Poll

Make items scale on an odd STR requirement?

Yes
8 (30.8%)
No
13 (50%)
Doesnt matter population is too low
5 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: New STR requirement on items!!!  (Read 853 times)

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 273
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knightmare_
New STR requirement on items!!!
« on: February 25, 2015, 10:41:59 pm »
These are just some examples but please San and Senni-Ti and whoever else is doing balancing and item adding atm realize that these STR requirements are even and fucking up many builds at the moment, Please make the requirements  odd numbers that scale with the 3 stat boosts or whatever it is now! AKA make the Great Lance 21 or 24 STR and the plate 24 or 27 STR! Not trying to cry here but im just trying to make sense and put things into perspective.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Great Lance
Type:Polearm
Requirement:22 strength

Heavy Gauntlets
Type:Hand armor
Requirement:22 strength

Gothic Plate with Bevor
Type:Body armor
Requirement:25 strength
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 10:45:06 pm by Novamere »

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: New STR requirement on items!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 10:55:55 pm »
+5
Really you're asking to make each one 1 less str requirement. Making it 24 instead of 22 isn't going to help at all, just gives fewer options for builds
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 11:02:22 pm »
+1
Really you're asking to make each one 1 less str requirement. Making it 24 instead of 22 isn't going to help at all, just gives fewer options for builds

Just make them odd doesnt matter if its 21 or 24 or 27 as long as it works with builds like 21-18 24-18 and such so its not punishing people and fucking their build up anymore then it should if they want to use it.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 11:03:08 pm »
+1
Just make them odd doesnt matter if its 21 or 24 or 27 as long as it works with builds like 21-18 24-18 and such so its not punishing people and fucking their build up anymore then it should if they want to use it.

THIS. Beat me to it.

Why do odd multiple?

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 11:10:45 pm »
+3
If they would make them to fit the 3 stat thing they would be raised up to, you do realise this right? The reason they are 22 is because they dont want 21/xx builds using it, while if you for some reason make an odd build with 22 then you can use it still, id rather have it 22 difficulty than 24.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 11:11:50 pm »
+3
I think someone needs to relearn what an even or odd number is...  :lol:

On a more serious note, there is no reason to change something from 22 to 24 str. If you want to be able to use something that requires 22 strength, and you don't want a "messed up" build, then you're "forced" to have 24 str. How is this any different from that item requiring 24 str? Just because it looks pretty? Who cares?!?!? The pike requires 13 str, and SP1N would roll with a 13-27 build when using it. "But wait, common sense says he needs at least 15 str to use it!!!!" Not so, some people like the option to fully optimize their build. At the cost of having 2 points in IF (or something similar) he opted to instead have 1 extra str point, since having the small boost in hp wasn't going to change his playstyle much at all. Now people who want to great lance need only make a 21-X build and instead of maxing their IF or some other stat, shave off a point or 2 here and there and add the extra str point. That, or they just use 24 str.

Tl;dr: The option exists for those that want to make builds at these "odd" requirement levels, no need to change that.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 11:18:38 pm »
+1
At first I thought it was a good suggestion then I realized it doesn't matter if it's increased.
No one will get a 22 build anyway for a 22 str req item, but 24.

Suggested level 37 build for those (Matthaus?) who still wants to use great lance (polearm):
24/18 71hp 155 1H

8 PS
6 IF
6 SH
6 RI
6 AT
6 WM

Previous build:
21/21 70hp 145 1H

7 PS
7 IF
5 SH
7 RI
7 AT
5 WM

Will that be fixed in next patch perhaps?

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 11:24:55 pm »
I think someone needs to relearn what an even or odd number is...  :lol:

On a more serious note, there is no reason to change something from 22 to 24 str. If you want to be able to use something that requires 22 strength, and you don't want a "messed up" build, then you're "forced" to have 24 str. How is this any different from that item requiring 24 str? Just because it looks pretty? Who cares?!?!? The pike requires 13 str, and SP1N would roll with a 13-27 build when using it. "But wait, common sense says he needs at least 15 str to use it!!!!" Not so, some people like the option to fully optimize their build. At the cost of having 2 points in IF (or something similar) he opted to instead have 1 extra str point, since having the small boost in hp wasn't going to change his playstyle much at all. Now people who want to great lance need only make a 21-X build and instead of maxing their IF or some other stat, shave off a point or 2 here and there and add the extra str point. That, or they just use 24 str.

Tl;dr: The option exists for those that want to make builds at these "odd" requirement levels, no need to change that.

TLDR but im just making suggestions for everyone I personally do not care as my main build does not rely on any of this at all haha but im just trying to throw out suggestions like my other wipe strat thread and population thread.

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 11:25:22 pm »
No. It is just fine now.

"odd numbers" are very smart feature.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 11:34:54 pm »
+2
Sure. Earlier, It made more sense at 22/25 because of what the older looms would have done if armor increased by 7 once loomed. Great lance at 21 is risky, but at least you won't be able to get 9+ riding with it easily.

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2015, 11:36:55 pm »
+1
Sure. It made more sense at 22/25 because of what the older looms would have done if armor gave +7 more. Great lance at 21 is risky, but at least you won't be able to get 9+ riding with it easily.

I agree! Especially about the 9 riding cause i did STFs with that and 9 and 10 i was able to ride extremely slow and land a couch with a +3 courser it was ridiculous. I mean this is just my and a few others opinions and im throwing stuff out there.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 2178
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2015, 12:03:22 am »
+2
Great Lance STR req was upped because of builds with high riding skill, as San said. Similar goes for heavy armor parts (heavy gauntlets fit with plate armor, it isn't armor extension of medium/light armor builds). Only issue I see are heavy horse requirements, which should be lower imho (5 instead of 7). That's because STR oriented heavy knight in plate armor fits well with slow and heavily armored horse. Said knight on smallish Rouncey or colourful Slav horse looks silly.

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2015, 12:05:28 am »
Great Lance STR req was upped because of builds with high riding skill, as San said. Similar goes for heavy armor parts (heavy gauntlets fit with plate armor, it isn't armor extension of medium/light armor builds). Only issue I see are heavy horse requirements, which should be lower imho (5 instead of 7). That's because STR oriented heavy knight in plate armor fits well with slow and heavily armored horse. Said knight on smallish Rouncey or colourful Slav horse looks silly.

Thats true all armored horses for the main part are 7 riding i remember when the plated charger was 5 it was awesome!

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2015, 12:14:59 am »
+2
Eh, I'm fine with the odd (as in strange) requirements.  If I want to use my flamberge, which is now 22-str, I can make a standard 21/24 no-shield/horse build and throw the extra two skill points I have at 37 into a stat conversion for 22/24.  Much preferable to 24/21 with two points in a shield skill that I'd probably never get good use out of anyway.

WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2015, 06:20:31 pm »
Thank you San and balance team! :D

Lordly Gothic Plate with Bevor