when it had 100 population, no gear, and I had no troops. I waited and waited for the attack to happen and it never did. Then LL attacked when I had 2k troops and the castle pop was at 700. That level of incompetence is just outstanding. I dont know if I'll hold against this Hound wave as I spent almost all my silver gearing for the battle against LL to make for good XP but I'll be damned if I dont try.

The real difference between you and the rest of your alliances is I can respect Dutchy and Jona. They are both great players of strat and obviously know what they're doing. Whenever I see what the Wardens are doing I'm just like "what". Like when you guys surrendered to Free Peasants of Fisdnar without even a single battle

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #232 on: September 07, 2015, 10:23:13 pm »
+5
Yes, we do have allies that we work with. That is kinda the point of an alliance.  No one criticized Britain for not being able to pull of D-day all on their lonesome.  We have friends who go way back, to previous strats. My first real experience in crpg was standing in an HoC shield wall. I will always have a sense of respect and friendship towards the hounds.

I will admit the first few assaults we made on Curaw were chaotic and ill organized.  We have sense changed that, each assault improving upon the last one.  Yes, the hounds did take Curaw, but our assaults did much to weaken it. We also fought the HCE multiple times in the field in and around Curaw, further weakening their position.  I advised Finnian to attack with 2k tickets, hoping that we could pull off a flag cap. It turned out to be a gamble that we lost. Still, the battles were fun, and we had a good time.  You on the other hand seem overly bitter and defensive. Why would I think Rugin being in Slezkh would hide him from you? I'd hate to infringe on your snarky little ego-power trip, but all you are doing is pointing out that we have a functional alliance that is capable of coordinating for effective military operations.

We do what we can with our resources and the amount of time we can put in the game.  Yesterday I looked at the pie-chart view of our war with HCE over the last 12 weeks. Basically we have each lost just over 7k troops fighting each other, with a very small advantage going to us. Considering that includes several assaults on Curaw, I am happy with that. Further more, good job to HCE for fighting the good fight. Unless i'm looking at the charts incorrectly, the majority of HCE tickets lost  in the north over the last 12 weeks are a result of fighting with Mithrim. This in no way diminishes the deeds of our allies,(HoC, LL, and lets not forget Taser!) who have done much collectively to make the war in the north for the most part successful.

So in short, while post was meant to be derogatory and insulting, it really only highlights the accomplishes of your enemies.

• Game Admin
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
« Reply #233 on: September 07, 2015, 10:49:42 pm »
I actually like quite a few Warden guys, just not Finnian and you. Rugin seems alright, Ornolf has been cool the few times I've spoken with him, same with Rostam.

But fuck it if you guys want to bury the hatchet, message me on steam lets work something out. I promise not to be vitriol or whatever

Offline fallinup

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
  • Chantakey
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Bastard of Almerra
« Reply #234 on: September 07, 2015, 11:22:59 pm »
+1
This thread is much fun.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #235 on: September 08, 2015, 01:21:01 am »
+1
Admittedly,

Wardens have bad Diplo tact, tbh. They are fun to work with, though, and enjoyable to fight with. I just, well, find their strat practices(in terms of overall ability) lacking, but who cares long as they get battles and fight shit.

I'd be fighting for Wardens, if they didn't have such a stacked roster already :( (Kinda the same with Dutchy, I Always try and keep rosters balanced by fighting for the weaker/lower side. Get shit when I do it, from both sides, though, and makes me really not want to fight for either)

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #236 on: September 08, 2015, 03:17:05 am »
+4
Anders, if you fought like I do, no one cares what side you are on.  The trick is to be shitty.

But I like the Wardens- they are the best enemies to have ever.  They are damn good on the field- armies and reinforcements and intercepting armies etc: they got that all figured out.  I loved the cat and mouse we played during the War of the North.  It was a shame that the rosters were so unreliable back then.  But yeah, they need to work on their sieges.  Mindless optimism is nice, but not lose 1000 ticks nice.  A little cynicism helps.

But yes, I agree with their stance on traitors.  Imagine if JayJrod someone was given a castle, then decided to join them and keep said castle?  That would be dishonourable, and the Wardens would never tolerlate that.  Or perhaps if Lost Legion a vassal faction went to them with a plan to secretly move armies unbeknownst to their trusting High King, I am sure the Wardens would spit in their faces rather than collaborate.  Even if it meant all the tundra some land they coveted would be left undefended, while the treacherous vassal faction could launch a surprise attack in the Steppes a different area.

No, sorry Roderick.  The Wardens will not tolerate people who switch sides for personal gain.  So let this be a lesson to all of you who might consider backstabbing- don't go to the Wardens!  They will not tolerate you, and will only take your lands from you as punishment.

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 08, 2015, 04:46:22 am »
I would agree that some of these moves could have, and perhaps should have been done with more tact. Jayjrod certainly payed us back for the inconvenience he caused you.  Also, it could be argued that Jayjrod was not switching for personal gain, as we paid him nothing, and gave him nothing to join our side.  Dividing your enemies, or supporting detractors from their own faction is not, par say, dishonorable, but rather seizing on an opportunity. Would you do something different?

Also, the only reason we required that Rodrick joined our faction was because he owned two villages in the middle of what we hope to soon be our glorious tundra kingdom. If his villages were outside the tundra, we really could have cared less.

Anders, if you fought like I do, no one cares what side you are on.  The trick is to be shitty.

But I like the Wardens- they are the best enemies to have ever.  They are damn good on the field- armies and reinforcements and intercepting armies etc: they got that all figured out.  I loved the cat and mouse we played during the War of the North.  It was a shame that the rosters were so unreliable back then.  But yeah, they need to work on their sieges.  Mindless optimism is nice, but not lose 1000 ticks nice.  A little cynicism helps.

But yes, I agree with their stance on traitors.  Imagine if JayJrod someone was given a castle, then decided to join them and keep said castle?  That would be dishonourable, and the Wardens would never tolerlate that.  Or perhaps if Lost Legion a vassal faction went to them with a plan to secretly move armies unbeknownst to their trusting High King, I am sure the Wardens would spit in their faces rather than collaborate.  Even if it meant all the tundra some land they coveted would be left undefended, while the treacherous vassal faction could launch a surprise attack in the Steppes a different area.

No, sorry Roderick.  The Wardens will not tolerate people who switch sides for personal gain.  So let this be a lesson to all of you who might consider backstabbing- don't go to the Wardens!  They will not tolerate you, and will only take your lands from you as punishment.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 04:53:23 am by Thalion_Menelvagor »

Offline Viscount

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player
  • Lol
    • View Profile
  • Faction: All The Above.
  • Game nicks: GrimReaper
  • IRC nick: TheViscount
« Reply #238 on: September 08, 2015, 07:03:25 am »
Thailon I never gived him 400 troops... even from the time I had to get ticks not really close to over 400 troops
𝔸𝕟𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕓𝕖𝕤𝕥. 𝕨𝕒𝕥𝕔𝕙 𝕚𝕥.
Start with Gate or Arslan Senki

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #239 on: September 08, 2015, 07:43:58 am »
in the middle of what we hope to soon be our glorious tundra kingdom.

I had one once.  It was nice, but soon you start craving more.  Then more.  Then even more!