Author Topic: War is over! Good Fight  (Read 20197 times)

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
Re: Legionaries Declare Eternal War on Acre and their Vassals
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2015, 12:10:54 am »
+2
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

• Game Admin
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2015, 12:11:15 am »
+2

Kids got alot of retard in him.

Love you too buddy :)

Offline Dr_Device

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2015, 12:36:35 am »
+3
I'm ain't your mama or teacher... Learn to read above an 8th grade level.

I wouldn't go around insulting other people's intelligence when you lot don't even understand how vassalage works. We are in no way a vassal of the Acre Trade Federation. We were once a vassal of a now defunct kingdom.

I guess I shouldn't be too hard on you. Squids aren't the brightest of species. They're quite the ugly one, too, but that's another issue entirely.

Offline CALAMARI

• Earl
  • Renown: 350
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2015, 01:32:48 am »
+1

Offline Dr_Device

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2015, 04:04:47 am »
+2
I don’t know why everyone keeps trying to get WotN and Legionaries to go to war with each other; it’s just not going to happen.

It's because you two are the only superpowers left on the strat map. Basically, your rebellion ended the war between KotN and WotN, but your faction hasn't created a good war to fill the void since. In fact, you allied yourselves with the wardens, so you achieved basically the exact opposite.

Now you're going to war with two significantly smaller factions (one of whom you attacked without ever declaring war on, fuck y'all for that by the way) who you completely overpower in terms of resources. Your plate-clad armies are declaring war on a small house and a still-building trade faction. Sure, that's a pretty safe war declaration, but even if you steamroll through us and basically annihilate our factions, all you really achieve is a brief masturbatory power fantasy while the other side likely just says fuck it and quits strat.

Strategus needs a good war to keep it alive, and the two factions best equipped to do that are the Wardens and the Legionaires, but instead you're staying butt-buddied and bullying smaller factions. People were blaming you for killing strat when you first rebelled, and you're just giving them more reason to blame you by not pulling your weight in keeping the war machine rolling.

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2015, 04:54:28 am »
+1
Let's be honest here, the death of Strat was a very slow process which started mid Strat Four. As player numbers continued to decrease/not give a flying fuck about the campaign, interest in Strat decreased. So to solely blame two factions for causing the death of Strategus over a four month period (Hint: Strategus Five was supposed to end December of 2014), is pretty ludicrous. Try blaming the community over a longer period of time.

Your plate-clad armies are declaring war on a small house and a still-building trade faction. Sure, that's a pretty safe war declaration, but even if you steamroll through us and basically annihilate our factions, all you really achieve is a brief masturbatory power fantasy while the other side likely just says fuck it and quits strat.

Advocating the Legionaries go to war against WoTN isn't really a fair thing to have occur either, a 7 v 47? That's almost as bad as declaring a war against a fledgling trading republic in order to achieve that masturbatory effect. So essentially the best thing for Strat right now is to play Trade Simulator for god knows how long, allow for the individual factions to rebuild, and then go from there.

They're not the first to have used a plated army to clusterfuck a smaller faction off the map, nor will they be the last (depending on how much longer this goes on for.)

Some questions I have are:

Exactly how are the Legionaries larger then these two significantly smaller factions? Combined Acre and the Curaw Trade Federation have more fiefs, and have more members then the Legionaries, for as we all know, (I assume), 12 is greater then 11, and 24 is greater then 7. The second question is what is House Stark doing in Strat, while yes. I understand that you just finished a major war with WoTN; isn't it really your responsibility to keep feeding the machine of Strat as the second largest faction?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 04:57:46 am by Sharpe »

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2015, 04:58:27 am »
+1
Now you're going to war with two significantly smaller factions

Could you define "smaller" for me?

My issue with Acre has always been they (James) always talks big talk on the forum, but with one of the largest active player bases and strat factions, has actually achieved very little themselves.

I'm still holding a grudge from when they merced for the AI against my 2-man faction at the beginning of strat  :(

AND I still hold a grudge with those Squiddies on behalf of GOW who took that fief off me, but Squiddies and GOW capitulated before I had a chance to plot against them. Acre still around.

.... and now I have to sit next to Calamari. Ew.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 05:06:27 am by HappyPhantom »
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml

• Game Admin
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2015, 05:16:40 am »
+2
Could you define "smaller" for me?
I'll try

Here's an image of what each faction has(doesn't count troops in armies, and silver carried on the person only whats in fiefs).

If you are talking in terms of land, then yes House Stark is the biggest faction in Strat. If you're talking in terms of troops, which is basically what matters House Stark isn't even on the chart(same with Acre). In terms of players yes House Stark is bigger if you don't count AFK people(We have I believe 6 active members).

In terms of money, including what we have in fiefs House Stark all together has a measly 6mil silver compared to Dutchy alone who told me himself he has over 50mil. So one person in their faction can afford many times over what one of ours can.

And probably the most important bit of all: Dutchy and the rest have been playing strat forever meanwhile the majority of active strat players in House Stark are new(I started in December 2014, most others started after me). So they know more people, know who is the best mercs, what to offer to hire them, and much more.

So in my honest opinion, although they have "less" players they have more in experience. Although they may be smaller geographically they are way more wealthy.

.... and now I have to sit next to Calamari. Ew.
If you dont want to sit next to him, you're always welcome to sit over with us ;). I promise we don't have any tentacles.

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2015, 05:56:58 am »
+1
Partially you prove my point, BUT STOP TRYING TO COUNTER MY EMOTIONAL RESPONSE WITH LOGIC!

<3
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml

Offline sJimmy

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2015, 06:06:28 am »
All right Gentlemen, here’s a deal, we hoping to have some battles. So, we are going to attack your fiefs in the Desert Area and the Desert Area only. After we have attacked your villages, castles, city’s, we will consider the war over and hand them back. What say you?
Here to hoping nighttime won’t be a problem nor crazy attacks from your side at piss poor hours.
"By what you decide to do every day you will be a good man or not." – Knights Hospitaller, 2nd Crusade

Offline Talanarsis

• Count
  • Renown: 177
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: House Stark
  • Game nicks: Not so Innocent Virgin
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2015, 06:29:03 am »
Partially you prove my point, BUT STOP TRYING TO COUNTER MY EMOTIONAL RESPONSE WITH LOGIC!

<3

Its ok Happy, I wuv you <3

• Game Admin
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2015, 06:29:51 am »
+4
All right Gentlemen, here’s a deal, we hoping to have some battles. So, we are going to attack your fiefs in the Desert Area and the Desert Area only. After we have attacked your villages, castles, city’s, we will consider the war over and hand them back. What say you?
Here to hoping nighttime won’t be a problem nor crazy attacks from your side at piss poor hours.

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2015, 06:36:16 am »
Its ok Happy, I wuv you <3

Only cos my KD is always negative ;)

Offline Talanarsis

• Count
  • Renown: 177
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: House Stark
  • Game nicks: Not so Innocent Virgin
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2015, 06:42:16 am »
Only cos my KD is always negative ;)

Nerp, New Zealanders are my weakness

You make my womanhood tremble!

Offline CALAMARI

• Earl
  • Renown: 350
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2015, 06:45:02 am »
+3

I thought I was called in for a war but obviously it's a circle jerk.