Author Topic: Thoughts about "mod is dying and keeping it alive"  (Read 10043 times)

Offline Sir_Firebus

• Count
  • Renown: 264
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC-BRD, Unicern, Narwhals, Cavaliers.
  • Game nicks: firebus Cavaliers_SwagBus Suberif Juggernot
  • IRC nick: firebus
Re: Thoughts about "mod is dying and keeping it alive"
« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2015, 10:48:41 pm »
LoL > cRPG
BRD BRD BRD, BRD is the word!

When you lose a duel you are improving; when you win a duel you are measuring your improvement.

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2015, 10:49:23 pm »

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2015, 10:55:12 pm »
Yes, it is.

M never used a 2h in clan matches. He used a 1h, shield, spear and/or throwing, same as the rest of us.

fair nuff. never actually seen m fight in clan matches, heard he was awful at it, all i heard was all he knew how to do was get people to one side and duel them. in CoR, and einjerhar we used 2h pretty frequently, and whilst a lot of the kills are ranged and cav, a lot aren't.

back in the day when i used to be a massive duel nerd i know i used to get a significant amount of my kills duelling with war spears etc.

infantry makes up usually ~~ 50%ish of a team in a comp game, and i don't think i'd at all be going out on a limb here to say that at least 1/3 of the kills are melee.
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2015, 11:52:32 pm »
You can easily compare cav stats. I only need shield width for shields.

Offline kwhy

• Earl
  • Renown: 302
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • trash
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ted_the_garbage_man, missANGY, missBENDaKNEE, missAGAIN, Moove, Fallback, LLpewJ, Lets_ride_bikes
« Reply #109 on: January 13, 2015, 02:01:45 am »
+7
On shit servers 2h/pole with no shield might work, but in anything competitive you'll not see anything but the occasional lolhammer and pike (which is only acquired by the rhodok infantry). Almost all the kills in native pro play are made by bolts, arrows, throwing weapons and cav. Don't see how native is supposed to be better balanced.

I personally like c-rpg more just because there is a diverse range of weapons and play styles on the battlefield usually. 

Native Battle on the public servers typically consists of having to try and hide and kill the archers first and then dealing with cav afterwords.  If you don't carry a shield in Native your screwed because the range reload times are ridiculous.  If you like shield play, cav, and range...play native IMO.  I find it pretty boring except playing on the tdm and dm GK servers just screwing around.

ps: oh yeah and those of you complaining about how crap the c-rpg community is.  drop in on any of the Native servers especially the battle servers and see how un friendly peeps are on there.  I don't know anything about this *competive native* scene in NA tho if it even exists.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 02:41:39 am by kwhy »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2015, 03:02:28 am »
ps: oh yeah and those of you complaining about how crap the c-rpg community is.  drop in on any of the Native servers especially the battle servers and see how un friendly peeps are on there.

^ This.

Try to play in a native duel server and you'll get instantly ban polled for "obvious hacks."  :rolleyes:

(click to show/hide)

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2015, 04:51:48 am »
^ This.

Try to play in a native duel server and you'll get instantly ban polled for "obvious hacks."  :rolleyes:

(click to show/hide)

lol the endless polls.  Kicked on a native server today for innocent trash talk (calling someone gay, oh noes).

You want something positive about this mod?  Its that admins were typically lenient about behavior.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2015, 02:59:59 pm »
+1
^ This.

(click to show/hide)

^well, that's just a lie, i played on the ludus this week several times and never saw anything but people playing duels :/ ... there were some people quite a bit better than me there as well so i certainly wasn't getting ban polled lol!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Akronus97

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kreus, Etard_without_R, Did_I_hear_PARTEY
« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2015, 03:21:42 pm »
  Kicked on a native server today for innocent trash talk (calling someone gay, oh noes).

I was even banned for saying "I am gay" :(

But seriously, it never happened to me that I saw someone starting ban polls because of hacks. On what native duel servers do you usually go? I am always on the ludus (if I ever play because crpg is just more fun to me than native although I still like it)
"There are no spams, just missed blocks" - Makelele 2014

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2015, 03:29:52 pm »
I was even banned for saying "I am gay" :(

But seriously, it never happened to me that I saw someone starting ban polls because of hacks. On what native duel servers do you usually go? I am always on the ludus (if I ever play because crpg is just more fun to me than native although I still like it)

I'm not very good at dueling/this game in general so I just stick to neoGK siege and tdm.  Would laugh hysterically if I got banned on Native for hacking when I was consistently one of the lowest skilled players in cRPG

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2015, 04:08:16 pm »
+1
Someone said something similar, and it's so fucking true : cRPG is a battle of heroes, both equipment and general skill, while native is a massive battle of cannon fooders wearing rags. There's a difference indeed.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2015, 04:19:32 pm »
+2
#CircleJerk

"We the cRPG players are so much better than everyone else ololololo"

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #117 on: January 13, 2015, 04:21:33 pm »
+3
#CircleJerk

"We the cRPG players are so much better than everyone else ololololo"

Go back to skyrim scrub
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #118 on: January 13, 2015, 10:46:50 pm »
Nah, I wouldn't start lying just to bash native players. It was relatively low-pop, only 9-10 people on at the time, and frankly no one was all that skilled. I've dueled skilled native players in the past, but there just weren't any on at that time. This happened on GK_Duel, for those of you asking, and it's an NA server.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 657
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 13, 2015, 11:05:42 pm »
+4
Main difference between good native servers and cRPG is no lag in native. You really have no ground to speak highly of cRPG until developers decide to FIX the mod which is BROKEN atm.