Yes
11 (45.8%)
No
9 (37.5%)
Maybe - but not like that.
4 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: March 13, 2015, 09:00:14 pm

Author Topic: Buff Shield bash  (Read 1120 times)

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
Buff Shield bash
« on: February 11, 2015, 08:11:08 pm »
Can we have shields give a chance to knockdown and some blunt dmg? Maybe if someone is holding an attack and they are bonked by a shield an instant knockdown?  :D . Make the dmg and knockdown percentage based off of your power strike to keep people from abusing it by making super agi shielder trolls.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 04:37:19 am by Grytviken »

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
Re: Buff Shield bash
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 09:38:11 pm »
Can we have shields give a chance to knockdown and some blunt dmg? Maybe if someone is holding an attack and they are bonked by a shield an instant knockdown?  :D . Make the dmg and knockdown percentage based off of your power strike to keep people from abusing it by making super agi shielder trolls.

That first gif reminds me of those long television adverts for some reason, and the second one is from movies. But in my opninion, at least range should be improved. that, or you should stay guarded when shield bashing. I mean, wood does not suddenly become air just because you are trying to hit someone with it now does it?
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Akronus97

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kreus, Etard_without_R, Did_I_hear_PARTEY
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 09:58:02 pm »
+1
Worst idea in the last time tbh
"There are no spams, just missed blocks" - Makelele 2014

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 10:14:39 pm »
+1
I think heavier shields should deal more damage and lighter shields less damage while decreasing the stun a bit to prevent annoying shield bash combos. I don't think people like the idea of shield bash dealing alright damage, though.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 11:05:45 pm »
+4
I think heavier shields should deal more damage and lighter shields less damage while decreasing the stun a bit to prevent annoying shield bash combos. I don't think people like the idea of shield bash dealing alright damage, though.

Most of the people are 2H users who would cry their eyes out if shield got any offensive abilities at all, despite it being perfectly reasonable. Same should actually apply for hilt strike, those hils were like small maces, strong enough strike was able to crush skull, yet all it does is a little shove.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.

Offline W0LF

• Baron
  • Renown: 148
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: W0LF
  • IRC nick: W0LF
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 11:38:42 pm »
+1
I agree with san with the heavier shields doing more dmg but shield is already easy mode so if it had knockdown everyone would be shielders...

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 12:23:35 am »

Maybe damage based on powerstrike? Example 5 powerstrike = 5 dmg,  so it would only benefit more balanced or strength heavy builds which I don't see alot of.

Edit: maybe even some risk vs reward. make it also damage your shield equal to the dmg dealt.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 01:25:32 am by Grytviken »

Offline ImElias

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ImSofaKingInKweddable
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2015, 01:18:57 am »
+1
I'd be all for it even if the maximum possible damage was 2-3.

I can't imagine getting slammed by a heavy blunt object feeling too well unless I was inside an inflatable ball.

Won't happen though, this community is full of elitist 2H/Polearm players who would cry if they feel their superiority is threatened. Wouldn't bother me the slightest if a shield player has an advantage on me, they already suffer the worst block coverage and block speed.

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2015, 02:01:03 am »
+1
I'd be all for it even if the maximum possible damage was 2-3.

I can't imagine getting slammed by a heavy blunt object feeling too well unless I was inside an inflatable ball.

Won't happen though, this community is full of elitist 2H/Polearm players who would cry if they feel their superiority is threatened. Wouldn't bother me the slightest if a shield player has an advantage on me, they already suffer the worst block coverage and block speed.

If the dmg dealt from the shield bash also does equal damage to your shield then it should be a fairly equal tradeoff. Gives the shielder a little more offensive potential at the risk of breaking your shield off of them and speeding up the process in which they destroy your shield.

Offline Hoppster

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Billy_Bad_Ass
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 02:25:14 am »
they already suffer the worst block coverage and block speed.

cmon man, grow a brain will ya

Offline ImElias

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ImSofaKingInKweddable
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 04:37:14 am »
cmon man, grow a brain will ya

Play a shielder, you'll see how impairing it is.

I just lolswing through them effortlessly and score random hits all the time while they're blocking. The infamous wrap around swing, gotta love it.

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2015, 10:40:15 am »
+2
Shield bashes are already far too abusable and unblockable. If the damage was to be buffed there needs to be something to counter the bash then.

Also spamming a shielder works only because most of them are terrible at this game. Against any good shielder you'll get killed in three hits if you try to spam them...

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2015, 10:45:36 am »
I have never been able to kill anyone ever with a shield bash/nudge, please buff it, its underpowered
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2015, 06:45:03 pm »
Shield bashes are already far too abusable and unblockable. If the damage was to be buffed there needs to be something to counter the bash then.

Also spamming a shielder works only because most of them are terrible at this game. Against any good shielder you'll get killed in three hits if you try to spam them...

That post is so full of bias it makes my eyes roll from just glancing at it. First, have you ever heard of the shield block-to-attack delay? Second, Shield bashes abusable? Dont know how about others, but for the most of the time, The utterly idiotic hitbox tends to screw me over most of the time, with me ending up dead, instead of interrupting someone elses attack. The only thing I have actually ever found it useful for, is to knock people off walls, provided it hits and my shield doesnt transform into collision-less gas of shield like shape, only for me to to get my ass shanked...

EDIT: Meh fuck it, the mod is done anyways. Even if this gets through there wont really be much of a point to it...

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2015, 09:36:15 pm »
Should not be considered as long as it's unblockable.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.