Author Topic: Thought Process of cRPG  (Read 2374 times)

Offline RookieGladiator

• Knight
  • Renown: 39
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • *Puts on bucket* Let's go.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MurderBoner
  • Game nicks: RookieGladiator41259
Thought Process of cRPG
« on: October 28, 2014, 12:52:38 am »
+28
Cav: Polearm must be easy
Polearm: Two hand must be easy
TwoHander: Archer must be easy
Archer: Crossbow must be easy
Crossbowman: Throwing must be easy
Thrower: Shielder must be easy
Shielder: Swashbuckling must be easy
Swashbuckler: Cav must be easy

Conclusion- Everyone is a bitch.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 01:08:25 am by RookieGladiator »
Insert custom signature here.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
Re: Thought Process of cRPG
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 01:01:06 am »
+16
All classes: Archery must be for my old friends
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 01:06:05 am »
+5
All classes: Archery must be for my old friends

There is nothing wrong with this fair, logical assessment.

Nerf ranged again please

Offline Wolfsblood

• Baron
  • Renown: 145
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murder Boner
  • Game nicks: Wolfsblood_MB, Wolfsfang
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 01:09:39 am »

Conclusion- I is a bitch.

sounds about right :twisted:

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 01:35:18 am »
+9
Cav: Two hand must be easy
Polearm: Two hand must be easy
TwoHander: Two hand is so hard, omg so pro
Archer: Two hand must be easy
Crossbowman: Two hand must be easy
Thrower: Two hand must be easy
Shielder: Two hand must be easy
Swashbuckler: Two hand must be easy

Conclusion- Everyone is a bitch.

>ftfy

Offline j3st3r

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 07:23:50 am »

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 07:44:05 am »
+8
The five steps of retirement:

Denial — As the reality of level loss is hard to face, one of the first reactions to follow the retirement is Denial. The player is trying to shut out the reality or magnitude of his/her situation, and begins to develop a false, preferable reality.

Anger — Once in the second gen, the player recognizes that denial cannot continue. Because of anger, the player is very difficult to care for due to misplaced feelings of rage and envy. The player in question can be angry with himself, or with other players, or at the admins, and especially those who are on the item balance team. Certain psychological responses of a player undergoing this gen would be: "Why me? It's not fair!"; "How can this happen to me?"; '"Who is to blame?"; "Why would chadz let this happen?"

Bargaining — The third stage involves the hope that the player can somehow undo or avoid a cause of grief. Usually, the negotiation for a free respec is made with a higher power in exchange for a reformed playstyle. Other times, they will use anything valuable as a bargaining chip against another player to extend or prolong their previous gen. In essence, the individual cannot totally move into acceptance yet acknowledges the fact that what has happened cannot be undone. Players facing less serious trauma can bargain or seek to negotiate a compromise. For example, one may say "Can I still sign up for strat battles?" when facing a full roster. Bargaining rarely provides a sustainable solution, especially if it is a matter of gold or looms.

Depression — "I'm so sad, why bother with anything?"; "I'm going to die soon so what's the point?"; "I miss my old clanmates, why go on?" During the fourth gen, the grieving player begins to understand the certainty of retirement. Much like the existential concept of The Void, the idea of grinding to a high level becomes pointless. Things begin to lose meaning to the player. Because of this, the individual may become silent, refuse Steam messages and spend much of the time crying and playing other games. This process allows the grieving player to disconnect from things of love and affection, possibly in an attempt to avoid further trauma. Depression could be referred to as the dress rehearsal for the 'aftermath'. It is a kind of acceptance with emotional attachment. It is natural to feel sadness, regret, fear, and uncertainty when going through character retirement. Feeling those emotions shows that the player has begun to accept the situation. Oftentimes, this is the ideal path to take, to find closure and make their ways to the fifth step, Acceptance.

Acceptance — "It's going to be okay."; "I can't fight it, I may as well prepare for it." In this last stage, players begin to come to terms with their new build or inevitable future patches, or losing a strat battle, or other tragic event. This stage varies according to the player's situation. People retiring can enter this stage a long time before the character they play is ready to retire again. The character must pass through their own individual stages of dealing with getting reset to level 1. This typically comes with a calm, retrospective view for the character, and a stable mindset.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 08:03:13 am »
+1

Shielder: Swashbuckling must be easy

??

swash: Origin; mid 16th century (in the sense 'make a noise like swords clashing or beating on shields'): imitative.

buckle: Origin: Middle English: from Old French (escu) bocler, literally '(shield) with a boss', from bocle 'buckle, boss'

Combined? A man who makes a noise by hitting his shield with his sword. His SHIELD, with his sword. HIS SHIELD.
I don't know enough

Offline Johnnyfirs

• Earl
  • Renown: 351
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Rain Meat
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
  • Game nicks: Hugtand, milkman_whos_had_enough
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 12:00:24 pm »
+2
??

swash: Origin; mid 16th century (in the sense 'make a noise like swords clashing or beating on shields'): imitative.

buckle: Origin: Middle English: from Old French (escu) bocler, literally '(shield) with a boss', from bocle 'buckle, boss'

Combined? A man who makes a noise by hitting his shield with his sword. His SHIELD, with his sword. HIS SHIELD.

Swashbucklers are pure 1handers.

www.youtube.com/johnnyfirs
My feelings regenerate at twice the speed of a normal man.

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 12:51:04 pm »
played swashbuckler with a italian sword and light armor for 3 gens and it was surprisingly nice to play, but now with near to every build i take, with my now +3 gilded heavy aketon i get 1hit by most players so i switched to shield just this gen D:
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 01:46:25 pm »
Swashbucklers are pure 1handers.

Only, as I showed, they aren't. A swashbuckler is someone WITH a shield :D l2english bros, a 1hander is a 1hander, not a swashbuckler :D

Also, I don't get this obsession, and same I dont understand when people scrabble for shields off of the floor from corpses, when there's no archers shooting at them... SHIELDS ARE NOT FOR FIGHTING. I don't understand at all why anyone would carry a device they can almost instantly use to stop incoming ranged dmg from 120 degrees conically, and then get it broken in a melee. There's a dedicated button for drop shield.

I invest 8 skillpoints into shields on my 1hander: doesn't make sense to be able to afford to ignore ranged manbumming when I choose. But even with 8 s-s and my +3 shield, it's still got a limit to melee dmg it can take, any axe is going to do bigtime damage, why not drop it and block it with my unbreakable blocking tool, my weapon...

TL:DR version is 1handers are cool, AND to counter that they get short weak slow weapons they can choose to carry items to stop ranged damage. Shields are to soak up ammo, not block melee, get on my lvl scrubs :D
I don't know enough

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2014, 07:20:57 pm »
+4
Only, as I showed, they aren't. A swashbuckler is someone WITH a shield :D l2english bros, a 1hander is a 1hander, not a swashbuckler :D

Also, I don't get this obsession, and same I dont understand when people scrabble for shields off of the floor from corpses, when there's no archers shooting at them... SHIELDS ARE NOT FOR FIGHTING. I don't understand at all why anyone would carry a device they can almost instantly use to stop incoming ranged dmg from 120 degrees conically, and then get it broken in a melee. There's a dedicated button for drop shield.

I invest 8 skillpoints into shields on my 1hander: doesn't make sense to be able to afford to ignore ranged manbumming when I choose. But even with 8 s-s and my +3 shield, it's still got a limit to melee dmg it can take, any axe is going to do bigtime damage, why not drop it and block it with my unbreakable blocking tool, my weapon...

TL:DR version is 1handers are cool, AND to counter that they get short weak slow weapons they can choose to carry items to stop ranged damage. Shields are to soak up ammo, not block melee, get on my lvl scrubs :D

Idk what you are smoking (probably crack), but I block melee attacks with my shield all the time. Also there are plenty of military formation that depend on shields to block melee, such as a phalanx.

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2014, 01:15:28 am »
+7
??

LOOKIE HERE M8

I DON'T THINK YOU KNOW WHAT A REAL SWASHBOOGLER IS, SO YOU CAN L2ENGRISH

A REAL SWASHBOOGLER ISN'T SOME NERD WHO BEATS ON A SHIELD

IT'S A MAN WITH BOTH:
(click to show/hide)

That's a buckler, mind you.

Anyhow, if someone is waltzing around town with a buckler and a sword, they way he'd carry the pair is in fact done as portrayed in cRPG (both on le hip, unless you're a hipster buckler wearer and wear it on the other hip (you see what I did there?)).

When you be walking around, m8, they clank together. Hence, swashboogling.

Quote from: BlindNerd
SHIELDS ARE NOT FOR FIGHTING.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2014, 08:19:28 pm »
+9
I see no shield and this image came first when I googled "swashbuckler".
So THIS is a swashbuckler:

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2014, 08:43:58 pm »
+1
Um... language changes.  A swash buckler probably was a shielder, but then shields became passe  but the name stayed.  Just like knight came from cniht, which means 'boy, youth, servant'.  So saying a swashbuckler needs a shield is like saying a knight needs to be a 13 year old servant.