Author Topic: dtv player limit  (Read 1548 times)

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
Re: dtv player limit
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2015, 07:13:23 pm »
+4
Where is the fun
It's just there, for some of us. It's not for everyone, I understand that, just as siege is not for every battle player and how battle is not for every siege player. My clan and MOST of (eu) players that frequest DTV play it because they enjoy it. Sure, we enjoy the bigger rewards, and sure, there are many grinders since the increase, and that is sad for other servers, but I can't say that I'm complaining, as long as they actually play and not just fuck around/leech in shieldwalls/hide somewhere.

I don't play to compete, I like the sound of blade hitting a body, I like the blood that appears on characters, it appeases me. That's what is fun for me. Also you don't have to be as serious as on other gamemodes :D

Fun is everywhere, look at Krems and their "typical" session of fun, it's all arbitrary ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2139
  • Infamy: 392
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2015, 07:21:42 pm »
For me every game mode has its charms, except Rageball. Never enjoyed that tbh.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2015, 10:07:31 pm »
For me every game mode has its charms, except Rageball. Never enjoyed that tbh.

Rageball is great fun, especially if you like football (soccer), hockey, or even american football. It incorporates aspects of all of those. As a former soccer player, I enjoyed rageball greatly since when you got a team together and all sat in the same TS there was the same friendly banter and shouting that comes with any real sport. It brought back some great memories, and personally I had a blast when the server was alive. I would even frequent EU or AUS rageball servers when those were up and running, since I was evidently in the minority of NA players who enjoyed it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1386
  • Infamy: 894
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2015, 10:14:29 pm »
I like sport games but Rageball mechanics is very clunky and not very intuitive. Which is understandable, because they've been developed by one man in his spare time and isn't something that was recycled from original game mechanics.

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2015, 11:49:16 pm »
ALSO, on topic, I remember long time ago actually asking Paul/Fips about DTV player limit, they claimed that after increasing max player limit server got bugged horribly and it wasn't worth the time to fix, however my memory may not be correct.

Everyone on EU side is welcome to HRE_DTV, which may have ridiculous bots (no block so constant spam) and old mechanics (polestagger(!), no body soak) but gives same rewards as Eu7.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2015, 11:24:53 am »
Is it still super-nudge?

Not THAT old mechanics, sadly :(