Author Topic: Revival patch: Que!?  (Read 1604 times)

Offline Jaren

• Earl
  • Renown: 303
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
Revival patch: Que!?
« on: October 21, 2014, 05:29:33 pm »
+2
Perhaps this post has already gone through the rationalizations of others to a degree; but, I'm aloof to all that business, haven't been forum rummaging lately.

My question... Thoughts, and sense of bummed out misgivings has come from being on the cusp of 34 to 35 for some time, I just hadn't put back the effort to pick back up and finish the grind.
I return to a patch, a plethora of players and an increase in my stats and level!?! That's cool shit and all... but I have no way of perceiving how close or far I should have been in this new exp system. Besides the fact that instead of having a short grind to 35 to go I now stare down a daunting amount of exp with no title reward or loom reward in sight for quite some time.

To be quite frank I feel cheated of my title and rewards which I had assured within reach, the grind is no joke, and having it all thrown back in my face as a restart of a 'Master' Title, one which I've previously acquired and now have to redo that effort is fucked.

I'm angry and ignorant to the changes or what necessity brought around possible level resets
So instead of flying off a handle or quitting, please someone enlighten me.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Prinz_Karl

• Earl
  • Renown: 383
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Fridericus_II
Re: Revival patch: Que!?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 05:32:30 pm »
+6
Who cares about titles?

I only see alot of pink text in servers when I play and never care what it says lol. I guess it's only for you to think eveyrone is caring about it, but really no one does.

Offline Lannistark

• Duke
  • Renown: 586
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Duke
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 05:34:15 pm »
Check properly your stats in the website. Level 35 is the new 31.

Actually it takes less xp to reach retirement than before. In-game stats are bugged, showing the xp needed is like 170 million, when in reality is 7 or so.

Offline Jaren

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 05:37:20 pm »
Who cares about titles?

I only see alot of pink text in servers when I play and never care what it says lol. I guess it's only for you to think eveyrone is caring about it, but really no one does.
Well, that answered nothing, thank you sir. Move along.

Check properly your stats in the website. Level 35 is the new 31.

Actually it takes less xp to reach retirement than before. In-game stats are bugged, showing the xp needed is like 170 million, when in reality is 7 or so.
That makes a bit more sense, but that doesn't explain how being a short amount from that next cusp in levels from 34-35 suddenly reset in a less exp system.

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 05:42:17 pm »
If it was chore playing yet you played for hundreds of hours or if you play for anything other than fun bin your PC now and seek mental help.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 05:43:02 pm »
+1
Though I may not agree, this complaint is actually readable, instead of something that makes me want to bathe after reading it. So it gets a +1 for style.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Jaren

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 05:45:44 pm »
If you were 34, nearly 35, then your new level is 37. Be happy with it!

The patch introduced new amounts of exp per limit, your total exp has been saved so you havent lost anything. It's just been applied to the new level boundaries (and has put you at a higher level). Be glad they moved everyone according to exp, and not just 'he was nearly lvl 35, so let's put him at *nearly* 35 post-patch' without considering that lvl 35 takes much less exp now.

"Rejoice, the playing level has changed." sort of mentality, don't you think? I don't care that I'm more powerful now, I was powerful before. Really I'm just an earner like many of you others, I enjoy acquiring shit.
I'll restate, having my progression from going to get 7-8 looms forgot which it is for 35 at the time I just gotta kick back and re-convince myself that that multi-month'ed grind wasn't spent wasted.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 05:50:32 pm by Jaren »

Offline Jaren

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 05:48:01 pm »
If it was chore playing yet you played for hundreds of hours or if you play for anything other than fun bin your PC now and seek mental help.
I'm gonna assume something was lost in translation, but I sort of understand. It is a chore, everything you do in life can be compared to such it's just your point of view.
Chore, task, goal whatever you wanna call it... I had one for more gear for both myself and my alts.

Was I happy to do it? Yes.
Was it fun? Yes.

But that's a lot of grind to suddenly be mist.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 05:55:31 pm »
+3
Jaren, I understand your current disenchantment with the idea of grinding xp to get the looms you thought were coming. At this point, you can either retire at earlier levels and achieve the same end result or keep going for another higher level to get the looms you were seeking. While this is not ideal, there was a lot of warning for this upcoming patch and maybe you should've just retired when it was announced and taken the 5 looms or whatever you would've got. Just ideas brother don't hate me. Also, can someone post the loom/xp levels in this thread if they have them handy so he can see what it actually is now.

Thanks,
Bronto

Offline Jaren

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2014, 06:23:33 pm »
+1
Jaren, I understand your current disenchantment with the idea of grinding xp to get the looms you thought were coming. At this point, you can either retire at earlier levels and achieve the same end result or keep going for another higher level to get the looms you were seeking. While this is not ideal, there was a lot of warning for this upcoming patch and maybe you should've just retired when it was announced and taken the 5 looms or whatever you would've got. Just ideas brother don't hate me. Also, can someone post the loom/xp levels in this thread if they have them handy so he can see what it actually is now.

Thanks,
Bronto

That's the key information I wasn't aware of, I've been in the process of a move recently and haven't had time to really check out the game lately. If there was information making this known then I did miss the opportunity which is frustrating, but that's life. The patch did a significant amount enough to revive my own entertainment with the game. I do appreciate the knowledge, Bronto.

Back to the game, and like Bronto's stated if someone does have that information as far as the current experience levels and their requirements available that'd be greatly appreciated!

Offline Ragnar_Ulfson

• Count
  • Renown: 185
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ulfson
  • IRC nick: Ulfson
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2014, 06:25:21 pm »
+1
Bronto,

Stop ordering us around to do stuff you're too lazy too.

Rekt

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2014, 07:05:30 pm »
+1
I love you too guys.

The only person I give orders to is
(click to show/hide)

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2014, 07:21:00 pm »
+2
http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/upcoming-'revival'-patch/

Couldn't quote and was to lazy to fix that fucked up copy pasta I got, so here.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2014, 08:25:00 pm »
The standard of English is generally so good I forget that for most it is a second language and use relatively complicated phrasing.

Offline Jaren

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2014, 08:33:18 pm »
Sorry Woody, I felt I followed what you were saying, if I did not then forgive my misunderstanding.

Either way, I said my peace. It's just daunting to once be looking at a bar that was short of Grandmaster and looms to a new view of
145,219,496 ----------- (38) 657,839,195
Thanks, Voncrow for them links yo.

And to that note on exp.

35   180,977,644 -------- 7,999,020 Retirements start from here, 1 LP. The new STF level.
36   418,780,850 --------- 24,759,164 3 LP, Veteran.
37   1,003,125,954 -------- 110,099,555 5 LP, Master.
38   657,839,195 8 LP, Grandmaster.
39   5,047,436,449 - 13 LP, Legendary.
Seems fucky.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 08:43:18 pm by Jaren »