Author Topic: 2 time Worlds Strongest Viking breaks ancient viking record  (Read 3082 times)

Offline FleetFox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 711
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fox Shox Rox
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norse_Torr and FleetFox
Re: 2 time Worlds Strongest Viking breaks ancient viking record
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2015, 06:38:39 pm »
+1
So they're useless because violence is the supreme authority but these people arent good at violence yet they still command authority. That seems quite contradictory, if violence was genuinely the root of all authority then you'd have no issue with these people 'pretending' to be alphas and commanding authority as a result.

Good luck anyone who attempts a pure 'might makes right' philosophy in this century, you'll get put in a cage for the rest of your life by pacifists, moderates and all manner of other 'weak' people who are much smarter and better at manipulating others than you. Then at least you'll have plenty of time to ponder how these 'weak' people have all the power whilst you have nothing.

If the ability to swing your fists harder and longer than the people around you was the most important attribute, we'd have stopped evolving down this path thousands of years ago back when we were much stronger and more stupid than we are now.

We were stronger and every man woman and child could run very well. As to the more stupid, not sure about that... Please watch this, its very good some very interesting arguments put forward:

"Its better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
― Emiliano Zapata

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2015, 06:48:16 pm »
That "victory" yell reminded me a lot of the victory yell from Warband

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2015, 07:06:14 pm »
They do it because there is money and fame in it?
:lol:
Yeah, sure thing. Rolling in sweet monies, they are. Way easier than a regular job, too. Either that, or most of them are actually having to work shitty jobs to support their hobby.

Fighting is probably more useless than being able to lift heavy things and have an ''attractive'' physique in my life and as far as I can see for anyone in my surroundings.
Spoken like a true sheltered Western sheep. Too bad that the peaceful times we live in right now can change extremely quickly, and in fact we're moving towards more restless times right now, and "pacifists" like yourself are completely helpless without the protection of a lawful society. Not even mentioning the fact that anyone aggressive can and will use you as a doormat, and your opinion literally matters not at all when it comes to anything decided in the real world. If someone doesn't listen to you, your only option is to cry about it.

Very little authority stems from unarmed violence by the individual wielding the authority these days.
Wrong.

Can't remember a social interaction in my life where the baddest motherfucker enjoyed advantages in human interactions or when I was at the mercy of others.
Then you're an awkward nerd who couldn't spot how social interactions work even if you got punched in the face. Either that, or you were literally raised in a barrel. Realistically, probably a combination of both. There is no social environment where the capacity for violence doesn't play a huge part in interactions between humans. For an easy example, look at schools and the bully dynamic.

Besides, isn't the baddest motherfucker hard to spot as muscles and size are not a proper indicator of fighting ability?
No, not at all, for someone who has eyes to see and doesn't have the social grace of a homeschooled autist. Which it really seems like you are, judging by your statements. It's absurd I even have to explain these things to you. Literally every media and environment is littered with examples and stereotypes of what I'm talking about. Who are the popular kids in school? The nerds? No? Do the bullies in school walk up to jocks and throw their books on the floor? No? Wonder why.
Violent people get looked down upon here
Only on the surface. It's a common defense mechanism from people with no physical ability whatsoever. Fear is a funny thing.

in a modern society fighting is for retards.
And, see, you could never say things like this in real life, because you'd get the crap beat out of you for being an out-of-touch-with-reality nerd. Another cool thing about being able to fight, huh? Can say what you want. And yet another example of why and how the social dynamic works.

Boxing gloves and rules make him a slow turd, but without the gloves this guy can is hard to hurt and if he gets a proper hold of anyone half his weight, he can do whatever with them.
Wow, you must have a lot of experience! Prithee, how do boxing gloves make him "a slow turd"? How do rules slow him down? How do you know he's hard to hurt? And walking in and bearhugging someone isn't actually a very valid technique...

And, most importantly of all, how can you live with the fact that any two-bit thug could walk up and beat up/murder/rape anyone close to you, while your only option is to watch helplessly, like the useless sheep you are? "Sorry waifu dear, but fighting is for retards, so if you don't mind I'll just wait here while these gents run a train on you." How you can call yourself a man when you're not able to protect people around you is beyond me... though I guess it's one of the perks of the modern age, men who are as helpless as women.

Another funny thing is that anyone who takes enough offense with what you say can do with you as they will. That is literally being at the mercy of people. You are only alive because nobody thinks you are worth the effort of killing. Heck, someone could get upset at what you write on the forums and track you down.

You're like this kid:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2043589/PlayStation-gamer-Mark-Bradford-46-throttles-schoolboy-Call-Of-Duty-revenge-attack.html
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline NejStark

• Marshall
  • Renown: 918
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
    • Personal wesbite
  • Game nicks: GK_NejStark, Anything with "Nej" in it.
  • IRC nick: itsnej
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2015, 07:19:31 pm »
This si the worlds strongest man atm I think. Lithuanian Žydrūnas Savickas.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
"A man on the steppe with no friends is as narrow as a finger; a man with friends is as wide as the steppe"

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2015, 07:20:02 pm »
Anyone else notice how fucking creepy this song is? It's like The Pedophile Song. Like straight out of The Woodsman.

"When we touched she didn't shudder at my paw :) No.. it can't be.. I'll just ignore.. but then she's never looked at me that way before"

Total pedo vibes.

If I'm the only one who gets pedo vibes from that then this post was a joke and there's nothing wrong with me.

Upvoting because this is the only interesting post in the whole thread.

Also http://www.overthinkingit.com/2011/10/03/beauty-beast-stockholm-syndrome/

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2015, 07:40:10 pm »
+8
(click to show/hide)
Sheltered western society is my reality, and yours too and I am in touch with being able to live a sheltered life. Tells us Xant, what authority have you extracted from fighting skills? How many people have you saved from rape and murder? How many would-be assassins have you fought off with your epic martial art skills? How many people have you beat up if they didn't listen to you, since you can do more than cry about? What kind of success have you derived from your fantastic ability to punch someone?

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2015, 12:10:01 am »
So? This guy isn't a bodybuilder. Bodybuilders train to strike poses. This guy trains to do brief displays of strength. Fighters train to fight. A fighter would suck in a bodybuilding competition, a strongman would suck in a fighting competition and a bodybuilder would suck in a strongman competition. All of these physical disciplines are useless to most people's daily lives, so I don't see why any of them would be less useless than any of the others.

This.

He's a strongman.. he trains to do strongman, not fighting. Just like fighters train to be better at fighting. I'd like to see a fighter do well at a strongman comp. Would prob do just as well as a strongman in a MMA ring.

I will say that exercising relatively heavy is a boon for health for people, especially as they get older. So maybe its useless for a majority of people for daily tasks.. but for health reasons I'd say it helps pretty nicely. Just like neglecting cardio has its problems, same with not maintaining strength. But that's a tangent topic but hey this whole thread is off topic now.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 2797
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2015, 12:55:08 am »
I will say that exercising relatively heavy is a boon for health for people

People who train heavy sooner or later become obsessed with it, start taking steroids and end like this before true old age arrives: http://www.deadwrestlers.net/under50.html

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2015, 01:41:56 am »
+2
Obligatory GIF

Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2015, 02:48:21 am »
People who train heavy sooner or later become obsessed with it, start taking steroids and end like this before true old age arrives: http://www.deadwrestlers.net/under50.html

Not sure if srs.

And I said relatively heavy. Not saying people should be maxing out PR's everytime and 90 y.o grandmas should be squatting 500.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2015, 07:37:28 am »
Sheltered western society is my reality, and yours too and I am in touch with being able to live a sheltered life. Tells us Xant, what authority have you extracted from fighting skills? How many people have you saved from rape and murder? How many would-be assassins have you fought off with your epic martial art skills? How many people have you beat up if they didn't listen to you, since you can do more than cry about? What kind of success have you derived from your fantastic ability to punch someone?
Sheltered western society is your reality. For now. Historically, that has never lasted for very long. And you see, Teethie dearie, I don't have to beat up people if they don't listen to me, because they know I could.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2015, 12:37:56 pm »
+2
Every thread that involves muscles Xant has to troll in. At least he got the muscles and time to use his keyboard and mouse.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2015, 01:10:50 pm »
+2
Every thread that involves muscles Xant has to troll in. At least he got the muscles and time to use his keyboard and mouse.

Trolling? Don't make Xant look less stupid, cause he's not.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2015, 01:13:52 pm »
+1
It's how I exercise my typing muscles, brah.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2015, 01:18:24 pm »
Those are probably more useful than fighting muscles.