Author Topic: Dedicated Flamberge build?  (Read 3402 times)

Offline t1337Dude

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Dedicated Flamberge build?
« on: May 23, 2011, 12:15:35 am »
Hey guys, right now I'm stuck with a level 30 with a completely screwed build (due to the patch where Power Throw requires WPF) so I've spent my spare time scavenging weapons and experimenting with them all.  My favorite by far is the Flamberge (it's length is so sexy :P) and now that I'm 3/4 to 31, I think it's the weapon I'd like to heirloom. From what I understand I'll need to have my stats allocated so that I'm purely a 2H character. I'm fine with this, but I don't know too much about the stats and was wondering if someone could make recommend me where to put my stats. And I was planning to wear heavy plate armor, if that makes a difference at all.

Thanks

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
Re: Dedicated Flamberge build?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 12:42:37 am »
18/21 is best honestly, 21/18 if you're good at blocking, 24/15 if you want to use all the other 2h and One hit.

Offline Duster

• Marshall
  • Renown: 730
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pibb, Mellow_Yellowtf
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 01:03:31 am »
18/21
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline El_Infante

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tercio_Alejandro_Farnesio
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 01:17:05 am »
Flamberge is footwork and range, so 18/21 and light armor.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 01:41:22 am »
Hello there, iv been playing 2h for quite a while now as a 18/21, this generation however im playing with a 24/15 build, and i aint going back to 18/21 ever again.

Now i use the highland claymore which is short but powerfull, and im a decent bolcker so i dont have to move around as fast.

As for the flamberge, i think the extra movement speed will benefit you much more when you have a longer weapon(18/21), altho if you are a good blocker i would recommend a little more strenght based build maybe even the 21/18 to balance the speed and power. Imho i found the 24/15 build the best so far so i would say to you:
Try them all, you have 3 gens to loom your flamberge to MW so you have the time.  Find what fits you best.

Ill throw in some of my builds just to show you what im talking about:

Here is a build i used for 4 gens:

Strength: 18
Agility: 21
Hit points: 59
Skills to attributes: 8
Ironflesh: 3
Power Strike: 6
Athletics: 7
Weapon Master: 7
Two Handed: 164

Imo its pros would be that you are good in duels (tho this is discutable as the flamberge is easier to block than most weapons),  you can use your footwork to greater effect than str builds and also with 6 PS and 46 cut you should 1-2 shot 45 armor or less opponents, so you still pack a decent punch. Its cons would be that you wont have as much hp which would allow you to survive more and you wouldnt do as much damadge as you would with a more str build.

An alternative to this build would be putting some points into shield skill and wearing a shield. (i tried this for one generation and i just didnt like the feel of a shield on my back. But thats just me being me. If you want to have more protection vs arrows you should try this)

Now this is the build im using now: (i found myself in this build, kudos to Prpavi for convicing me, we had our share of str vs agi talks and i finaly saw the light :D)

A 24/15:

Strength: 24
Agility: 15
Hit points: 75
Ironflesh: 8
Power Strike: 8
Athletics: 5
Weapon Master: 2
Two Handed: 125

Now the obvious pros of this build would be the awesome hp pool (this is especialy essential if you use good armor like i do, as for arrows they bounce off my shiny ass and if they do hit i laugh at the damadge :D) and ofcourse the punch, when you hit with this you bet your ass they will feel it. You can one shot most of the oponents (with a positive speed bonus). Plate? No problem they will fall pretty quick. The cons would be that you cant run as fast and your swings are slower.

Now you may have noticed only 2 points in weapon master and a "low" 125 wpf. I find it enough, even with all the weight i am carrying like 30+ kgs i can still be just fast enough for my taste.

Ofcourse if you feel like you would be slow with this you can always sacrafice a few hp points and put 5 to weapon master that will give you a pretty decent number of 148 wpf that sould boost your swing frequency.

And if you find the 18/21 build a little weak or the 24/15 a bit sluggish there is the 21/18:

Now i havent tried that one (will probably do it for this gen after) but here is how it would look then i try it:

Strength: 21
Agility: 18
Hit points: 64
Ironflesh: 4
Power Strike: 7
Athletics: 6
Weapon Master: 6
Two Handed: 155

Pretty neat compromise between speed and power if i might add, now i admit i was a bit of a agi whore in the past but now im a hooked on power. I need to try this before i can comment it more.

And finaly we come to the conclusion and my suggestion ( i will repeat myself here ): Try them all, you will never know untill you try.

I hope i helped and i appolagize for any typing mistakes, and i hope you read all of this and it wasnt for nothing :cry: :D :D

Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline t1337Dude

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 03:00:19 am »
Fluffy, thanks for that post, I'm definitely going to try the 24/15, I like the sound of it.   :D

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 06:49:55 pm »
Fluffy, thanks for that post, I'm definitely going to try the 24/15, I like the sound of it.   :D

You ll love it....

24/15 is missing flexibility though.
Good luck when you ll meet a decent player with 21 agi :-)

For slicing unaware fools, med skilled ppl this build + weapon should do the job.

If you really want to benefit more from the berges pros, you ll need more agi ;-)

I highly recommend reading through RandomDudes guide.
He is a real Flamberg enthusiast!

I talk like wise man since i tried all of these builds, all em weapons and my conclusion is a 21/21 build @ lvl 33 with the good old sword of cookies.
16.5 mill missing :-)

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 07:57:53 pm »
Yep i went 21/21 when the xp recalculation patch arrived. (free xp wooohoo) Its THE build to aim for when you have all the looms you want, twas epic but i retired cause i wanted to finish looming my armor and gloves. Just 2 more retirements and im done with looms, gonna go for it then again.

And yea with 21/15 your a meatgrinder for the masses  just dont expect to beat dem agi heroes   :D
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 09:10:08 pm »
I dont think a flamberger has a real chance vs an agi build. I've tried lots of builds and some guys will just be faster than you for obvious reasons.

I would be interested to hear how the 24/15 goes. If I did that build i'd still wear the heaviest armour I could and so I might suffer for missing athletics/wpf.

My next build will be 2h/1h hybrid.

This means I wont be using a flamberge most likely :O

Offline t1337Dude

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 11:24:48 am »
I dont think a flamberger has a real chance vs an agi build. I've tried lots of builds and some guys will just be faster than you for obvious reasons.

I would be interested to hear how the 24/15 goes. If I did that build i'd still wear the heaviest armour I could and so I might suffer for missing athletics/wpf.

My next build will be 2h/1h hybrid.

This means I wont be using a flamberge most likely :O

Interesting to know. I don't think it will ruin my day though, regarding not being able to take on serious agi players. I just want to kill as many people in few swings as possible and feel like a tank while doing it. If the speed is that much of a problem, I'll just try an agility build next time. But for now, I'd like to put on some heavy armor. :P

Offline Senni__Ti

• Earl
  • Renown: 472
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Senni_Ti
  • IRC nick: Senni
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 05:32:44 pm »
18/24
with the flamberge speed is very useful, ath less useful due to its length+weight reducing your running speed pretty drastically anyway.

lvl 30

18 Str
24 Agi

14 skill points converted
6 ps
3 ath
8 wpnmaster

173 2h wpf

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 05:50:37 pm »
As much as it might spoil your day, remember strategus. It will come online soon and whatever you choose to do, make a build that works with other weapons than the flamberge, because my guess is, that it won't be available a lot.
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2011, 03:11:44 pm »
I am using 33 str and 3 agi and it kicks ass. I normally use a flamberge when I play DTV, but when I am up against real players I pull out my great maul.