Author Topic: VKMR: Black Desert Online  (Read 21441 times)

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
Re: VKMR: Black Desert Online
« Reply #150 on: March 21, 2016, 07:13:20 pm »
Try and get your hands on a 7 day guest trial leesin.

Better you experience it yourself since opinions vary.

Offline TR_Ragnarok

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Fan-Site For SNSD
  • Faction: Astralis/SNSD/AznBoiClub
  • Game nicks: AsianBoyJesse_Astralis / SNSD_Sunny <3
  • IRC nick: AsianBoyJesse
« Reply #151 on: March 21, 2016, 10:29:18 pm »
Fishing is by no mean the best thing the game has to offer, Its just the easiest and one of the earliest mediums to earn money. The reason you see us talking about it so much is that by coincidence, a majority of us have fishing as our primary money maker. I would definitely give it try, it is unique MMO in a sense that it throws away a lot of typical mechanics from MMO out the window.  Which could be either a bad or a good thing depending on how you like to play.

Don't Stop lets take it back to one forty.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #152 on: March 23, 2016, 06:13:59 pm »
People are praising this game quit a lot so far, for being fun exploring and doing professions etc, basically you can play it and have fun even if you dont necessarily want to pve/pvp tons. Ive heard a lot of mixed opinions on late pvp, but content patches with balancing are on their way, which is sick. I think the game has great potential still, im closing in on 50, i got 30 mil stashed for either a +15 yuria longsword, or liverto if i can manage to get my hands on one.

Still have a good time doing basically anything but grinding, but i think i will do some more grinding on 50 if i feel like it, maybe get some pvp action see what its all about.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 23, 2016, 06:31:11 pm »
Apparently high end pvp is all about who has the higher level and better gear. There is a massive difference between someone who is lvl 50 and someone who is lvl 53. Same goes for gear, if you're +15 against someone who is +10 you're basically guaranteed a win. These differences become even more massive once the later korean content is released, where you can upgrade weapons to +20. Even a +1 or +2 difference after +15 is huge, and the grind to get it real. This translates to whoever put in more time to grind will win, and is ultimately why I decided to not purchase the game (well, I also haven't got much time to play it), I don't mind time-investement into a game being rewarded, but not this much.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #154 on: March 24, 2016, 02:06:07 am »
+1
http://imgur.com/a/FyNlG

Pimps only, about 40% yellows, always abundant, close to trade points etc. Dont share it too much though.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #155 on: March 24, 2016, 04:48:56 pm »
Apparently high end pvp is all about who has the higher level and better gear. There is a massive difference between someone who is lvl 50 and someone who is lvl 53. Same goes for gear, if you're +15 against someone who is +10 you're basically guaranteed a win. These differences become even more massive once the later korean content is released, where you can upgrade weapons to +20. Even a +1 or +2 difference after +15 is huge, and the grind to get it real. This translates to whoever put in more time to grind will win, and is ultimately why I decided to not purchase the game (well, I also haven't got much time to play it), I don't mind time-investement into a game being rewarded, but not this much.

I think this killed my will to even try this game lol. Figures though, my experience with Korean MMORPGs is that they usually seem to love the grind and whoever grinds the most is winner, will have to pass on this one. Levels should give advantage but it's cheesy as fuck when a few levels difference pretty much decides the fight. I think even though GW2 and ESO have a lot of flaws and issues, I had a lot of fun with both of those PvPing which is my main desire in any game.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 24, 2016, 06:09:27 pm »
I think this killed my will to even try this game lol. Figures though, my experience with Korean MMORPGs is that they usually seem to love the grind and whoever grinds the most is winner, will have to pass on this one. Levels should give advantage but it's cheesy as fuck when a few levels difference pretty much decides the fight. I think even though GW2 and ESO have a lot of flaws and issues, I had a lot of fun with both of those PvPing which is my main desire in any game.

There are other enjoyable parts to the game, it is sandbox after all, but most people do value the pvp highly for a game to be enjoyable so its understandable. So far they are trying to westernize the game a bit, we'll see how the update for 16+ upgrades will be, im hoping maybe they cap it at +17 or something similar.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 24, 2016, 09:05:26 pm »
Yeah if you ignore the PvP the game definitely has a lot of unique features you can lose yourself into.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 25, 2016, 11:23:47 am »
The game has definitely got some nice visuals, when it gets stormy and rainy, everything looks gorgeus. Im not one to really enjoy visuals much, but this is pretty good. Im a bit worried about pvp and endgame still in the game, but im hoping the addition of sieges will change that.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 26, 2016, 01:29:11 am »
somebody else buy black desert and give me a trial key, you god dam cheapskates

Offline Jacaroma

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 300
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Cajun
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 26, 2016, 04:17:35 am »
I got a 7 day trial key and i played it maybe 15 minutes, and i get File corrupted BS. Been trying to fix it for an hour now, nothing. Maybe that will keep me from spending my money.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #161 on: March 26, 2016, 01:20:29 pm »
somebody else buy black desert and give me a trial key, you god dam cheapskates

Try on mmorpg.com there's a thread.

Some people pm keys, other post it there and it's first come first serve.

Offline TR_Ragnarok

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Fan-Site For SNSD
« Reply #162 on: March 26, 2016, 04:04:04 pm »
People are praising this game quit a lot so far, for being fun exploring and doing professions etc, basically you can play it and have fun even if you dont necessarily want to pve/pvp tons. Ive heard a lot of mixed opinions on late pvp, but content patches with balancing are on their way, which is sick. I think the game has great potential still, im closing in on 50, i got 30 mil stashed for either a +15 yuria longsword, or liverto if i can manage to get my hands on one.

Still have a good time doing basically anything but grinding, but i think i will do some more grinding on 50 if i feel like it, maybe get some pvp action see what its all about.

Anybody on Edan? Family Name NivictusAstralis

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 26, 2016, 08:15:52 pm »
At 50 it seems you get a good chunk of dailies that reward well. Boss scrolls are the main thing, where you get 1 scroll weekly and then another lower tier daily. The daily one you do in a party of 5 always to max profits, and it usually ends up giving 5-6 stones if not more so gearing up shouldnt be too hard for the casual players, although it will take a bit longer ofc.

Offline TR_Ragnarok

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Fan-Site For SNSD
« Reply #164 on: March 28, 2016, 11:34:09 pm »