Poll

In comparison to Strategus 5, I would like Strategus 6 to... (check all options you agree with)

Have higher item prices
5 (0.6%)
Have lower item prices
69 (7.8%)
Keep prices the same
6 (0.7%)
Have a faster rate of troop production
46 (5.2%)
Have a lower rate of troop production
4 (0.5%)
Keep troop production the same
26 (2.9%)
Have faster map movement speed
44 (5%)
Have slower map movement speed
3 (0.3%)
Keep map movement speed the same
29 (3.3%)
Have a fief voting system
35 (4%)
Have a fief AI system
44 (5%)
Have a new system for initially getting fiefs (post your alternative)
10 (1.1%)
Increase crime increase rate/effect/threshold
7 (0.8%)
Decrease crime increase rate/effect/threshold (or remove altogether)
62 (7%)
Keep crime the same
11 (1.2%)
Have more fiefs
38 (4.3%)
Have less fiefs
18 (2%)
Keep the # of fiefs the same
26 (2.9%)
Increase troop upkeep
14 (1.6%)
Decrease troop upkeep
33 (3.7%)
Keep troop upkeep the same
30 (3.4%)
Require more time playing to get ticks
6 (0.7%)
Require less time playing to get ticks
45 (5.1%)
Keep tick earning rate the same
31 (3.5%)
Allow factions to remotely set item restrictions in fiefs (hint: this would effectively fix gear bug)
70 (7.9%)
Disallow factions from remotely setting item restrictions in fiefs
4 (0.5%)
Increase night time hour settings
25 (2.8%)
Decrease night time hour settings
7 (0.8%)
Remove night time settings altogether
32 (3.6%)
Keep night time settings as they are
17 (1.9%)
Overall, be a more difficult round than Strategus 5
13 (1.5%)
Overall, be a more casual round than Strategus 5
62 (7%)
Overall, be just as difficult/casual as Strategus 5
13 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Ultimate Strat 5 Feedback Thread W/ Poll  (Read 3987 times)

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
Ultimate Strat 5 Feedback Thread W/ Poll
« on: October 27, 2014, 04:23:39 pm »
+10
Sorry for spamming you a link to this page. Poll coming shortly. Please vote for all options that you agree with. Only vote once for each category--I.E. don't vote yes to more crime and yes to less crime.

The poll is just for general subjects, if you have something specific that isn't addressed there then post it in a response to the thread.

Hey guys use this thread to give devs a good source of feedback in the form of votes and stated opinions so that they can see our final opinions before strat 6 is released. Link your friends!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 04:35:08 pm by Daruvian »

• King
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Strat 5 Feedback Thread W/ Poll
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 04:48:57 pm »
Fixing it so that you can vote enough times in a second here.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 04:49:32 pm »
+1
Radio buttons don't lend well to multiple choices, check boxes are what you wanted (mr. fancy pants)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 04:54:18 pm »
+1
Poll fixed and re-added.

Offline Snufalufagus

• Earl
  • Renown: 320
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Snuffy, Snufalufagus, Sexy Cupid, Charlie_Sheen Sir Lord Gentleman Snuffy
  • IRC nick: Snufalufagus
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 05:10:55 pm »
+2
Can't vote, but would vote casual!  More of an xp thing with fun donkey wars and such!
Im your imaginary friend...

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moonshine, Cruxton
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 05:38:16 pm »
+2
Time slot system for battles.  I get the fact that people live all over the world.  I'd suggest battle settings split into four six hour blocks, based on GMT.  Midnight to six AM, six AM to 12 PM, 12 PM to 6 PM, and 6 PM to 12 AM.  Each strat player is required to select the time that best suits them.  This is their night time settings.  I'd suggest a restriction that you can only change it once every 7 days.  Similar to the hero There's also a cushion of 1-3 hours on each side of the window that a battle could be slotted, just in case there is overflow.

Basically, if two people in the same slot are involved in a battle, the battle takes place in that time frame via a time slot battle.  Right now, battles are scarce, and people need to worry about whether or not they will make it for their battle.  Battles at 4 AM, or 9 AM, or 11 AM... suck.  The person that builds the army should get a say in when the fight takes place. 

Reinforcement window stays the same.  This way ambushes can still happen.  The fight happens during 'prime time' but caravans are still at risk. 

The community can say, all battles should be during this window, but each community can decide when the window will be.

Shitty scenario 1:  If 'A' attacks 'B', and 'A' has 12 am to 6 am, 'B' has 12 PM to 6 PM, it shifts the battle to an equally awkward time slot for both parties.

Shitty scenario 2:  A's is 12 PM to 6 PM, B's is 6 PM to 12 AM, that's what the overflow is for.  Battle takes place in the overflow window between the two. 

thoughts?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 06:18:57 pm by Balikar »

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 06:06:17 pm »
Can you add devs that actually enforce the rules?  Right now the basic message i got from Harald and cmpx is they don't care enough about cheating on strategus (or strategus in general for that matter to do real changes) so they will not enforce anything anymore.  Cheat as much as you like, item bombing etc.  they will reset but change little to nothing and not monitor in any way.  I think its because because EU strat always dies and they don't care about NA.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Malgalad

• Count
  • Renown: 178
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 12:04:29 am »
+6
 :idea: Decrease loom point requirement of light armor.

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 12:08:06 am »
+9
I would ditch the crime mechanic entirely, replacing it with a simple cap to the number of troops that you can put inside a fief, which increases based in the fief type.

I would automate trade between fiefs, ala Rome Total War. Allow faction leaders to chose which fief their cities trade with, maybe. Or, simply make it an "oprn/closed" option, plus an adjustable tax.

You could either overlay this ontop of the current trade system, or replace it.

I would find an alternate means of generating ticks. As I've bitched before: fighting in the battle server to make troops makes no sense and effectively isolates the mechanic from the Strat map.

I would do the battle tine-slit automated thing, as Frank suggests.

I would eliminate item degradation, and make items not be less than normal loom level.

I've elsewhere suggested that you systematize valor into something that generates troops. That's a maybe.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moonshine, Cruxton
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 02:19:50 am »
+1
I would eliminate item degradation, and make items not be less than normal loom level.

I'd have to say that item degradation is needed.  Items need to pass out of the system, and get replaced.  I do however, agree that it needs to degrade slower.  I'd drop them one level per battle they are used in, not two.  That enables more battles, especially with the current gear prices. 

Offline Yoshi

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • Glory to Yoshi!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Yoshi Clan
  • Game nicks: Chairman_Yoshi
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 03:58:07 am »
+4
I think that Strat should be more casual in general so that people are able to keep playing without having to put as much time and effort into it. It would let more people be able to fight more so you don't have as many factions sitting around and farming for late game. It would also allow for smaller factions (like Yoshi :P) to be able to put up a fight against larger ones.
Terrible fucking names terrible fucking video game. character, stupid banner. You will be extinct like your amoeba brained brethren. This all could have been avoided if your banner was the little Jason voorhees looking characters from super Mario brothers 3. You dug your own graves now lay in it!

Offline elvis1325

• Earl
  • Renown: 368
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • #REMEMBERYOSHI
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The People's Republic of Yoshi
  • Game nicks: Taril_Yoshi_III, Taril_the_Yoshi_Conscript
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2014, 04:03:46 am »
+1
I think that Strat should be more casual in general so that people are able to keep playing without having to put as much time and effort into it. It would let more people be able to fight more so you don't have as many factions sitting around and farming for late game. It would also allow for smaller factions (like Yoshi :P) to be able to put up a fight against larger ones.
No, no, no. The problem is, WE need to be bigger no lives and spend our day farming strat ticks and shit. We need MORE time and effort, not less. We need to become less like plebs and more like full time crpg strat lords. Strategus separates the peasants from the men. I will grow a neckbeard if I have to, I will conform to strategus not t'other way 'round.

Edit: Don't worry, I voted for casual strat.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 01:21:02 pm by elvis1325 »

On the grand scale of Dwarven global threat assessment, Acre is currently ranked pretty low. Just slightly below Yoshis and factions that no longer exist.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2014, 04:38:58 am »
+6
More fiefs would just make fiefs useless with the low amount of players we have over here.

I voted for fewer fiefs, and am quite curious why most people seemed to have voted for more fiefs. Fewer fiefs allows for the fewer people in our community to be able to actually manage them, and of course there is more conflict when you are fighting over a more limited resource.

Things I would like to see implemented:

1) An "appoint steward" function. This basically allows you to appoint a non-existent person to run your fief for you, which really just means that you can manage your fief from anywhere on the map. With the crpg community as a whole shrinking, especially those who could give a rat's ass about strat, it would be nice for anyone who owns a fief to be able to leave the fief and go on trade runs and such (assuming those will be as necessary as they are now in future iterations of strat) without the risk of getting intercepted and having their fief raped. Maybe this ability can only be used once per week and will only last 12 hours or something so you can leave the fief for only short periods of time... maybe all of your fief management actions also take a certain amount of time before they are done (those carrier pigeons take time to fly, after all).

2) Fiefs have pre-determined economies at the beginning of strat. Perhaps don't even allow respeccing or further changing of their economy at all (maybe allow for increasing the prosperity, but keep the goods' price the same). This way, if you need a sell village in the southeast, but X Y and Z factions own all of them, you need to work out a deal or go to war with them in order to be able to use it. This will hopefully lead to more conflict as factions seek to expand their economies.

3) Anything that promotes conflict.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 10:54:03 pm by Jona »

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline cup457

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RavenR_cup457
  • IRC nick: cup457
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2014, 06:36:47 am »
if there is 2 or 3 fiefs for a 10 man clan they might actually be encourage to go fight for more
CUP CLAN BEST CLAN
Okay, I need your protection, your love. :P

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2014, 06:43:28 am »
+2
3) Anything that promotes conflict.

(click to show/hide)
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"