Author Topic: February patch preview, input appreciated  (Read 27894 times)

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 273
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knightmare_
Re: February patch preview, input appreciated
« Reply #330 on: February 15, 2015, 06:44:13 pm »
+3
launch this patch dammit! Monthly patchs can keep this shit alive.

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 15, 2015, 07:21:02 pm »
+1
launch this patch dammit! Monthly patchs can keep this shit alive.

i think the damage had been done. you'd have to reset strat, revert a shit ton of tydouche fuck ups ( wpf, 1h stabs\swings, agi, end the 18-27 meta game ), restart strat, and revert this BS high lvl bullshit.

any of that happening in the next patch? nope.

strat is really the only brilliant thing this mod has done, the rest is all minor meager tweaks, most of which shouldnt have be done. the further away it got from being a warband mod, with native mechanics and persistent lvling, to a complexly different "superior" version of warband with better swings and better animations blah blah...u tried "improving" the game so much u fucked with the engine and broke the goddamn game.

idk if monthly patches are a good idea here...every patch seems to make more and more people go...and after the last patch, plenty of us NAers havent playing in months. they need to stop "improving" the game, and man up\ realize they fucked up...and try to fix the damage done by all these "improvements"

plz go back to your roots, i dont want a "better version of warband". i want warband with persistent lvling, and a online campaign. you fucks cant make a better warband, you can make warband more fun by adding strat and lvling.
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #332 on: February 15, 2015, 07:40:59 pm »
+1
I dunno, I don't think they've really "broken the game". The "18/27 metagame" is only really a thing if you can't block for shit, otherwise any build is still fairly viable. I've always and still always run basically strength builds and I've actually been performing better recently but I bet you would argue thats because "all the good players have quit playing". Reverting everything to how it was pre-Patch of Destiny isn't going to bring more players because we actually have MORE active players right now than before it. We had around 15 on at prime time before, now we are getting like 25-30 players. And I don't see how resetting strat would make it not dead. It would just be the same few people playing except now they've lost everything they own. If new players want to get into strat right now, it would be pretty easy to get on and grab a fief considering half the map is either AFK or owned by 20ish people. But what do I know.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2024
  • Infamy: 381
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 15, 2015, 08:05:58 pm »
+1
Builds are viable, yes. But it sucks when you see a total douche who can't do shit with any other build until he respec to 15/30 Miaodao bullshit build. Half of players on EU servers have high ping (50 and higher) and fighting against them leads to phasing through bodies, shields, blocks etc. Just spam, spam and spam and pray that crappy servers will grant you hits.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #334 on: February 15, 2015, 09:30:59 pm »
+2
Builds are viable, yes. But it sucks when you see a total douche who can't do shit with any other build until he respec to 15/30 Miaodao bullshit build. Half of players on EU servers have high ping (50 and higher) and fighting against them leads to phasing through bodies, shields, blocks etc. Just spam, spam and spam and pray that crappy servers will grant you hits.

How is that any different from a ranged player sucking at melee so he keeps only playing ranged builds etc? Some players are just better at certain builds.  Most players i see on eu are around 30-50 ping and that is more than enough to fight anything, blaming ping is a bad excuse if you are below 100. ArtemRUS seems to be doing well with his 160 ping and he's not complaining.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
« Reply #335 on: February 15, 2015, 09:51:06 pm »
+2
Increase loom bonuses for peasant shit, im getting rekt.

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
« Reply #336 on: February 15, 2015, 10:13:37 pm »
+2
yeah why does light armor get even less loom bonus? it should be more :|
adding protection  through a generation is easier with light armor than heavy armor
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #337 on: February 15, 2015, 10:50:33 pm »
+1
On a scale of 1 to 10, they said the fire damage was a 1. Only a bit of cleanup is needed, but the minimum time is pretty high because of the terribly cold weather and the fact that it started in the attic and the ceiling had to be torn down to get up there. Overall, it's only a minor setback since nothing was damaged that I was very attached to.

yeah why does light armor get even less loom bonus? it should be more :|
adding protection  through a generation is easier with light armor than heavy armor

All armor gets +1, so it's the same as before.

Increase loom bonuses for peasant shit, im getting rekt.

Sure, but the loom bonus is already good. Just buffed a few of them instead.

I think medium armor is the dominant choice compared to heavy/light armor since medium armor have no weaknesses while stats compensate for everything else. Light armor decreasing weight mostly allows ranged to wear a better variety of armor. Heavy armor with higher defense when loomed helps with having a better armor:weight ratio compared to medium armor. The weight increase helps offset how armor scales between the gear at the transition of the loom gap to plate. It also spices up looms imo, though not everyone will like it.

Many other items were changed to aid hybridization. Hybridization failed to stop people who wanted to play kiting ranged builds when 0 slots were first introduced and buffed, but I think it's still a good idea to keep hybrids strong and instead increase defensive options against those exploitative tactics.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 10:54:11 pm by San »

Offline Akronus97

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kreus, Etard_without_R, Did_I_hear_PARTEY
« Reply #338 on: February 15, 2015, 11:34:01 pm »
+2
I think the most important feature would still be increasing difficulty for all armors. That has been probably said so often, just said it once again :)
"There are no spams, just missed blocks" - Makelele 2014

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 966
  • Infamy: 1135
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 16, 2015, 01:08:28 am »
How is that any different from a ranged player sucking at melee so he keeps only playing ranged builds etc? Some players are just better at certain builds.  Most players i see on eu are around 30-50 ping and that is more than enough to fight anything, blaming ping is a bad excuse if you are below 100. ArtemRUS seems to be doing well with his 160 ping and he's not complaining.

I'm complaining of them lagging through me and teamhiting me all the time. ArtemRUS is doing fine because he synced his moves with his ping, he actually executes commands before he should based on what he see on his screen because that is the only way he can play. Took him nearly two years to become good at it. That is what most eastern Russians do. For them game isn't instantaneous and they have to adapt to it. But sometimes that can trick you if server decided to have a burp and they'll hit you before you expect it.

Truly good players are good with every build game can offers, maybe not on the same level but that is matter of training nothing more. And you know that very well. Archers who run away from danger after dropping the bow and melee weapon isn't them sucking at melee, it is their mentality as people. Some have no chance in melee but still fight as Hirlok who is playing on EU servers from Paraguay with 300+ ping.

Edit: Do you know players Xpyct and Kurt_Frankenberg? They don't suck, they just like to troll people around them. It is their mentality, the only way they can have fun. Like Krems.

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #340 on: February 16, 2015, 02:35:55 am »
+3
I've been playing on EU a bunch recently since I'm a no life and stay up till 4am and NA is dead then and even with 150ish ping I can block/chamber on that server. If you can't block with 30-50 ping you're pretty bad.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #341 on: February 16, 2015, 02:46:52 am »
well
not really 70+ ping is just bad, and i know what i am talking about way to good

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #342 on: February 16, 2015, 08:47:54 pm »
well
not really 70+ ping is just bad, and i know what i am talking about way to good

Do you though, do you really?
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #343 on: February 16, 2015, 10:45:19 pm »
Do you though, do you really?
yep
bad cuz ping 2011

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #344 on: February 17, 2015, 05:32:10 am »
Swinging polearms on horseback has been sped up.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 06:03:10 am by San »