Author Topic: Fighting UIF  (Read 1916 times)

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
Re: Fighting UIF
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2014, 02:10:26 am »
this is sick, i'm not playing with u no more  :lol:

there is 95% chance that Druzhina wont play next/future strats and u will have ur 10v10 battles that u love so much, with no ppl to merc for either side
most of this strat we work in hibernate mode and playing other games, its more like work now then fun
start was good but very short, and then all got upset, went to NA, and didnt want us to have any fun, and then changed their mind and then came back and now will probably go back to na or make silly morning attacks.

PS: Please dont make any suggestions about how much fun it would be for us to split with greys and join up with mighty Kingrimm. Most of DRZ and GO consider outselves as one community/clan that split in language groups.

chadz WE NEED NEW GAME! Cmon hurry up!  :idea:
when UIF looks at you
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nebun

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2014, 12:10:26 pm »
1. I'm pretty sure OP was giving you a compliment
2. Why would anyone ever advise anyone to join up with Kingrimm? Ever?
3. Only the cool kids went to NA, and Woody's literally the only one who came back to EU (unless you count cooperation)
4. Cos i cant resist. Strat was only 'good but very short' cos you ignored it every time someone said you'd get bored the moment you'd wiped everyone

This was half trolling post
I wont bother explaining if u cant understand it.

when UIF looks at you

Offline QuisUtDeus

• Knight
  • Renown: 64
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2014, 12:50:30 pm »
+3
there is 95% chance that Druzhina wont play next/future strats and u will have ur 10v10 battles that u love so much, with no ppl to merc for either side

To be honest, i would prefer battles with non-complete rosters right now, if they involve nice RP and funny shit talking.

You see Nebun your silly spawn-rape doctrine or the fact that you always have high-class rosters is only part of the issue. What I personally really dislike is that you rofl-stomp clans with no RP whatsoever, no diplomacy too because you don't need that, and no funny shittalking (this is a language issue i assume?).

So then whats left? Dull tryhard-sperg-fighting, wow. Add to that the fact that strategus is not rewarding for the players - no real xp advantage compared to servers mostly, no gold rewards.

By now, there is not a single capable strat leader I know of  that will bother trying to form an anti-UIF .. we have worn out at least 3 guys (guess who! :)) that did try that, and that's only since strat 4.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 12:58:00 pm by QuisUtDeus »

Offline Nebun

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2014, 01:28:36 pm »
That means it was half serious too, which is a shame.

if feels like u read it as a manual :) who takes kingrimm serious really

PS: RP SUCKS :))
when UIF looks at you

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2014, 02:03:19 pm »
PS: RP SUCKS :))

I'm sorry. I have a different point of view. RP we had with Mercs was outstanding. Pity that they were banned for it. Admins have fucked up sense of humor  :mrgreen:

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2014, 04:44:06 pm »
no-fun-allowed uif-way of playing strat

WE had tons of fun   :D :D :D

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2014, 06:37:43 pm »
+7
I'm just gonna keep suggesting that in a new strat round, make losing a battle almost as rewarding as winning one, as long as you show up and fight it. Get rid of all the broken gear, item bombing, nighttimes, EU/NA seperation, slow trickle of gold and crap. Shower anyone who mercs in battles with Strat gold, let people recruit troops without needing "Strat ticks," make individual strat players more powerful by reducing the need of tons of logistical bullshit to equip and field armies.

Reason UIF have so much staying power is they are willing to play like a team not just in game but on Strat, which is great, but the headache of coordinating that many people for most factions is just too much. Instead balance the game around the idea of medium sized "warbands" that individual players can maintain and rebounce from big losses by recruiting and regearing easily, as long as they get rich by doing merc battles or basic trade and crap.

Let UIF players do whatever they want and get plenty of advantages over dysfunctional infighting factions and crap, but take the pressure off strat leaders who are forced to do too much to have fun with the game getting almost anything functional and bouncing back from defeats.

People resent UIF cuz they never seem to break down their teamwork and competence. And in my experience at least most NA players are hilariously inept, prone to afk'ing for months, aloof over depositing troops and gold, immediately become corrupted by any in game wealth and refuse to cooperate if they get more active.

Reward selfish indulgent lazy Strat players by keeping them more competitive with easier and more gold, troops, and a rework of how gear is bought so u don't need an excel spreadsheet of 100s of fiefs and shit to get anything done.

This will solve many problems with Strat's design, a lot of which UIF is unfairly blamed for.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2014, 03:10:01 pm »
+1
u don't need an excel spreadsheet of 100s of fiefs and shit to get anything done.

You mean that not everyone does it the way we (and the UIF) do it? :shock: :rolleyes: http://imgur.com/a/tY5YM/embed

But yeah, I agree with Smoothrich here on most points. Even though I personally like minmaxing the armies and trading, it's something that most people are not willing to do and it's time consuming and in the end relatively pointless. The main focus should be on the battles and movement on the map, not sitting inside fiefs waiting for a few production points to discount medium ladders. I wrote in the feedback thread on how I'd see Strategus working much better - without ticks, without item looming and with more exploration and roleplay.

I also agree that UIF gets a bad rap mostly for the reason that they are much more efficient doing trading and looming the gear that they'll use than the rest are. For us it was a challenge, but we were overwhelmed by the sheer numbers the UIF has on us. They wanted us to form a coalition with the rest of the factions that were not willing to do the tryhard spreadsheet sperg and that of course failed. Every NA faction would fail on EU map for the same reason, not willing to play the game "properly". Is that the fault of the UIF or the game itself?

The last problem that has arisen only in the last 9 months is that the quality of the UIF roster is now better than what the enemies can get. That's basically the final nail in the coffin for EU Strat. Not only are most factions outplayed on the map, but when they have the battles with 1:1 rosters, they lose every time.

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2014, 05:19:01 pm »
+2
I thought strat had ended ages ago  :lol:

That's what I get for ignoring the battles tab haha