Author Topic: Thread of Faith (or: what will you do in Melee: Battleground ?)  (Read 4536 times)

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
Thread of Faith (or: what will you do in Melee: Battleground ?)
« on: November 20, 2014, 08:38:37 pm »
+13
So the KillStealKickStarter Campaign for Melee: Battlegrounds is on. In these harsh & ruthless times Crowd Funding a project of any kind is not the easiest thing to do, no matter its nature. Market is brutal, people are fed up with false promises, whether they lack money or time is not so important but if they lack faith & belief then its even worse. This is what this thread is all about: having faith & believing in success of this project.
Anyone can pledge a few bucks and hope for the best but not anyone can have so much faith in success to pledge something more than money at the moment when even some basic have not been made certain. I'm so convinced that this thing will go through that I'm gonna pledge myself into trying to bring something into a game which is not even remotely confirmed. I expect you folks to write down as well what you intend to bring into M:BG, once its done. As we already know: almost everything will be possible (in one way or another) so what will you do in M:BG to enhance it as a game and help its community ? How will you behave & play ? Will you do any modding ?  What kind of clan will you try to create & roleplay ? What kind of videos will you make ? What kind of maps or items will  you try to create ? What area of yourself or the game will you try to improve ? What kind of ideas do you have and from what kind of sources ?

I'll start:

In M:BG I'm gonna try to make some maps (if the Map Editor is not too complicated to use). The first scene I'll try to make will be to commemorate one of the people who are creating this awesome game: our dear Zimke Zlovoljni, historical researcher, the Deckard Cain of Melee: Battlegrounds. I'll make a map of a location known as Kosovo Polje, a historical place in Serbia known for a great battle back in 1389 AD. Once I'm done with the map (ofc I plan to study its appearance to make it as close to realism as possible, the way Zimke likes it) I will try to organize an event: a recreation of Kosovo Battle, between Serbian Army and the invading Ottoman Forces (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kosovo). Hopefully we will have more than enough historically accurate gear to equip both armies  :wink:.
I will take command of the Serbian Army with high hope that our dear Zimke will join us, as one of our leaders & heroes, he can be our own Miloš Obilić if he wants. I will make it as accurate as possible, we will fight outnumbered and no Turk will be allowed to fight on our side, not even Reyiz or Cicero. They are free to join their beloved Kapikulus on the other side, who will hopefully be there to make things easier for us.  :twisted:
History tells us that Serbs lost this epic battle but those of us who know better are familiar with the fact that its a lie (constructed in the Congress of Berlin, 1878. and maintained ever since), Serbs actually won (though they lost a good part of their prominent leaders due to some unfortunate circumstances) but over the course of time they (I won't reveal who at this moment) twisted it into a defeat and to this day its what kids at school still learn.
Hopefully - our dear Zimke and the rest of us will rewrite history (or even fix it, whatever term you prefer more) and we will have one hell of an event with some great fun for lots of players.  8-)

I have a few more ideas of what I would like to do but they are kind of a secret that will only be revealed to certain people.  :wink:

Remember: its more than a year away from becoming reality so we have some time to kill and even if we forget what we pledged this thread can at least serve as a reminder of our faith.
(click to show/hide)

Now - let your TRUE pledging begin !!!!!!
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
Re: Thread of Faith (or: what will you do in Melee: Battleground ?)
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 08:42:51 pm »
+18
I'll make Krems clan

Offline Krex

• Earl
  • Renown: 403
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
    • Steam
  • Game nicks: Krex
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 09:35:07 pm »
+26
I will be annoyed by Krems-members.
Quote from: Tomeusz link=topic=45416.msg717346#msg717346
horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 09:38:25 pm »
+3
I will take off my torso rags and bless the community with perfectly formed muscles

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 09:39:26 pm »
+3
I will stab you.

Offline SayAttack

• Baron
  • Renown: 115
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 10:04:20 pm »
ill try to find a saddle and couch some hundreds new players

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 10:06:34 pm »
If I save enough money by the end of the campaign to pledge for it (not even sure what pledge level this would fall under), I want to request a salute animation:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 10:14:39 pm »
+4
Me and Butan will create a RP clan toghether and get a clan hall where we can decide various things to improve the RP feeling. We'll probably go for a teutonic clan, we like them alot.

Offline Dolphin

• Earl
  • Renown: 375
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Can you find my secret ?
  • Faction: The Joyous Raider
  • Game nicks: DoIphin, Siff and some alts
  • IRC nick: Dolphin
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 10:17:42 pm »
+1
This one already belives and have given a fair share of money !

Also i want to try every build as i have done in crpg !

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 10:18:31 pm »
+31
Tavern 24/7  

(click to show/hide)
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline Horns_Archive

• Earl
  • Renown: 439
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2014, 10:28:30 pm »
+6
Since I am paying $150 total on this game I get a home somewhere (fuck if I know where it will be). Regardless! I will be opening a Sex and Waffle house where every sexual encounter purchased comes with Horns' Blue Waflle's topped with my secret whip cream recipe. I already came up with a slogan too: If the hookers didn't make you cream, then my waffles definitely will or the next hooker is free! That is all, carry on with your lives.

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2014, 10:52:38 pm »
+1
Since I'm clanless and not a competetive player, I don't really know what I'll do with the clan name that came with the 300$ pledge.

Maybe I'll create an adventurer's guild (neutral clan) for people's alts and casual players who wish to remain anonymous.

What to do with that custom animation though.. anyone's got any ideas :lol:?

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2014, 10:56:00 pm »
+7
Ill be the worst agiwhoting, vaegir mask, kuyak wearing, min maxing, stab abusing, hiltslashing, spamming, no skill 2h bundle of sticks in the entire game. This will be my contribution.

Also, if there is any kind of taunt or voice chat i will spam the shit out of that thing. Ill beat the dead horse and then shoot it and then beat it again. Ill spam voice on spawn, mid battle, Thank you kind sirs after a kill. Ill be QQV-ing so hard you will hear me waaaaaaaay before you see me. Ill be so fucking relentless people will wish to choke me trough the screen. FUN FUN FUN FUN

JK. Seriously now, ill probably just be roleplaying a bandit if the bandits reform.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2014, 10:56:21 pm »
+3
Definitely scene making in the beginning, while playing a bit as spear-man (because pokeys r 4 lyf bruv), and keep on helping the dev team whenever requested since the early days.

Since organizing and reenacting important battles from the 13th century is a possibility, I'll put my hands into work onto the scene for a Battle of Las Navas de Tolosa, which was an important step on the Cristian Reconquist on the Iberian Peninsula. And I'm sure I can count on our Spanish friends to make this happen.

And later if Plated armor gets implemented, even reenact the Aljubarrota Battle.

The rest time will tell.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 11:13:52 pm by karasu »

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2014, 10:57:27 pm »
+1

What to do with that custom animation though.. anyone's got any ideas :lol:?
I got some but I will not tell you untill I am 100% shure that I don't bledge enough to get it myselve.

I wll try to become a ingame actor and help out everybody who wants to make movies with the moviemode.