Author Topic: World of Warships  (Read 11542 times)

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
Re: World of Warships
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2015, 09:06:15 pm »
They ARE going to wipe progress eventually, right?

Don't feel like investing much time because of that

oh really? is that so?  I figured with it being open beta, open to the public that it wouldnt have needed to be wiped.  But if they compensate me with a nice beta ship then all is well lol.

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2015, 11:59:16 pm »
This game is great! Only thing missing right now is a freaking HORN so you can warn your teammate they are about to ram you.  :mrgreen:

I'm playing Japanese only, I'm at tier 4 on BB, CL and DD mostly full upgraded except my Myogi.

I prefer playing DD overall, mobility and torpedo is great :) My best game was with the Isokaze, we lost but I made 4 kill out of 6 total kill we did.  8-)

BB are really hard to play. You need to be super precise since you got low number of shots and very slow reload.

Strangely I had more fun with my un-upgraded Kawachi then my Myogi. They totally play different.

Kawachi is go full speed ahead near the middle of the map gun blazing. That's the only way to have success with these short range gun and very slow speed.

You mostly never want to turn anyway, going straight for the enemy team help a lot actually. Help taking less torpedoes, taking less penetrating hits and anyway you got guns on both side.

It's a Brawler kind of BB, complete opposite of the Myogi which is more like a Sniper.

Myogi worst weak spot is the turret configuration and very very slow turret rotation. The 2 back turret cannot rotate 360, so if they are shooting ahead starboard and then suddenly you need to switch to ahead port side you're fuck...

So to counter that I try to always pick one side of the map and circle around to always keep my gun pointing the same side.

Thought after some testing, I found that either your teammate murder pretty much everyone before you reach them or they all die before you can even shoot someone and then you're a sitting duck.  :rolleyes:

A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2015, 02:34:02 am »
oh really? is that so?  I figured with it being open beta, open to the public that it wouldnt have needed to be wiped.  But if they compensate me with a nice beta ship then all is well lol.

Well, I'm basing this on World of Tanks, even though you got a 'rare' sherman tank if you played 3000 or 5000 battles or something, everything was reset.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2015, 02:42:12 am »
I wouldn't care cos on full release i hope they will have royal navy.
Turtles

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2015, 09:04:20 am »
I wouldn't care cos on full release i hope they will have royal navy.

Ships gonna smell of Fish and Chips

Offline Kalitorian

• Count
  • Renown: 164
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: Kalitorian, Lerikalian, Torilerian
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2015, 06:30:47 pm »
I was under the impression that they are NOT going to wipe the progress again... but I`m not 100% sure about that. If I remember correctly it was something along the lines of "we will only reset if something goes really2wrong".

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2015, 06:55:50 pm »
well after constant battleship games, of which ive lost practically lost all of them, im just going to conclude that the battleships are just garbage, and here is why.

-Mobility, they have none, whatsoever, torp bait galore
-no speed, all your pub idiots leave you to die from planes.  You end up chasing your cruisers for their AA support, and it does nothing.
-AA, what AA
-The most Inaccurate guns, i dont understand how with 6 batteries, you essentially throw a ring of shells around a ship that is 2.5km from you.  How do dual cannons fire in opposite directions like a man with eye problems
-long reload times, 30 seconds to fire, and you miss all the shells, and then wait as your ship burns and floods

I just dont understand what redeeming qualities these ships possess, high hit points? no, some cruisers have nearly the same health.  Large caliber guns?  sure, high damage, if you can hit them, ever, when you do its nice, but you could have just used a cruiser and shot them a dozen times and did the same thing.  Maybe i shouldnt judge them by the low tiers, but if these are what represents the battleship lines for the rest of the game, then i see no point in playing anything other then DD's and cruisers.  Now my opinion comes from playing the Kawachi, and now the Myogi, which seem to have completely different play styles and ship setups.  Some people in game said to try out the American line, and claimed it was better.  idk, i guess we will see, i just dont like where the battleships stand, they just seem like floating targets.

idk, maybe i just am better suited for cruisers, maybe im a cruiser player, but that Tenryu man, i have sunk multiple ships with that thing, and  it just performs so well.

Now on to the AA, why the hell is it so bad, i was surrounded by cruisers, and a two torp plane squadrons just came in and bombed me out of the center of them and flew away unscathed, literally no damage done.  The AA just seems to be shit, maybe it was because they were tier 7 carriers, but man, they didnt take any damage.  The ship AA just seems useless.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2015, 09:56:40 pm »
I wouldn't say they are garbage just that at a low tier they are definitely weaker, I am assuming that as the tiers increase they will become noticeably stronger. In the mean time you are probably better playing cruiser as its much easier to control, is more versatile and is less of a target for enemies.

With regards to the AA it is almost insignificant, unless you have good air cover you cant do much about the enemy bombers.  Speaking from my CV point of view BB's do nothing to my planes and so unless they communicate well with their friendly air support they have little chance of dealing with the attacks.
Turtles

Offline Kalitorian

• Count
  • Renown: 164
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: Kalitorian, Lerikalian, Torilerian
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2015, 05:49:26 am »
Most low tier BBs just suck. Also I hope your not one of those unfortunate souls doomed to play the Myogi.... this piece of shit came straight from hell.
Wyoming is "alright". It`s nice once the enemy gets close to you - just not too close. Got full-hp torped by a Clemson two games in a row  :rolleyes:
AA is pretty much useless on low-tier BB. Just start turning as soon as you spot trop-bombers.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2015, 12:39:26 pm »
Fucking Wyoming, what is the point of having a range of 14 km if the guns can't hit the far side of a barn. With 30 second reload times it is pretty aggravating to have 5/6th of your shots miss purely due to gun spread. No way to reliable go for citadel hits. The South Carolina felt way easier to play with higher accuracy. Takes me back to my St. Louis days with which I would reliably lob hit after hit on decks at 9 km distance.

Offline NejStark

• Marshall
  • Renown: 918
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
    • Personal wesbite
  • Game nicks: GK_NejStark, Anything with "Nej" in it.
  • IRC nick: itsnej
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2015, 05:23:39 pm »
Man I love the St Louis. That many guns can't not be fun.
"A man on the steppe with no friends is as narrow as a finger; a man with friends is as wide as the steppe"

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2015, 05:34:44 pm »
I liked the St Louis... till i got the Phoenix and learnt to play that. So many citadel pens, mmmmmm... :)

Offline Andswaru

• Duke
  • Renown: 554
  • Infamy: 130
  • SeaRaider_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Andswaru
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2015, 05:57:26 pm »
+1
Smooth is the admin NA deserves. Not being that much better, EU deserves Thomek.
[18:25] <@chadz> soon(tm)

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2015, 08:37:47 am »
+1
Ships>Tanks  8-)
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2015, 01:13:08 pm »
How many guns does your tank have, how many torpedos, how many planes?

Turtles