• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
Re: Today
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2015, 04:03:33 pm »
I dont think theres that much ranged on Eu, just shit loads of agi spamming longswords/miadaos/long axes/falchions etc etc.

One way to stop the agi spam profusion would do something about the armour, pretty sure all the heaviest armour in the game does is slow you down, I found with a little IF I did better naked than with +3 gothic plate which is frankly a pretty fucked up damage system.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2015, 04:55:14 pm »
I dont think theres that much ranged on Eu, just shit loads of agi spamming longswords/miadaos/long axes/falchions etc etc.

One way to stop the agi spam profusion would do something about the armour, pretty sure all the heaviest armour in the game does is slow you down, I found with a little IF I did better naked than with +3 gothic plate which is frankly a pretty fucked up damage system.

Every 2h thats playing atm is str or balance build though.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2015, 05:51:12 pm »
I think that apart from low population the design of the mod is pretty good, I just don't want to spend much time playing games anymore, which means I don't want to play cRPG as for the last 4 years 80-90% of my gaming time has been spent playing cRPG.

Same here.

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2015, 07:46:20 pm »
Must be just me who constantly runs into speed freaks buzzing around in light armour with longswords

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2015, 07:50:11 pm »
I played some cRPG for the first time in a few months.

I've quite to go play BF4, because I'll get shot less.

In a game with guns.

So yeah.

I hope the new game comes quickly.

Btw how are pistols in BF4? I wanted to go pistol only in BF3 but fuck, I cant work with that retarded viewmodel FOV...
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1324
  • Infamy: 1240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2015, 08:37:48 pm »
+2

You don't even know the definition of a STR build.

Offline ecorcheur_brokar

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • The guy who kill with one blow
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brokar/SuisseMonCervela/CheeseInMyPants
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2015, 09:17:34 pm »
+2
STR is a disapeared species since 2010
"With great bardiche comes great responsability"
"The wolf doesn't care how many sheeps may be"

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2015, 10:57:04 pm »
You don't even know the definition of a STR build.

I'm playing a strength build :C
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2585
  • Infamy: 2694
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2015, 01:10:56 am »
I'm playing a strength build :C

You are playing borderline STR shielder build if you're having 27 STR. For 2H builds 30 is minimum for STR builds imho. Actually I believe it is 33 STR and I'll explain why.

Before the patch that buffed AGI, STR builds had no real downfall and AGI builds were inferior but properly balanced. Before that patch, AGI builds had strong points and weaknesses compared to STR builds which didn't have any weaknesses due to free wpf. Right now tables turned and AGI builds have almost no weakness while STR builds lost the swing speed which is very important. Notice that I'm talking about extremes, known as AGI and STR builds. Between are balanced builds which were decent but are always losing to the better extreme of a period.

Before, when most were level 30 and high levels were around level 34, AGI builds were identified as lower than 15 STR for standard levels and lower than 18 STR for high levels (24+ AGI). Between 18 and 24 STR for regular and high levels were balanced builds and above 24 STR, but that was hard to determine because as I said STR builds had no real weakness.

Now situation is different completely. Level are higher and anything above 15 AGI is considered as AGI build because it gives you enough wpf to be able to swing fast enough. For example, at level 36/37 which is common these days you can have 30/18 build with 155 wpf. Moves fast enough, swings fast enough, in medium armor speed bonus is decent, pure PS is high. Hits like a truck, can survive a lot of hits. Should be a STR build, but resembles balanced more and has no weakness.

That's the main problem, first was STR op now is AGI. Extremes must have one strenght and one weakness. Can't have both.

At 33 STR you can have realistically 12 AGI tops, when you start to feel lack of wpf and reduced swing speed compared to other players who are mostly AGI. I know they are AGI because this mod is currently S key fest and only AGI builds S key a lot. As a extreme STR build (previous two builds 36/9, 42/3 and now 45/3) I seldom press S key because I'm too busy with catching everybody who backpedal from me (I'm holding W key).

Also would like to say it again, it is a big mistakes making STR and AGI stats equal. That only creates issues with speed bonus (which is tailored for native AGI values, not off the charts cRPG values). AGI must be support stat, nothing more.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2015, 01:15:55 am »
I don't see how the m0d is le ded, the server population is still at 80% 2 hander ballerinas 1 hitting everything with the secret art of water dancing.  :lol:

well fugs :DDDDDDDDD

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2015, 01:34:40 am »
You are playing borderline STR shielder build if you're having 27 STR. For 2H builds 30 is minimum for STR builds imho. Actually I believe it is 33 STR and I'll explain why.

Im a shielder, you dont get much more str with a shield. Maybe you enjoy playing with 4 shieldskill, what do i know, seems like you are playing troll builds now anyways, or maybe you just arent trying. And afaik, Str based= 3-6 more str than agi, str build = 6-12 more agi (something around that) and str whore is everything  beyond that. Also Strenght build doesnt necessarily have to be full out PS, im maxed out PS and IF, and im one sturdy motherfucker, probably the best build ive made in a while. I can insane amounts of hits, and dish out insane amounts of damage. My movement speed isnt even bad at 5 athl with plate and a shield weighing me down, ofcourse some will be able to peddal away from me, but simply holding an attack for a split second longer will make you hit him not only with higher PS but with his own movespeed used against him. At this point i wouldnt even be bothered with an agi nerf, since playing str heavy builds are way stronger anyways.

And who are you to decide what the definition of strength builds and agi builds are? Stop crying about stats like one is stronger than the other, chances are you are probably complaining about 2hers being agiwhores when really they are balanced. Also stop living in your strength whores world.

I guess we'll just go down the route of archery, nerf it till its unplayable, then move on to the next class that kills you and nerf that aswell. Much easier than actually bothering to learn to play, might take a slight bit longer though.
Pretty sure at this point you're just trolling

At the time i checked through the 2h'ers playing, it was GTX (balance build) Warlord (str based), some sb plated axe guy (was definitely str) and spamwhore (str based). There may have been some other balance build miaodao spam.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 01:38:51 am by Gravoth_iii »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1933
  • Infamy: 372
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2015, 01:40:51 am »
It's not a troll build, it can be very effective. Depends on situation. Also I'm testing to see how it fares versus other, more popular builds.

But main reason why I am playing such a build is native. It is very similar to typical native 2H build, except for extremely slow attack speed.

That aside, build I'm currently playing is perfect example of what they are trying to achieve with Battlegrounds, specialization. My build is specialized for extremely high damage and can take a beating. But it is slow. cRPG is broken in that regard, because you get speed and damage too, because of extreme speed bonus.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2075
  • Infamy: 2087
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2015, 01:46:12 am »
And who are you to decide what the definition of strength builds and agi builds are? Stop crying about stats like one is stronger than the other, chances are you are probably complaining about 2hers being agiwhores when really they are balanced. Also stop living in your strength whores world.

Last two months I've played 3 extreme AGI builds and 3 STR builds and two mixed hybrid builds. With various weapons.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2015, 01:56:42 am »
It's not a troll build, it can be very effective. Depends on situation. Also I'm testing to see how it fares versus other, more popular builds.

But main reason why I am playing such a build is native. It is very similar to typical native 2H build, except for extremely slow attack speed.

That aside, build I'm currently playing is perfect example of what they are trying to achieve with Battlegrounds, specialization. My build is specialized for extremely high damage and can take a beating. But it is slow. cRPG is broken in that regard, because you get speed and damage too, because of extreme speed bonus.

But if you go with speed bonus you will fall short on tankiness. And speed bonus is a double edges blade which can be used against you. Using it will also only work so many times before the enemy figures out how to delay a swing. Movementspeed is good for escaping though, at times when you get a team that is spreading out from spawn, is nice to pick your own battles and not get chased down.

TBH, its kinda hard comparing agi based builds vs str based, because any reasonable person playing those builds will adapt their playstyle to their advantages. Agility will pick fights carefully, and flank, while str goes head on and wants to fight in the big clashes. For me STR is stronger, i can take so many more risks with str, and get bigger rewards. I dont even have to rightclick, usually enemies make one mistake and i can punish that mistake with more damage than what theyve dealt to me in the last 3 hits.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2015, 01:59:06 am »
+1
STR is a disapeared species since 2010

I tragedy, STR mother's asshole

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far