Author Topic: So we started the kickstarter campaign...  (Read 8322 times)

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
Re: So we started the kickstarter campaign...
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2014, 04:38:31 pm »
That's the worse thing that could've happen.

As long as no one mentioned strategus we might be able to save it.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline matt2507

• King
  • Renown: 1013
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • It is when making anything that we become anyone.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Raylin The_Village_Idiot Mohamed_Ali
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2014, 04:42:11 pm »

No donkeys were harmed in the making of this gif.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2014, 04:52:18 pm »
+1
As long as no one mentioned strategus we might be able to save it.

Luckily for the whole project Leshma went to explain things only on two Serbian forums so no damage is done yet but when he goes to "explain" things on International Scene that's when it will need saving.  :wink:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2014, 04:53:44 pm »
+1
You know sorry to say but this game looks like a fleshed out Warband mod, its by design a spirital successor to cRPG. Which is great, but I can't even honestly say I know what is making it different and interesting with the info I have, since I haven't gotten to play the game's engine and there's no demonstrations of skillful depth released yet.

Like if you can present a video showing the potential of a duel between two good players or the frenetic action of line combat/mosh pits or mechanics of cavalry and so forth that'd be something different. I keep hearing about the combat but not seeing anything. But ultimately I get the feeling this is still being presented in the shadow of Mount and Blade and will just be endlessly compared to it. So I can see a PR dump on Bannerlord deflating any momentum you guys might build up, since Bannerlord is a big unknown by the more or less undisputed current champions of the genre.

I fully expect M:BG is gonna be polished and play well, but it would definitely be a good idea to having videos demonstrating core gameplay, and exactly WHAT is setting it apart from Mount and Blade. Narrate a duel between two good players (so not devs lol) showing some techniques and crap. Show how heirlooming gear changes and personalizes the model. Do a walkthrough of building a character's stats and demonstrate with gameplay footage the different playstyles it accomodates.

Don't need all this now but I'm saying keep it in mind for future content that fans can share with gaming forums or other networks.

edit: will accept consultation fees for ongoing social network messaging coordination in the payment form of future CD keys to give out in streaming contests and the like tia (integrate twitch)

I agree with you, that's why I think it should be a main talking point when trying to explain the game to people from outside cRPG. I was a little disappointed by how little the Kickstarter video did to set Melee apart from Warband. The problem is that the combat right now is still really unfinished so we can't really go into any specifics, we don't really have any idea what the devs might still do with it, but leaving combat aside I feel like there was already enough in cRPG to set it apart from Warband and much of that still applies to Melee, although sometimes in a different way (eg specialization in character development rather than direct improvement). So yeah, levels, heirlooms, built-in clan support, engineering, stronghold, maybe a vague mention of epic down the line, all that good stuff.

But whatever we tell them, if we want this KS going places, we should all spread the word.
Don't.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 458
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2014, 04:53:59 pm »
Paul is lurking :lol:

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2014, 05:02:53 pm »
+6
Luckily for the whole project Leshma went to explain things only on two Serbian forums so no damage is done yet but when he goes to "explain" things on International Scene that's when it will need saving.  :wink:

Strategus was actually the best part of cRPG history as I remember it. Talking about it can make events seem like sweeping international epics of sperging, rage, destroying hundred man faction's will to play the game, crazy nerds betraying their videogame allies for no reason and having public breakdowns.

That's what I think of making cRPG unique and memorable honestly, but all the bugs and grinding and difficult interface and crap is best ignored in any nostalgia. The way the Warband/cRPG community kinda fostered clans of people around the world using their cultural heritage as foundations of in-game themes and gimmicks, using historical armors and names and icons in designing their clan, and the diplomatic webs forming.

Basically Strategus, or I guess any popular clan-driven event thing, was like 13th century soccer, with obnoxious patriotic drunk shitheads from USA UK and Turkey, pretentious well organized h1tler backstabbers from Scandinavia and Germany, slav hordes that always win no matter what because that's the power of united slavs, mocked and inconsequential French, etc.

The amount of themed gear, customize heraldry, Strategus as a grand war type campaign, Diplomacy forum posting (before Canary and likeminded shit mods ruined it) etc all made it real fun and colorful.

Tailoring gear loadouts and faction hall design and stuff to all the cultural backgrounds of real people like cRPG and Mount and Blade managed to do was kind of great and organic. And Strategus was where everyone could really fucking hate each other over it and wage wars to genocide international rivals. Good stuff.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2014, 05:07:10 pm »
+3
I am really starting to like you Smoothrich. Your posts over the past month has been A+

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2014, 05:10:33 pm »
I am really starting to like you Smoothrich. Your posts over the past month has been A+

Careful now, he's still a shit puppet, he's just our shit puppet again.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2014, 05:22:10 pm »
+6
Strategus was actually the best part of cRPG history as I remember it. Talking about it can make events seem like sweeping international epics of sperging, rage, destroying hundred man faction's will to play the game, crazy nerds betraying their videogame allies for no reason and having public breakdowns.

That's what I think of making cRPG unique and memorable honestly, but all the bugs and grinding and difficult interface and crap is best ignored in any nostalgia. The way the Warband/cRPG community kinda fostered clans of people around the world using their cultural heritage as foundations of in-game themes and gimmicks, using historical armors and names and icons in designing their clan, and the diplomatic webs forming.

Basically Strategus, or I guess any popular clan-driven event thing, was like 13th century soccer, with obnoxious patriotic drunk shitheads from USA UK and Turkey, pretentious well organized h1tler backstabbers from Scandinavia and Germany, slav hordes that always win no matter what because that's the power of united slavs, mocked and inconsequential French, etc.

The amount of themed gear, customize heraldry, Strategus as a grand war type campaign, Diplomacy forum posting (before Canary and likeminded shit mods ruined it) etc all made it real fun and colorful.

Tailoring gear loadouts and faction hall design and stuff to all the cultural backgrounds of real people like cRPG and Mount and Blade managed to do was kind of great and organic. And Strategus was where everyone could really fucking hate each other over it and wage wars to genocide international rivals. Good stuff.

Yeah! Strat made this game fun, no doubts!

PS.

chadz, can you make a special pledge for us? No specific animations, no statues in-game needed. 100 CD keys will do  :D :D :D

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2014, 05:27:38 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)

Riveting tale chap, riveting tale indeed but look again what I've bolded and you'll get my point: I didn't mean to say that talking about cRPG history (and all other aspects of it) is necessarily a bad thing for the marketing but it might be if it was done by someone.......dubious (to say the least) like Leshma.  :twisted:
(click to show/hide)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2014, 05:28:29 pm »
What's the likelihood of the funding goal being reached?

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2014, 05:33:16 pm »
+1
Looks god damn amazing. I can't wait!!!!!! Backing and proud!

Offline traxits

• Cuck
  • Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player
  • The weakest of the Three Scumlords.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Scumlord_Ephemeral
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2014, 05:45:15 pm »
+2
Looks like I'll have to slow down on the smokes and pepperoni to free up some money for you mustard tigers.
Dear traxits
You have received a warning for being a total twat.
Best Regards,
The cRPG Forum Team
Today at 04:50:44 pm   Constant Shitposting   +100

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2014, 05:48:47 pm »
I agree with you, that's why I think it should be a main talking point when trying to explain the game to people from outside cRPG. I was a little disappointed by how little the Kickstarter video did to set Melee apart from Warband. The problem is that the combat right now is still really unfinished so we can't really go into any specifics, we don't really have any idea what the devs might still do with it, but leaving combat aside I feel like there was already enough in cRPG to set it apart from Warband and much of that still applies to Melee, although sometimes in a different way (eg specialization in character development rather than direct improvement). So yeah, levels, heirlooms, built-in clan support, engineering, stronghold, maybe a vague mention of epic down the line, all that good stuff.

But whatever we tell them, if we want this KS going places, we should all spread the word.

Its good that the Kickstarter focuses on the ideas and inspiration of game making with a positive message of modders coming together to do what they love and stuff. Its good marketing and sells the project well about being people you can trust with your money and that will go a long way. Hard-working community interacting mod teams tend to make games in-tune with what gamers like more than major out of touch studios after all. But using that enthusiasm in the future with updates and stuff on the website in how it actually plays will give the whole marketing/hype/discussion of the game itself some legs. And if Star Conflict has shown anything its that showing that stuff off long after a Kickstarter is done can generate even more support and enthusiasm (and donations if needed).

But yeah you get what I mean. Warband and eventually Bannerlord is like the elephant in the room when discussing M:BG. Need to guard your flanks during the next year if you plan on being in beta November 2015. Or hell reading it, alpha in March 2015? That's not long at all.

Hope whenever the game opens up to testing there will be a lot of communication with players on what works and stuff to help balance and polish gameplay too. cRPG has a reputation of unusual attention for a  multiplayer mod in content and balance patches, a spirit that I hope translates to M:BG to make it a better game and something that certainly sets at least cRPG apart from Warband. A community-driven focus instead of silent judgemental Turks lording over their studio as mod makers slave away creating future DLC for Talesworld.

Now that is a community you really should attempt to harvest though.. other Warband mod teams, with visions of CIVIL WAR SLAVE REBELLION YANKEE STOMPER: BATTLEGROUND EDITION in their wallets lol
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2014, 08:11:36 pm »
happy birthday dude
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!