Author Topic: Keybinds reset  (Read 506 times)

Offline Bleevoe

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Keybinds reset
« on: January 18, 2015, 04:38:48 pm »
My keybinds often reset to the default ones. It seems like it happens when I change to the vanilla Warband module, but I haven't really confirmed that's the case (rebinding is such a hassle).

Is there some way to prevent this? Is there at least some config file I can save and overwrite whenever it happens, rather than having to rebind?

Offline Bleevoe

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Keybinds reset
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 10:07:03 am »
I have been doing some experiments with three modules: Native, Napoleonic Wars, and CRPG. Whenever I change the default keybinds in CRPG my binds in Native and NW are reset to the default ones. Whenever I change my binds in Native or NW, this change propagates to NW or Native, and resets the binds in CRPG to the default ones. So, Native and NW share binds, whereas CRPG has its own set of binds, and only one of the two sets can be the non-default one at any time.

Has anyone experienced the same, or something to the contrary? Does anyone have any idea what can be done about it? I tried to locate the file where the binds are saved by looking at timestamps, so that I could make life slightly easier by replacing that file whenever I want to change module, rather than rebind everything manually. But I could not find it.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 03:02:41 pm »
Do you run cRPG with cRPGLauncher.exe or with Steam Warband? You should run it with cRPGLauncher.exe.

Offline Bleevoe

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 08:06:12 pm »
The launcher. I don't get the warning on startup that you get when not using the launcher.

However, I do get a warning whenever I join a server that I should use the latest version of WSE2. I had always assumed that you get this warning regardless of whether you have the latest version, but does it actually indicate that something is wrong?

Offline matt2507

• King
  • Renown: 1013
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • It is when making anything that we become anyone.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Raylin The_Village_Idiot Mohamed_Ali
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 06:38:24 pm »
Tick "WSE2 beta" on the launcher.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

No donkeys were harmed in the making of this gif.

Offline Bleevoe

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 07:24:42 pm »
Thanks, the new WSE resolved the issue with the new keybind system.