• View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
Re: Today
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2015, 07:57:48 pm »
1) What
2) I think they are fixed now.

My ping still jumps up randomly to 150 on NA. I normally get around 50s. Lag is still there for me.
Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2015, 08:47:12 pm »
My ping still jumps up randomly to 150 on NA. I normally get around 50s. Lag is still there for me.

dont bother trying to explain the situation, Gravoth is beyond being reasoned with, to him crpg is the bestest most balanced perfect game there is, with 0 REASON TO CHANGE IT AT ALL, cuz its crpg, and crpg is perfect.

Gravoth i know you enjoy being the biggest fanboy you can, it wasnt meant as a compliment, plz look up fanboyism, its not a good thing fanboy's are actually really harmful to a community. and the people actually trying to help the game, speak up less and less...

the end result is a community with no players outside a small group of clearly fucking insane people living in their own fucking lala land talking about how great and perfect a game with no players is.

and no matter what we post, no matter how true or obvious it is, gravoth will post that we are wrong and that the game is perfect and nothing at all in it needs to be fixed.

the end result is more people leaving and less people posting their thoughts on how it all went wrong.

I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Protemus

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 270
  • cRPG Player
  • EZ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan EZ kills
  • Game nicks: niluK_the_Annoying aka EZ
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2015, 09:55:54 pm »
+3

the end result is more people leaving and less people posting their thoughts on how it all went wrong.

I'm sorry I don't have enough time to post my thoughts because I'm ACTUALLY BUSY PLAYING THE MOD ITSELF

But then you have people like Leshma or Teeth who spend 4-5 hours each day on forum talking about game missing that, this being OP, that being bad, bla bla, QQ QQ and forgetting that talking won't resurrect the mod, but the actual presence on server will, and playing of course.
Quote from: Melee Gaming
Protemus, You have received a warning for non-relevant posts in ban section also for personal attacks with disgusting insults on the forums. Chill out and enjoy the game. Regards, cRPG Team

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1840
  • Infamy: 1998
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2015, 09:59:25 pm »
+1
I'm still playing 2-4 hours at late evening and during the night pretty much every day. Way less than used to but I'm fairly sure that is still above average.

Haven't noticed any difference, lag is still present.

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2015, 10:13:40 pm »
I'm sorry I don't have enough time to post my thoughts because I'm ACTUALLY BUSY PLAYING THE MOD ITSELF

But then you have people like Leshma or Teeth who spend 4-5 hours each day on forum talking about game missing that, this being OP, that being bad, bla bla, QQ QQ and forgetting that talking won't resurrect the mod, but the actual presence on server will, and playing of course.

?

sigh. no one is goin to come back untill things are fixed...you guys seem to blame us, for not playing the game. wtf? if the game was fun, we would play, dont blame us, the game USED to be fun, and therefore we used to play it.

you fanboys, seriously need to get better arguments than blah blah QQ more.

having more players makes it much more fun. this whole "i blame the players for leaving more then the game changes that drove them away" is ridiculous, if you want more people to play, beg devs to make the game better. devs provide the fun, gamers seek it. people anrt going to play a game to make it fun for u, if they arnt having fun themselves.

you guys make the same dumb arguments "people didnt leave cuz tydeus, they just got bored" or " people didnt leave cuz game is broken, the game is just old"

get this through your heads, if a game is boring...ITS BAD, good games dont get old, if they did, GoG.com wouldnt exist. BAD games get old \ boring, but a good game will be around till its replaced by something better.

there are games like Diablo 2 which are 15 years old and still have a active player base and community larger than this one.
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2015, 12:00:20 am »

Ping jumps never were the issue with the lag complaints, it was that everything felt delayed and swings would hit through people etc. It was like high ping but it didnt show i guess. So your problem is probably not on the games part, or maybe the NA servers have issues..

(click to show/hide)

What? Fanboy? What is this all of a sudden? Why so upset? Who are you even?

Allright, ill explain what my reasons on why i want the game to stay similar to what it is with minor changes here and there. Game that only nerf things generally show it only as a nerf, but when something gets hit by a nerfhammer its usually going to be useless and ditched forever. A lot of nerfs are happening in this game now, and few buffs. Also suggestions to remove a lot of options and variety, for no apparent reasons except theories and crying.

I hate nerfs. I like buffs, buffs to things that make them more viable and adds more options to the game. I hate removing things. If things are in the game, and are balanced i dont see any reason to change them. And example here would be dota, dota rarely nerfs anything hard, but very often buffs heroes to bring them back and make them viable, this way more things are always made viable and everything is more or less viable. Unless something is blatantly overpowered it doesnt get nerfed.

This is why you got the idea that im a fanboy that thinks the game is perfect, because every balancing thread is nerf nerf nerf remove remove nerf. Its slowly making the game into a game where only balance builds are viable. And i have tried to avoid balance build tryharding for the longest time. A good way to kill a game is by nerfing everything to shit untill everyone is forced into one build, which is eventually also getting nerfed and then everything is shit. Maybe at that point it will be balanced, but everything will be boring as fuck to play aswell.

You on the other hand seem to be unreasonable, if your way to argue is to avoid the matter at hand and instead bash me personally for what im arguing for without knowing my reasons and for simply having a different opinion.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 12:06:42 am by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2015, 12:27:12 am »
+1

What, I haven't shittalked the current state of the mod at all, nor am I very active on the forums. I think that apart from low population the design of the mod is pretty good, I just don't want to spend much time playing games anymore, which means I don't want to play cRPG as for the last 4 years 80-90% of my gaming time has been spent playing cRPG.

(click to show/hide)
This is a dumb argument as it ignores the effects of having a very skill based game and a very concentrated community. I illustrated it with a Counter-Strike example before and quoted it below. Also, equating player numbers with mod quality is stupid as player numbers have been steadily decreasing ever since early 2012, even through periods when balance was left largely untouched.

Imagine Counter-Strike having a single server on which everybody would play, surely the fact that the top 5% can utterly destroy anyone who just starts playing would affect it's attractiveness to more casually oriented newcomers. Surely the community on this server would condense into a very small and highly skilled group with little fresh blood. If these players get bored after 2000-4000 hours, wouldn't you say the game died of old age for them, instead of the latest patch which changed the recoil pattern of the 4th bullet of the AK slightly? Of course some of these old players will blame this change as the reason for them quitting, but they have suffered through worse design in periods before with a smile on their face, because they were less bored. However, if Counter-Strike would have other servers with mechanics that make them unattractive for the top players, then the game would continue to refresh its stock and offer a place for new players to learn the game at their own enjoyable pace.
This is at the very least a important part of what happened to cRPG. High average skill level (and grind) ensured that few new players stuck around and the old players extracted everything they could out of the complex combat system for many, many hours, but eventually even they stopped playing due to getting tired of having to abuse shit to even hit someone or entering a new phase of their lives with less available time. I played this mod very actively from dec 2010 until the start of 2014 and I'd say that on average the mod has become mechanically more sound, allowed more freedom and more utility over time, yet it became consistently less fun, because people kept getting better and better at the game.

The fact that a significant percentage of cRPG players has gone well above a 1000 hours in this mod is quite exceptional. I don't know what the situation of the Diablo 2 community is, but you might want to consider that as utterly exceptional, aside from realizing that cRPG is an extreme niche mod for an extreme niche game which probably never surpassed 5000 unique logins a month.

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2015, 01:06:43 am »

you guys seem to blame us, for not playing the game. wtf?
you fanboys, seriously need to get better arguments than blah blah QQ more.

I think he has a point, although Leshma and Teeth are not the best examples for forum heroes who waste their life shittalking the mod. Leshma doesn't agree with some decisions the devs made; maybe she will contribute items or maps at some point, since she already mentioned she has something in mind. Teeth actually provides constructive feedback in my opinion. Leshma is definitely active in game, following the server rules and as such, a player worth to protect from modder's perspective. Not sure if Teeth is currently playing, but he isn't shittalking as if the devs owed us anything after entertaining us for 4 years+ without asking for anything, themselves. Listening to constructive feedback is worth the time and effort it takes.

But there are severe cases in this community who say they don't want to play this mod ever again, yet linger around in the forum all day, intentionally or accidentally ruining the fun of other players saying everything is bad, broken, unplayable and whatnot. If you decide to quit, quit for real. No point in terrorizing a forum when you decided to sever the bond between you and the game with its community in the first place. If every fifth student who got bored at school decided to run amok after quitting or graduating, schools would look like this forum today.

lombardsoup said the mod and the forum are basically 4chan with swords. I think it's somewhat comparable to 4chan with swords, although the arbitrary bullshit here tends to be less entertaining on average. Still, if this comparison holds at least in some way, make sure you don't forget it's 4chan with swords. If you aren't interested in swords anymore, you might want to consider looking for something else. People change over time, and so do you.

If you are currently inactive because you think certain features need to be improved or added, it is best to do it yourself and contribute. Of course, not everybody has time because of job, education, family and whatnot, or rather because they don't manage to combine everything in a condensed time management schedule. But if you don't have (or take) time to make anything, it's likely you can't afford to spend the time to demand feature X and item Y either and remind us on every occasion in every thread after 10 PMs about the same request. In the way players can contribute to cRPG, this mod is extremely accessible. Yes, there are some boundaries of entry, since you won't stand out of the crowd if you don't deliver results before talking changes. But even if you aren't skilled at technical stuff, you can initiate changes to happen by motivating other people and bundling their results, which is exactly what I am doing, while trying to pick up their skills on the way to an enhanced version of cRPG.

Just like I opened the item workshop without any clue on how to make and add items to the game, one of you can open a mapper's booth, look for skilled scene editors, provide inspirations, present results and take over the communication between your team and the devs. Anyone can enter cRPG's IRC, so you can use existing structures without worrying too much about creating things yourself.

Raylin's profile says
It is when making anything that we become anyone.
and he is absolutely right. Whatever it is that you want, start doing things rather than talking about them. Even if you have zero skills, if you wish for it enough, you will attract opportunities, people and skill by trial and error.
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2015, 01:24:44 am »
Leshma doesn't agree with some decisions the devs made; maybe she will contribute items or maps at some point, since she already mentioned she has something in mind.

She  :oops: You wish. Good times though, when things were uncertain.

Also people lingering around hating on the mod and calling out things that are supposedly OP or UP are actually increasing my gameplay activity a LOT. Everytime i see someone call something out as op or up i respecc my alt to see if its actually true, and that can keep me going for many hours.

Lombard can suck my nipples tho, he's like a worse version of xant, and i thought that was impossible to find. I guess this forum attracts them...
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Rico

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2015, 01:28:21 am »
She  :oops: You wish. Good times though, when things were uncertain.
I am addressing people based on the gender they indicate in their profile. If people prefer to indicate the opposite sex, why not do them the favor and treat them as such?

Also people lingering around hating on the mod and calling out things that are supposedly OP or UP are actually increasing my gameplay activity a LOT. Everytime i see someone call something out as op or up i respecc my alt to see if its actually true, and that can keep me going for many hours.
You are special :D
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2015, 02:54:01 am »
+1
Today I saw a horse archer.

A fucking horse archer.

Also it rained for 5 maps in a row.

EDIT: He also double spawned but I only have my kill messages on so I can't prove it.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 02:58:49 am by LordRichrich »

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2015, 01:38:49 pm »
+2
I am addressing people based on the gender they indicate in their profile. If people prefer to indicate the opposite sex, why not do them the favor and treat them as such?

Because we arent on tumblr.

The mod is more balanced than it has ever been. You may deny the old age of it as much as you want but it wont go away. People are not quitting because it sucks, Its old and tough to get in, looks like crap and a niche anyway.

Do you remember ladders, unreachable archers, archers pulling fucking greatswords out of their ass. Cavalry X2 times faster and more agile with better weapon angles, pikes going trough walls, Jump shoot never ending kite archers, fukcing 360 no scope stab animation. THAT FUCKING SUCKED . But the population was larger than ever then, because it was new and exciting.  Did you think 120 people servers would last forever with the reach crpg has?

People buy mount and blade, and if they want to play multiplayer they click multiplayer and play. only some of them install any mods and only some of those ever try crpg. And only some of those that try it stay for more than few days. Dude this is a niche mod for a niche old game...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 03:04:17 pm by Umbra »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1764
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2015, 02:52:56 pm »
Warband is still in Top20 multiplayer games on Steam at any given time, usually around 10th place. It isn't dead.

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2015, 03:04:48 pm »
Because we arent on tumblr.

The mod is more balanced than it has ever been. You may deny the old age of it as much as you want but it wont go away. People are not quitting because it sucks, Its old and tough to get in, looks like crap and a niche anyway.

Do you remember ladders, unreachable archers, archers pulling fucking greatswords out of their ass. Cavalry X2 times faster and more agile with better weapon angles, pikes going trough walls, Jump shoot never ending kite archers, fukcing 360 no scope stab animation. But the population was larger than ever then, because it was new and exciting.  Did you think 120 people servers would last forever with the reach crpg has?

People buy mount and blade, and if they want to play multiplayer they click multiplayer and play. only some of them install any mods and only some of those ever try crpg. And only some of those that try it stay for more than few days. Dude this is a niche mod for a niche old game...

Offline Rico

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2015, 03:06:39 pm »
+1
Should be obvious that cRPG needs a marketing campaign. Gonna work on one as soon as I got my new PC.