Author Topic: Game seems kinda laggy  (Read 1776 times)

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Game seems kinda laggy
« on: November 05, 2014, 11:13:21 pm »
+5
For the last while (few weeks, maybe couple of months), the EU server has seemed unusually laggy .. well, more than normal :P

Seeing lots (read, constantly) of cases of people warping through each other (so much so that when you see 3 or 4 guys fighting each other it looks like they're standing inside each other), and lots and lots of cases of animations just not playing and hits coming out of nowhere, or animations starting half way through their hit.

Now, this isn't like unplayably laggy, but it is pretty damn annoying :( ... any way to fix it devs?
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
Re: Game seems kinda laggy
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 12:30:02 am »
Yep its easy to check with lagometer 3rd party program, constant packet loss from serwer :cry:

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 01:56:42 pm »
+2
Just started playing onehander after patch and after hitting someone their hitbox can be in a completely different spot than the character model is. Allthough i think this has always been, even before patch, 1h's would all be fully on par in melee as pole/2h if everything just had consistent hitboxes. Also walking into people becoming one being and being hit through blocks because he is literally inside me, and its impossible to tell if thats only the model or of the actual hitbox is infront or behind me.

I've felt some lags though like a swing connecting very late (as polearm now) which i dont think ever happened to me before patch and i have a very stable connection.

Cant say if any of this is patch related though or just problems bound to the engine, that always existed and trying to relate it to patch is just qq
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline jergu

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 02:26:34 pm »
I think the polearm anims were changed a bit or so.. could be that
and about the lagginess, well if mckli is right and there's alot of packet loss because of the server then that could be your problem.

SOLUTIONS: Gib chadz monneh for better server (unless the packet loss is due to mckli's connection)
                     Just need to get used to new pole anims.

What i've experienced is that even if your monitor hrz is 60 (basically means it shows only 60fps) If you have unstable fps above 60 it can also seem laggy, I suggest limiting your fps with wse2 to 60 or whatever your monitor hrz is

« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 02:30:12 pm by jergu »

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 04:16:30 pm »
Just started playing onehander after patch and after hitting someone their hitbox can be in a completely different spot than the character model is. Allthough i think this has always been, even before patch, 1h's would all be fully on par in melee as pole/2h if everything just had consistent hitboxes. Also walking into people becoming one being and being hit through blocks because he is literally inside me, and its impossible to tell if thats only the model or of the actual hitbox is infront or behind me.

I've felt some lags though like a swing connecting very late (as polearm now) which i dont think ever happened to me before patch and i have a very stable connection.

Cant say if any of this is patch related though or just problems bound to the engine, that always existed and trying to relate it to patch is just qq

some people abuse this (e.g stand still or walk forward and constantly hit)

last few weeks ive been noticing major lagspikes (up to 666  :twisted: )
when i switch to eu 2 theres near to no lagg then
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 04:36:23 pm »
same here, today i have no idea how i hit kenda twice

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 05:12:39 pm »
+2
the worst bit for me is when people stand inside each other, and warp through you when you're trying to fight with them (happens literally all the time) ..

i don't know what causes this, is this something to do with the server being bad or the patch or what? :/

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 05:19:21 pm »
+3
Server is running on a TI-84 calculator.

Corsair normally I just :D when you QQ but for sure recently server has been losing packets, seeing packetloss at times in the 30% area, maybe this is my problem but I'm not seeing the same thing in anything else, from Warthunder to Minecraft to Path of Exile to LoL.

When people walk through you is YOU problem: you need to set firmer boundaries to your friends and learn when to say "No"
I don't know enough

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 05:26:52 pm »
+10
Server is running on a TI-84 calculator.

Corsair normally I just :D when you QQ but for sure recently server has been losing packets, seeing packetloss at times in the 30% area, maybe this is my problem but I'm not seeing the same thing in anything else, from Warthunder to Minecraft to Path of Exile to LoL.

When people walk through you is YOU problem: you need to set firmer boundaries to your friends and learn when to say "No"

I hear it's a huge problem on the duel server. Probably shouldn't go there any time soon Blindguy.

(click to show/hide)

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2014, 07:19:43 pm »
+3
Servers need reboot again.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Horns_Archive

• Earl
  • Renown: 439
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2014, 07:32:39 pm »
Have you tried giving them run?

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2014, 09:08:48 pm »
+2
seeing as we rarely ever get over 100 people on the server these days would it not be prudent to instead of renting a 240 man server which we never fill anyway, instead rent a 120 man, or even a 100 man server, which was faster?

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Nicko
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2014, 10:17:10 pm »
Yep, while using long maul, sometimes I hit people and miss the target even if the target didn't move, it just go through him. Sometimes I hit kms away of target and hit him, seems just random hitboxes.

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2014, 12:04:53 am »
+2
Rain is what totally messes the game up. Not some lag during a few minutes per week.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2014, 02:37:06 pm »
I hear it's a huge problem on the duel server. Probably shouldn't go there any time soon Blindguy.

(click to show/hide)

Funny coming from someone who cannot fight their way out of a paper bag even if you give them scissors.

Rain is what totally messes the game up. Not some lag during a few minutes per week.

You write this but you know how much faster your horse is gonna get #rekt in good weather by arrows?
I don't know enough