Author Topic: War in the North  (Read 7295 times)

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: War in the North
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2014, 11:19:05 pm »
+3
Bragging about 300 kills... bitch made.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(click to show/hide)

P.S. Thalion, when will I be incorporated into your Calradian fantasy novel rp?

when you do something worth writing about

BURN
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2014, 11:24:31 pm »
+3
(click to show/hide)

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2014, 11:26:04 pm »
+1
+100 for shitposts.  -100 for attacking boxing day.  I have 3 minutes before I start my next binge of eating and drinking.  Good luck with this battle, I hope I don't lose my strongest army, and have fun all you people that are so sad you have nothing better to do on a boxing day.

Offline poonerplox2

• Knight
  • Renown: 60
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • Fat Stacks and Super Pacs
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blue, nhootiewhoo
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2014, 12:56:25 am »
+1
Blue, you have just earned the badge of best SHITLORD NA. Attacking me on Christmas day you punk!? Just as I am about to sit down to a succulent meal I prepared for myself consisting of roasted pork tenderloin, cooked on a bed of onions and carrots, spanish cheese, italian panforte, and french cognac. You bloody scrub, I will shrivel your hide and paint on it a warning to other shit lords.   I hope you are reborn as a maggot in a piece of rotting turnip in a pigs stye, you base-born, reeky, onion-eyed, shite-brained... etc etc etc... you horrible person. You better blame Bryggan for this, I had thought better of you old chap. 

Wut you say M8?!
Though the shit talking was on point there, and I will gladly take shitlord of the NA world, there is an explanation for the attack. Apparently there was a secret treaty between you and Bryggan which stopped attacks during the non denominational winter holiday season. I heard no news of it till today. Oh well, People need to keep their neck beard strong after all the food they have been eating.
PS: sorry about the miss communication people.

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2014, 04:15:20 am »
+1
when you do something worth writing about

BURN
So when you do something worth writing about, is the same time Jona will be included.

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline Lethwin Far Seeker

• Earl
  • Renown: 363
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: The House of Tiercel
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2014, 07:50:40 pm »
+6
A few days prior...

Albus:  Hey Bryggan, I called my Nan about that scrying ritual you wanted done.

Bryggan:  OH yeah did she tell you what you needed?

Albus: Well she was dead, I think but I found her grave- or someone's grave.  Anyway after a bit of looking around I found some funny shaped bones and stuff.  So when I was coming back I passed through one of the few clover fields and I tripped over a dead sheep.  I don't want to go into detail but the bones are now stuffed inside of the dead sheep's stomach and I need a bath.

Bryggan:  Exemplary execution Ablus.  It all makes sense now! This is unfortunate though.

Albus:  Wha?

Bryggan:  Don't you see it?  You came back from clover and haggis!  The Noldork Lord has returned!  Thalion is both honorable and wise, he knows when and how to surrender with dignity to save lives.  If Finnian returns to the court of Mithrim then we will have to track down every enemy peasant in Calradia to vanquish the Wardens!  He can slay you even when he's dead!  Ask Jona about Player 2!  Have you ever played Age of Empires 2 against him???  Ask Thalion about the time he destroyed a lumber camp after loosing in a game.  Piss in my ear where's Blue?  Tell him to send every 2h my old friend to hunt him down!  He must be stopped!

Blue:  Eh Bryggan the majority of our warriors are 2hers...

Bryggan:  Then send the whole gatdang army!!!

The Lord of the Wardens of Mithrim stood before his Viceroy in the dimly lit chambers.  A strangely fashioned sword was in a worn scabbard on his belt.
(click to show/hide)

Thalion:  ...and now Jelbegi has fallen as well.  The Bonehirim would surely come to our aid but they are still fighting in the south.   I regret that you are welcomed back to Calradia by a deluge of plague and petty wars, but such are the way of things in this place.

Finnian:  Ismirala's fate must not be the same as Jelbegi's.  I encountered some of Bryggan's scouts along the road- they were hunting me, though they cast aside their task when death found them wandering on the narrow road of my sword's edge.  My return has not been as hidden as I had wished but be that as it may, with an army fielded and the both of us in this keep they will strike as soon as they are able.  It is a shame the Galloglaigh of Hibernia could not be mustered in the winter season... their axes would do well here.  We are well enough on our own though. The garrison here is strong and the armoury... or rather armouries... are literally over flowing... Thalion why- nay there are more pressing matters and all the more reason to defend this place.  I hate seeing good steel fall into enemy hands.  Calradia's seemingly unlimited supply of iron is a curse in disguise.  In Hibernia however... forgive me, my mind wanders often to there since my return.  The battle that lies ahead is paramount.  Ismirala is the keystone of the realm and if it falls Mithrim will be rent assunder.

Thalion: The walls will hold.  I have mustered every man of fighting age from here to Sargoth and your coming will bring hedge knights to us as well.  The walls will hold.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 09:01:16 pm by Lethwin Far Seeker »

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2014, 02:22:27 am »
+2
Bryggan:  Don't you see it?  You came back from clover and haggis!  The Noldork Lord has returned!  Thalion is both honorable and wise, he knows when and how to surrender with dignity to save lives.  If Finnian returns to the court of Mithrim then we will have to track down every enemy peasant in Calradia to vanquish the Wardens!  He can slay you even when he's dead!  Ask Jona about Player 2!  Have you ever played Age of Empires 2 against him???  Ask Thalion about the time he destroyed a lumber camp after loosing in a game.  Piss in my ear where's Blue?  Tell him to send every 2h my old friend to hunt him down!  He must be stopped!

Fuck that horse.

(click to show/hide)

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2014, 09:28:05 am »
+3
The plague:
(click to show/hide)

The Village:
(click to show/hide)

After the battle:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moonshine, Cruxton
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2014, 12:20:13 am »
+4
This thread has actually gotten me to come back to the forums at least.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2014, 03:43:38 am »
+1
The village fight was actually fun. And you should have heard how much people were laughing (and some slight groans) when jay capped the flags.

Curaw.. I joined in but had shit ping so I quit. Was sad because rosters were really good for that battle.

Offline Thalion_Menelvagor

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2014, 08:04:27 pm »
+6
For the last three days fever had kept the Viceroy of Mithrim confined to bed-rest.  It had been a long march home in the cold due to the harsh winter weather and by the time they had reached the castle after victory in the east against Albus, Thalion had been carried in on a litter. Now it seemed, that the fever's hold had broken the viceroy was able to stomach proper victuals once more. It was then that ill-news arrived from the west. A herald had arrived in the grey morning baring tidings that Roastam's forces had been overcome by a surprisingly stiff peasant resistance at Nova Rebache, meanwhile the first assault against the walls of Curaw.

Even worse there was rumor spreading of dark magic being employed by Bryggan's army. During the battle for Curaw, a siege tower had been pulled through the very rock and stone of the walls, as if they were made of water. Even worse though, while the timber of the siege tower passed through the walls without difficulty, any men who were on the tower were thrown off to their deaths, being unable to go through the stone. At least one of the surviors who had been fighting near the walls said that he heard strange chanting from the other side of the wall. Perhaps, it was this Pope Albus' revenge for being defeated in the east.  Perhaps he was not a Pope at all, but a dark magician of power and cunning.  Worse to moral than sorcery, however, were rumors. Already most of the surviving troops left from the Curaw siege had fled into the wild, leaving the Lord Warden to return only a few of his surviving household knights.

Thalion rose from his sick bed, putting on a thick fur robe and donning his slippers to save his feet from the cold stone of the castle floor. His legs felt weak after the fever that had sapped much of his strength, strength he would  have need of so soon. 

A few moments later there was a sharp knock on the door, Thalion guessed who it was. "Enter," he said patiently. An angry Lord Warden pushed his way into the room. 

"We could have had them!" he said smashing his fist down on the table, knocking over some of the pieces representing armies on the battle map. "They bewildered the minds of our warriors and cast aside our siege engines with dark magic! Besides that, they were fierce and well armed, I'd say they are all two handers to the man, blast their hides and curse their builds!"

"Much is risked in war, sometimes the price is heavy. We must learn from our own folly and the enemies cunning. Many who stand now in our ranks are new recruits, young warriors who have not fought in the great wars of old. It will take time for them to learn our warriorcraft." responded Thalion.

The Lord Warden merely nodded as he peered over the battle map and righted several of the pieces that had been knocked over.  "As you say, yet we cannot remain idle. Already the enemy has fresh field forces in the lands near Ismirala.  We cannot allow our territorial integrity to be so compromised, as such might be construed as a sign of weakness. The armory is in better operational order?"

Thalion sighed. "Yes.  I made sure everything has been consolidated and reordered. It won't be such a mess again."

"And Captain Thelix has made it back to Ismirala unaccosted?" Finnian asked, still musing over the battle-map.

"Yes, in addition other small forces have come up from the south." replied Thalion.

"Any sign of the Hounds?" asked Finnian.

"Not as yet," Thalion said somberly.  "The ways through Calradia are dangerous these days. Perhaps our messages have not yet reached them, or their messages to us have been delayed."

"We must send another round of messager raven's then" added Finnian. "Word must get through. This Bryggan must be stopped before he is allowed to gain too much momentum."

"There is that, and a matter of diplomacy. It seems that Bryggan is trying to broker a marriage alliance with the Starks of Calradia," said Thalion.

At this Finnian raised an eyebrow. "I'd guess you'd welcome such as thing, as it would mean and end to Not-So-Innocent-Virgin's attempts to marry you, Thalion."

"I would, indeed, if it were not for the fact that Bryggan is now her most ardent suitor.  Such an event is no doubt Bryggan's attempt to swing the balance of power more in his favor and rally the few remaining of Calradia's houses not completely destroyed by the plague."

"And your thoughts on the matter?" Finnian asked with a quizzical tone.

"We must play every card in our hand wisely, there is now no margins for error.  This war stands upon a swords edge, now more so than ever.  I wonder now, if the Gods do not laugh at us. Doomed people's fighting wars over doomed lands," said Thalion, who now turned his case out the window to watch fresh snow begin to fall from the skies.

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2015, 12:11:18 am »
+3
Thalion, you have just earned the badge of best SHITLORD NA. Attacking us on New Year's day you punk!? Just as I am about to sit down to a succulent meal I prepared for myself consisting of whiskey, on ice with just a splash of water, Belgian beer, Russian Vodka, and french cognac. You bloody scrub, I will shrivel your hide and paint on it a warning to other shit lords.   I hope you are reborn as a maggot in a piece of rotting turnip in a pigs stye, you base-born, reeky, onion-eyed, shite-brained... etc etc etc... you horrible person. You better blame Finnian for this, I had thought better of you old chap. 

So hungover :(

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2015, 01:57:39 am »
+3
Did I say I wasn't hung over?!?!?

I have been drinking cognac all day, while watching episodes of Outlander with my lady friend. Time for some battle scrub!

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2015, 07:02:57 pm »
+2
Watching Outlander, eh?  Well I guess that's what inspired you to fight so damn hard.  Very well fought, especially as we had almost twice the roster (for a change).  I believe we got a little over confident, and I continued to let my guys trickle in to be slaughtered.  To be honest, I had forgotten we were defending- its been quite awhile since we were not the attacker.  But everyone was having fun, so I wasn't too worried, and I knew that once we organized a good push we would win the battle at the end.

Now Sexy Fury is gonna punish me for my complacency... maybe.

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2015, 10:21:37 pm »
+3
(click to show/hide)

It was at the Stone of Scone where they made their final stand. Thalion's bonnie highland contingent. No one knew how many men in that company could play the bagpipes, until the piper was slain, and another man took up the pipes to play a merry war-tune, who was in turn swiftly taken by an arrow through the throat, only for the pipes to be taken up by another man, who not long after had his legs hewn off at the knee, only to have the pipes lifted up yet again by another man, who was stabbed in the ass by some pimple-faced Acre recruit, only to have the pipes picked up again by another man, and yet another, and yet another, until out numbered two to one one hundred to one all the company were overwhelmed and cut down by the merciless and vast Acre English hordes.