Author Topic: 0.4.1.0  (Read 16157 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1865
  • Infamy: 2195
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: 0.4.1.0
« Reply #105 on: February 23, 2015, 03:00:54 pm »
Ah a traditional cRPG patch there guys  :wink:

Not really. This patch has been mostly done by new guys. chadz did patch it, but doubt he spent much time with it (up until now).

Offline Silversword

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusader of Acre
  • Game nicks: HolySilver
« Reply #106 on: February 23, 2015, 03:19:18 pm »
Not really. This patch has been mostly done by new guys. chadz did patch it, but doubt he spent much time with it (up until now).

Then he should revert it back to the old patch atleast. Do something. Unless chadz wants cRPG to die and just doesn't care enough to actually do anything about it.
Im a man of my word... In war

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 2205
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 23, 2015, 03:22:01 pm »
He did care enough to push this and previous patch.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2015, 03:29:15 pm »

I'm aware, that's the joke arse hat.
Turtles

Offline Brucia

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2015, 03:29:29 pm »
+1
Please consider to re-make 2h stab animation: for me it's ok if you changed it, i don't really care, but actually it was made incredibly bad.
Infact, the helmet and the body of the character cover the vision of the sword and they prevent us from seeing the tip of the sword. This result in a "blind hit", since you can't see your real reach and neither the precise direction of our hits (both covered by our character's body).

Improve this animation, or make another one at all, but please, allow us to see where are we hitting..i don't think this was the purpose of the change..

Offline Silversword

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2015, 03:34:25 pm »
He did care enough to push this and previous patch.
To push Broken patches? I respect chadz, but in more than one occasion has patches been put out without being tested and forcing us to endure it until, if they do, decide to fix it. We also have no choice, but to play them, we can't just go "Oh this patch is broken, lets continue playing the old one." All it is is to revert back to the old patch and fix the missing portraits in the shop. Ill be happy with that and then work on the broken patch, fix it, test it, then put it out.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2648
  • Infamy: 619
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2015, 03:38:17 pm »
Seems to me they have no clue is it broken or not until they patch it and we try it. Like this module system is extremely flimsy and that weird thing can happen because of smallest mistake. Reason why it didn't happen with last upgrades chadz was fully involved into, is probably his experience.

Offline Silversword

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 23, 2015, 03:43:05 pm »
Seems to me they have no clue is it broken or not until they patch it and we try it. Like this module system is extremely flimsy and that weird thing can happen because of smallest mistake. Reason why it didn't happen with last upgrades chadz was fully involved into, is probably his experience.

I've been playing since 2010. To have a patch that breaks the game like this after so long, it's just absurd really. But lets wait and see.

Offline chaosegg

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • gen 19 Escapist, Philosurfer, Voluntaryist
    • View Profile
    • I need to know why.
  • Faction: Tigurini
« Reply #113 on: February 23, 2015, 03:45:06 pm »
Patch notes; could have saved a lot of time by simply saying something like:[/size]

" +1 to a lot of item stats to make up for the -1 to a lot of heirloom stat bonuses....
also heavy armors are heavier with better loomed stats"

P.S.
Half my helmet models are broken/invisible now, and the Katzbalger looks like a light saber  :rolleyes:

P.S.S.
LoL at all the 2h thrust complaints... it's not that bad... it could certainly be worse.
"All true warriors travel the same river of blood, if one is disgraced, all are disgraced; if one finds his death in glory, so do we all find glory.
No true warrior would allow another to suffer unjust disgrace or begrudge him the fruits of a well-earned victory."

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 755
  • Infamy: 885
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 23, 2015, 03:45:42 pm »
Back in 2010. we mostly had native mechanics and animations in place. Since then, ton of stuff has been added. That extra code isn't as fullproof as original code written by Taleworlds. I'm dealing with bugs all the time, because of my poor configuration playing without WSE2 is only viable option and without WSE2 this mod is a mess.

Many people like nudge for example, but I think that is weakest piece of code Paul has ever written. It is extremely bug prone.

Offline Silversword

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 23, 2015, 03:50:22 pm »
Back in 2010. we mostly had native mechanics and animations in place. Since then, ton of stuff has been added. That extra code isn't as fullproof as original code written by Taleworlds. I'm dealing with bugs all the time, because of my poor configuration playing without WSE2 is only viable option and without WSE2 this mod is a mess.

Many people like nudge for example, but I think that is weakest piece of code Paul has ever written. It is extremely bug prone.
I still had loads of fun back then. I will admit when i got back a couple of days ago, i got a tiny bit addicted, but this patch ruined it completely. 

Offline Brucia

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 23, 2015, 03:55:45 pm »
+3
P.S.S.
LoL at all the 2h thrust complaints... it's not that bad... it could certainly be worse.

If you think this is a valid argomentation, we can't neither complain about bugs..there could be worse bug.
Did you tested it? I don't really think, or better, i hope you didn't, otherwise is sad that you can't see the things that all the others can see.

I said a precise problem of this animation, that is not a cry about "bring back our stabs". It is a valid problem that you should try to remove, not laugh about it. I don't care if you decided to nerf 2h stab but keep the old 1h op stab, who cares! 2h is still the best weapon, so it's ok to try to re-balance it. But i don't think that removing one kind of attack from swords (since is what you have done actually, just go ingame and see that 90% of 2h are using a non-stab weapon) can resolve something.

Maybe instead to think that is always the fault of the others, you should start to see things with different eyes. There are some valid add in this patch, it is undeniable. But it is as much undeniable that some are total crap, like the 2h animation. I'm sure that the idea behind this change was good (even because the old animation wasn't really realistic, while this new one, when will be fixed, will be much more realistic), but the actual result isn't. You can accept this criticism, or close your eyes....anyway will be the game that will suffer from your decisions.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 04:19:33 pm by Brucia »

Offline QuisUtDeus

• Knight
  • Renown: 64
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 23, 2015, 05:31:08 pm »
TL;DR .. must .. play .. nao. Awesome!

pogosan

« Reply #118 on: February 23, 2015, 05:37:08 pm »
+2

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 23, 2015, 05:55:48 pm »
+2
boohoo, someone actually decided to give some love for the mod wasting countless hours at it, even though they never did it before so bugs were to be expected, and I never would've done it nor will, but still I feel I am entitled to come here and be a complete dick about it because reasons, bohooooooooo