Author Topic: Satiric newspaper attacked in France  (Read 20389 times)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Re: Satiric newspaper attacked in France
« Reply #135 on: January 08, 2015, 03:16:17 am »
So? Same shit would happen in UK, right?

Bobbies can't carry firearms. At least that's how it was when I last heard about it

About the driving in part, well that is weird, maybe they heard a distress call and came to check without thinking it over or something.
There is probably an explanation why they went in unarmed.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 03:20:38 am by Christo »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 08, 2015, 03:56:08 am »
+1
I challenge any society to stop this from 'continuing to happen' without instituting hilariously similar values to these despicable terrorists and making life worse for all concerned. What's your solution? Kill them all? Outlaw certain religious beliefs? I'm pretty sure most people see fanatic muslims as a danger, the same way any fanatic is a danger. It doesnt stop these things from happening though, or are we not acting scared and intolerant enough? Perhaps if we all talk more about how dangerous they are they'll stop?

I'm not media, i'm not PC and i'm certainly not afraid of causing offence, maybe just maybe it's possible that some people arent jumping on the 'i hate islam' bandwagon not because they're trying to be PC but because they honestly think that's a stupid reaction. Targeting islam because there are islamic extremists is as stupid as the notion of beating up or deporting all catholics, or all Irish people just because of the IRA bombings in the UK.
Oh stopping this would be simple. Outlaw and belittle all forms of organized religion. If we are smart enough to figure out that Zeus and Thor do not exist, why do we still believe in these Abrahamic desert myths? The only reason any part of the world is backwards and underdeveloped is because of religion and shamanistic bullshit.

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 08, 2015, 04:32:32 am »

And no, I don't care if I get gunned down for making fun of 8th century Muslim throwbacks

THEY DESERVE IT.  I urge satirists to continue poking fun at this murderous religion.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 04:38:41 am by lombardsoup »

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #138 on: January 08, 2015, 06:57:21 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)

They want people to hate on muslims, that's the sole purpose of this kind of terror. They want to make more segregation, more separation between french and muslims. More souls to go die for IS in stead of having a successful life. Radicalization on both sides. So people like Panos actually fits perfectly in their plan. Right wingers need muslims and radical muslims need them. And the general racism in society. I do agree that it's an exceptionally trashy and probably brainwashing religion though. Praying 5 times a day can't be good for staying cool and objective.

What's the deal about greek right wing anyway Panos? Blaming your misery on immigrants and turks? A need to invent a new greek masculinity? :D When fact is you are just greek. Lazy and corruptible. I mean, sure 2000 years ago you were awesome, but something got lost on the way..

Anyway what's pretty clear is that most people need someone to look down on and often blame to feel better about ourselves. This mechanism is abused by how Islam is practiced as well as in Nationalistic movements.

"It's not you who suck, it's the game thats rigged. Join our cause for justice!"

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #139 on: January 08, 2015, 07:45:25 am »
Oh stopping this would be simple. Outlaw and belittle all forms of organized religion. If we are smart enough to figure out that Zeus and Thor do not exist, why do we still believe in these Abrahamic desert myths? The only reason any part of the world is backwards and underdeveloped is because of religion and shamanistic bullshit.
Except the politician that did that would never be elected again, and that's what most of modern politics is about (the other part being enriching oneself at cost to the taxpayer). At least in Spain, where the church is still a large quite powerful organisation.

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 08, 2015, 08:00:44 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)

They want people to hate on muslims, that's the sole purpose of this kind of terror. They want to make more segregation, more separation between french and muslims. More souls to go die for IS in stead of having a successful life. Radicalization on both sides. So people like Panos actually fits perfectly in their plan. Right wingers need muslims and radical muslims need them. And the general racism in society. I do agree that it's an exceptionally trashy and probably brainwashing religion though. Praying 5 times a day can't be good for staying cool and objective.

What's the deal about greek right wing anyway Panos? Blaming your misery on immigrants and turks? A need to invent a new greek masculinity? :D When fact is you are just greek. Lazy and corruptible. I mean, sure 2000 years ago you were awesome, but something got lost on the way..

Anyway what's pretty clear is that most people need someone to look down on and often blame to feel better about ourselves. This mechanism is abused by how Islam is practiced as well as in Nationalistic movements.

I'm sorry but when someone starts screaming ALLAHU AKBAR THE PROPHET IS AVENGED and starts killing people who draw satirical art about Islam, said religion is suspect.

Oh, and thread needs more humor:

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #141 on: January 08, 2015, 09:15:59 am »
+3
(click to show/hide)

Offline FleetFox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 711
  • Infamy: 72
  • Fox Shox Rox
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norse_Torr and FleetFox
« Reply #142 on: January 08, 2015, 09:29:08 am »
For those of you who don't know, the reason nationalism is on the rise is because of Austerity economics and the way the EU was created to benefit the Northern European countries (mostly France and Germany) and not the southern (simplified greatly but still true). I dont like it when people start preaching that spain, Greece etc are all lazy and corruptible Thomek, that's borderline racist and fits perfectly with the neo liberal dogma ofc.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 09:40:54 am by FleetFox »
"Its better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
― Emiliano Zapata

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 08, 2015, 09:52:34 am »
The writing is on the wall (or rather it was shouted by the murderers), yet people still call this workplace violence/lone wolves/etc

« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 09:57:50 am by lombardsoup »

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #144 on: January 08, 2015, 10:55:06 am »
+1
-rent a car on false name
-buy mask
-commit a crime
-left ur id
 sounds legit

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #145 on: January 08, 2015, 11:10:04 am »
+3

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 08, 2015, 11:12:48 am »
-rent a car on false name
-buy mask
-commit a crime
-left ur id
 sounds legit
Well, they're obviously not very smart.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline pepejul

• Master-At-Arms
  • King
  • Renown: 1611
  • Infamy: 495
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • PEPE INSIDE
    • View Profile
    • http://alkislarlayasiyorum.com/icerik/60166/pepee-pepee-cok-uzuluyor
  • Faction: Pecores / Krems / hobo in the heart forever
  • Game nicks: something with PEPE inside
  • IRC nick: Pepejul
« Reply #147 on: January 08, 2015, 11:14:06 am »
Id was into clothes into the car..you can see a shoe falling from car...maybe ID fall with it ?
I LOVE YOU, ADMINS !

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 08, 2015, 11:53:31 am »

Inb4 Raynald of Châtillon head chopped off gif

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 08, 2015, 12:02:25 pm »
Well, they're obviously not very smart.
I know this seems a bit odd coming from me, but could be a set-up. Imagine if the french police were unable to catch them. They have to get SOMEONE on that stand. The public would go apeshit and direct their anger at the police, if they appeared incompetent. A ID falling out of a criminals pocket seems way too convinent to me. Still, there are dangerous criminals with all kinds of level of stupidity. So yea...