Author Topic: [Blizzard] Overwatch  (Read 51635 times)

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
Re: [Blizzard] Overwatch
« Reply #300 on: June 14, 2016, 08:58:41 pm »
Yes, as a person that is good with widowmaker I am more than pleased with these changes

I was so sick of being cheap shotted by a full charge then instant death shot after when people like myself always go for the headshot

People like me, unchanged. The rest? Get fucking buttfucked up the butt, nerds.
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 14, 2016, 09:07:15 pm »
The McCree nerf seems rather extreme to me. Of course I might just have become used to playing McCree a little bit too much. Probably will switch to roadhog a lot more now. Gotta have a cheap stun combo one way or the other.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #302 on: June 14, 2016, 09:22:00 pm »
+2
Of course I might just have become used to playing McCree a little bit too much.

You are literally hitIer
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 14, 2016, 09:35:49 pm »
The McCree nerf seems rather extreme to me. Of course I might just have become used to playing McCree a little bit too much. Probably will switch to roadhog a lot more now. Gotta have a cheap stun combo one way or the other.

It's not extreme. McCree still does his role as a flanker killer, he just cant melt tanks anymore.

Offline Ocera

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 14, 2016, 09:54:00 pm »
Soldier 76, Genji And Reinhardt are my main 3, Might dabble Mercy if needed. But Soldier 76 has to be by far my best, Seems to fit many roles like a swiss army knife of the group :3

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #305 on: June 15, 2016, 04:23:55 am »
A new patch is now live on Windows PC. Read below to learn more about the latest changes.

To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum.
For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum.
For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum.

Please note that many of these changes will be rolled into a larger patch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at a later date.

McCree
        Peacekeeper - Alternate fire
            Recovery time (i.e. the amount of time before McCree starts reloading) decreased from 0.75 seconds to 0.3 seconds
            Bullet damage decreased from 70 to 45 (Probably reverse patch form this)

Developer Comments: McCree was performing too well against all targets, making him feel like a must-pick in many situations. By reducing the damage of his alternate fire, McCree is now significantly weaker against tanks like Roadhog and Reinhardt, but still maintains his lethality against smaller targets like Tracer and Genji.

WidowMaker
        Widow’s Kiss - Alternate fire (Scoped Shot)
            Base damage decreased from 15 to 12
                Note: Scoped shot damage multiplier remains unchanged
            Headshot damage multiplier increased from 2x to 2.5x
            Players must now wait for the unscoping animation to completely finish before scoping
        Infra-Sight (Ult)
            Ultimate charge cost increased by 10%

Torbjörn
          Forge Hammer now can repair Bastion     
(click to show/hide)
  :shock: :?

*Developer Comments: In the right hands, Widowmaker can often feel unstoppable—even when just landing body shots instead of critical heads shots. The changes to her alternate fire weaken body shot damage while leaving her headshot damage unchanged. Additionally, we felt her Ultimate ability, Infra-Sight, was coming up a little too frequently, especially considering its impact on the game. *

Bug Fixed
        Improved stability of the High Bandwidth option in Custom Games
        Fixed a bug that allowed Mercy to gain Ultimate charge whenever damage boosting an ally who was attacking a barrier or Ice Wall
        Fixed a bug that allowed Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations on a certain maps
        Fixed an issue with collision on certain areas of Dorado not blocking line of sight
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #306 on: June 15, 2016, 06:54:42 am »
So widow didnt get plain nerf, but changed to become harder but still good. Thats smart, they dont want to kill classes with nerfs, they actually have some sort of idea how to keep it balanced and fun.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 15, 2016, 09:10:57 am »
So widow didnt get plain nerf, but changed to become harder but still good. Thats smart, they dont want to kill classes with nerfs, they actually have some sort of idea how to keep it balanced and fun.

I honestly don't think she got nerfed enough. 10% more charge on her ult doesn't really change the fact that that ability is OP af, uncounterable, persists through death and you can't even fucking hear it when she uses it.

The body shot damage reduction is nice and all, doesn't insta-kill Zenyatta, hopefully we'll see more Zens now. Having to wait for the unzoom animation to finish isn't that big of a nerf, it's more a nerf to a certain style of players that unzoomed to check surroundings after every shot (kinda a CS player habit). But that doesn't change the fact that a sniper is still good at escaping/fighting flankers. Chain is untounched, SMG damage is untouched (which is actually pretty high if they're in your face). Why does a sniper have all the tools to escape anti-sniping measures? In every other game snipers are fucked if someone surprises them up close, they have to resort to their measly sidearms and can't just magically zip away 300 meters to snipe again.

While I do hope that this will decrease the number of Widows picked and subsequently games more pleasant, I really don't think she was nerfed enough. A good Widowmaker will still be able to dominate entire teams from afar (no change to rifle charge rate) and the worst part of it all: there's really no counter to a Widowmaker than another Widowmaker. Technically that is fine but not in this game, which is basically built on heroes (hard)countering other heroes.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 15, 2016, 12:48:52 pm »
I honestly don't think she got nerfed enough. 10% more charge on her ult doesn't really change the fact that that ability is OP af, uncounterable, persists through death and you can't even fucking hear it when she uses it.

I also think the ultimate ability should die with Widowmaker, or somehow make it apparent for the opposite team that the ultimate is being used.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 15, 2016, 02:07:44 pm »
Good article on the Widow issue (pre and post nerf), it basically talks about strengths/weaknesses:
http://hanzo.gg/Blog/widowmaker-risk-return

The final paragraph to make it short that describes the issue well:
Overall, the issue with widowmaker is that she has all strengths and little weakness. In all other competitive games you would be punished severely for having the safety and the power that she possesses. With widowmaker the only weakness is the chance of the enemy team having a better widowmaker. June 14th’s nerf will impact her slightly, but the overall kit doesn’t represent how risk & return should work, I agree that a powerful sniper is needed in Overwatch, but the rest of her kit should suffer drastically if she is to keep her power (rapid 300 damage headshots, and a game changing ultimate).

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #310 on: June 15, 2016, 03:13:15 pm »
I also think the ultimate ability should die with Widowmaker, or somehow make it apparent for the opposite team that the ultimate is being used.

not only widow's ulti should fade off when she dies , even junkrat one should explodes or go away the moment he dies i think.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #311 on: June 15, 2016, 04:02:35 pm »
not only widow's ulti should fade off when she dies , even junkrat one should explodes or go away the moment he dies i think.

Yeah, the first time I spotted a junkrat using his ult I snuck up behind him and shot him several times til he died then hopped off the rooftop assuming that I had no need to fear the sound of his tire behind me. Then when it blew up I figured it was closer than I anticipated since it still got me... but watching the kill cam it clearly showed me killing him, then his tire taking a hard right turn off the roof and then continuing to pursue me for another second or two before blowing up. Needless to say I won't make that mistake again...

As for the widow nerf, if they had also made her ultimate end when she died, I feel like that wouldn't help the opposing team much since let's face it, a half-decent widow will almost never be dying unless your team has a better widow. If anything it should be able to be heard by the opposing team and simply last for less time. I'm not sure how long it lasts for now, but it sure seems to be a good amount of time, definitely enough to figure out where all the enemies are and where to place yourself to get the drop on them. It only really needs to last for 5 seconds or so for a good team to gather all the information necessary to find out the opposing teams' whereabouts and where they're headed. Also, I could see those previously mentioned nerfs put into effect, and her still being a really good choice unless they also dropped her to 150 hp. If a tracer or other attack character manages to flank her, as it is their job, it should basically be a free kill every single time. Currently it's basically a toss-up unless maybe you're reaper and get real close before taking your first shot. As-is, you can sneak up behind her and basically empty tracer's clips into her and if you don't get any headshots she's likely to keep living, at which point she can outplay you with her own machine gun or just throw a bomb in your face that will take half your health and then get out of there with her grappling hook (the classic Batman maneuver). If the fast characters who excel in close combat aren't good a against a sniper, then who is supposed to be?

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 15, 2016, 08:43:19 pm »
The main problem with Widow is that she's balanced for low level play and ridiculous at high level play. The opposite of Bastion, in a sense.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 15, 2016, 09:17:04 pm »
Pretty much yeah, Kafein.

Also Kaplan talking on next steps for Overwatch:
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745285677#post-12

Offline saccizord

• Baron
  • Renown: 120
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: VeraCruz
  • Game nicks: saccizord
« Reply #314 on: June 16, 2016, 02:06:33 am »
I just don't get how Widow has a rifle mode in her weapon that potentially deals more damage than Soldier 76's rifle