Poll

10pd, 139wpf, longbow+3, bodkins +3 vs 76 body armourtincan = 5% damage/body shot

Working as intended, move along
archery Dmg needs buff
Weight of quivers needs to be lowered
buff armour
Archer should lose ½ of remaining hp after each shot(minimum 1)

Author Topic: 10pd lb+3 bodkins+3 vs 76 body armour(stationary archer and target)  (Read 2072 times)

Offline Admerius

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Many Admerius-es and many alts(Total of 32 chars)
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereignty of Aegis for life!(aka. multi-claning)
  • Game nicks: My top three nicks: Scum, William_Spearshake, Dedrater)
+1
My mighty 30/15 archery alt stood atop a tower and loosed my arrows down the defiant (Lor-?)Cassi in her full plat armour(76 body armour, 76 head armour, hp amount unknown).

The angle was roughyl 45 degrees and the distance abou 20-25 meter, my arrows lammed in to that full plate(10pd, 139 wpf, Longbow+3, Bodkins +3, Lightarmoured(less than 10 armour weight) )

My hits did roughly 5% according to Cassi.

Now this isn't a complaint about damage, the damage is a bit low but manageable, the fact that she could run me down on top of this... that's the problem.

Edit1: Stationary target(no speedbonus)

Edit2:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 07:10:42 pm by Admerius »

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: 10pd lb+3 bodkins+3 vs 76 body armour
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 03:18:36 pm »
+2
Would be better if you presented real numbers with some tests. I don't take 5% damage from anything with 10 IF and my plate
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Huscarlton_Banks

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
  • Blatant nudge spammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 03:20:59 pm »
+2
That build will do more damage than a regular +3 crossbow with +3 steel bolts for medium-long distances, I don't see any way it could do ~5% damage at medium range, even if you're hitting them in the hands.

Offline Admerius

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 03:57:01 pm »
Ok, I'll track down some tincan to perform a proper empirical study, instead of going by Cassi's self-reporting though chat function ingame.

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 04:15:45 pm »
THATS ME OMG!

(click to show/hide)

We can try it out again if you want, just send me a PM on the cRPG site.
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 04:56:19 pm »
+2
Let me guess, stationary target too?

Offline Admerius

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 04:58:44 pm »
Let me guess, stationary target too?

I knew I had forgot to mention something, and that's it! 0% speedbonus.

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
Re: 10pd lb+3 bodkins+3 vs 76 body armour(stationary archer and target)
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 05:50:45 pm »
well 0 athletics and heaviest 2h gear -> stationary
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2014, 06:00:46 pm »
+1
Archery truly has been nerfed into the ground. It's sad and I feel bad for all the archers out there that loomed all of their gear to just be relentlessly nerfed almost every single patch. The kiting nerf, I could understand. Changing of all the bows statistics, I thought, was going full retard. Then this patch came out and I now understand what going full retard truly means. You do no damage and get no fucking arrows to do damage with. I shot Tagora the other day with a longbow and bodkins and the only time I did any significant damage was if I got a headshot. Even then it would take 3 arrows to bring him down. Don't even bother shooting horses or anyone with a str build. Hell anyone with an agi build. Basically just don't shoot anyone with any build. Build. Fuck archery nerfs. You guys can't seriously be that stupid to think that dropping the amount of arrows and further nerfing archery damage was a good idea, can you? Well it happened so I guess the answer is yes. Yes you can be that stupid. You want to go ranged be a thrower or xbow noob. RIP Archery.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 06:28:52 pm »
+1
I wanted archery to be as good relatively as it was before. The blanket change after the patch came out proved to be a little too strong (something had to be done though since archery gets  +14% damage per PD compared to +8%), and it was unexpected that the average armor would increase so much. I'm more convinced of increasing body shot damage/decrease limb damage vs bow damage (final damage increase vs. raw damage increase).

It should be easier than ever to land a shot, though. I suppose in practice, increasing accuracy didn't really help landing those headshots after all for most people?

The opposite would be people QQing when archery was already pretty weak (cue months of complaining along with threads like these when archery imo was already not so great: http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/add-a-fucking-ranged-cap-already/ )

As far as doing damage to the best armor values in the game and 110+ hp? It's just not a smart target for anyone without 33+p/b weapons and speed bonus.

There is now way the second bow in (nomad bow) should arguably be one of the strongest bows in the game. That is completely moronic. Comparable to making the wooden stick, axe, or pitchfork in other classes the second best weapon for that class or the sumpter horse just slighty worse than the courser. Please. I had a major issue when the decision was made to remove longbow's pierce only damage WHICH IS HOW IT SHOULD BE, to then the respec of all bows and arrows. I mean come on. There is a point where something is ok, then there is a point when you've just gone too far.  I don't want to do this but I will. Below is how the stats of the bows should be in my humble opinion, not how they are now. Again how they are now is fucking stupid and it's the reason why there are so many people shooting you in melee. You can max an archery build with a nomad bow and have laser guided missiles that shoot faster, more accurately, and more rapidly than anything on the battlefield. On top of that, use some bodkins and now that machine gun does pierce damage. GG everyone.

An archer.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2014, 06:44:56 pm »
+1
Archery truly has been nerfed into the ground. It's sad and I feel bad for all the archers out there that loomed all of their gear to just be relentlessly nerfed almost every single patch. The kiting nerf, I could understand. Changing of all the bows statistics, I thought, was going full retard. Then this patch came out and I now understand what going full retard truly means. You do no damage and get no fucking arrows to do damage with. I shot Tagora the other day with a longbow and bodkins and the only time I did any significant damage was if I got a headshot. Even then it would take 3 arrows to bring him down. Don't even bother shooting horses or anyone with a str build. Hell anyone with an agi build. Basically just don't shoot anyone with any build. Build. Fuck archery nerfs. You guys can't seriously be that stupid to think that dropping the amount of arrows and further nerfing archery damage was a good idea, can you? Well it happened so I guess the answer is yes. Yes you can be that stupid. You want to go ranged be a thrower or xbow noob. RIP Archery.

Basically, people saw me doing good with pin point accuracy+support, so, no buff needed in their opinion. People actually think shooting and killing low armored people and wounded people proves this shit to be OP, but when Lars, a good player, tried out archery, he felt kinda fucked : even with pin point accuracy, and 9PD (longbow/bodkins of course), he wasn't able to hit and damage someone, nor to handle a fight in melee.

Just a reminder, I'm a level 37 archer, I almost only played as archer and crossbowman, for a long time. Any player that played his class for a long time, with high level + looms + support MUST be good, or he's definitely not made for this game.

Too short, but still couldn't read : QQ.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 06:50:01 pm by Algarn »

Offline Admerius

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2014, 07:09:59 pm »
+1
Update:
Tested on EU3:

All point blank:
Feet shots: 10=dead
Body shots: 10=dead
Head: 4=Dead
When running away=14-16, lost count of misses :(

It wasn't so bad, I must have used other arrows thenmy  deafult gear yesterday, maybe my rusbow or tatar arrows.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2014, 07:17:54 pm »
I wanted archery to be as good relatively as it was before.

Then why did you (as a whole item balance team) decide to provide less ammo? Why does archery do next to no damage unless you're shooting heads? Increasing the accuracy rating on the bows TYDEUS YOU FUCKWIT; you did like 3 gens of archer at this point and thought you were pro doesn't really matter much now does it? I've done gens upon gens of archery and the only thing that needed to be adjusted was the tears of the melee I'd shoot down in all their glorious rage QQ my old friendLORDS the ability to kite and HA prolonging rounds. No bow stats needed to be restructured and the arrows certainly didn't need fucked with again, especially after the almost complete negation of benefits when you heirloom them that has occurred. Do you have any idea how infuriating that is to someone who spends generations to MW an item and now it's total shit. Do it to the longsword (or any loom people use) and let's see what happens shall we?  Any how, none of this matters, as none of it will get reverted. Someone just needs to hit a giant reset button and take this back to 2010, when the mod was fun. Who cares how balanced it was, the bottom line is, IT WAS FUN.

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2014, 08:54:47 pm »
+2
Who cares how balanced it was, the bottom line is, IT WAS FUN.

maybe it was fun because without upkeep all were happier , archers with medium armor were shooting and kiting tincans with flamberge.
Chivalry is a shit game but archery class is really balanced and played almost that the few times i played.

http://chivalry.wikia.com/wiki/Archer
here's the description of the ranged class in general and here's a video about it.

now , yes i know , Chivalry sux balls and it's a spamfest but looking only at the ranged class i must admit i prefer their point of view than the warband/crpg one.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2014, 09:06:49 pm »
maybe it was fun because without upkeep all were happier , archers with medium armor were shooting and kiting tincans with flamberge.
Chivalry is a shit game but archery class is really balanced and played almost that the few times i played.

http://chivalry.wikia.com/wiki/Archer
here's the description of the ranged class in general and here's a video about it.

now , yes i know , Chivalry sux balls and it's a spamfest but looking only at the ranged class i must admit i prefer their point of view than the warband/crpg one.

Jesus, the ocean of tears this game would be if archery was like that for 1 day only.