Author Topic: How much preferred upkeep to still make money?  (Read 861 times)

Offline Verore

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
How much preferred upkeep to still make money?
« on: November 18, 2014, 03:39:51 am »
+2
Currently have a  27/13 build with Great Long Axe and can't figure out what kind of armor to use and still make money while giving good protection. ~ how much upkeep or below should I aim for to still be making a bit of gold. 2251 max upkeep, is that too high?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 03:45:15 am by Verore »

Offline To Kill A Dead Horse

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • May be insane
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (Former) The Black Guard, (Current) Swiss AoW
  • Game nicks: To_Kill_A_Dead_Horse, GaugofWar
  • IRC nick: TKADH
Re: How much preferred upkeep to still make money?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 04:32:46 am »
+1
Weapons are a money sink so first and foremost I would suggest using a cheaper weapon (maybe the long bardiche or long axe would suit you?).

Then for armor values I find that having 46h 40b and 25-30l would offer you the most efficient protection for the value.  (less body and leg armor would work for you too as you have more HP than my 21-21 build assuming you have iron flesh)           

For upkeep I would just keep it under or around a 1000 maximum. If you still lose money or you feel you could make money faster you could get an even cheaper weapon than something like a long axe or bardiche.
Quote from: Baggy
If your going to be staring at your characters ass in game all day it might as well be a female one.
[21:08:47] Downloading Textures/this_is_how_children_see_gnjus_norm.dds

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline NuberT

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: NuberT_HRE
  • IRC nick: NuberT_HRE
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 05:07:54 am »
I make money with:
39,688 goldCost
2,775 goldUpkeep (max)

But I am a god on siege :mrgreen:

pogosan

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 04:11:12 pm »

Offline Finse

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Finse, Hated
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 05:53:54 pm »
ive got 2090 in upkeep but i sell one loom everyother retirement so i never run out, just +3 weapons

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 05:30:47 am »
+1
When I was trying to scrounge up all the gold I could, I found that 1500 upkeep or so let me wear light mail with a good weapon. 2 Hours of playing might net you 5000 to 10000 gold if you get lucky with multipliers. 2000-2500 upkeep isn't bad. You might lose money if you have a night of constant x1, but overall you should at least break even. That's enough upkeep for some really nice gear.

As long as you aren't bankrupt, just wear what you like. The heaviest plate armor and horses are the ones that will drain your gold. If you can't stand your gold not slowly rising, try using a light set of equipment when you have x1, and break out the heavy set when you have x3 or more multiplier. Changing your gear makes the game more interesting too. Playing the same thing for hours can get tedious.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far