Author Topic: About the MW items for new players.  (Read 2238 times)

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
About the MW items for new players.
« on: October 20, 2014, 09:07:51 pm »
+15
Some people are moaning and whinning about why new players get 4 mw, others say they started weeks ago and they get nothing. Others believe they have been cheated coz they have been working bla bla bla (lame). So, since these arent very nice looms, arent transfer and are low level.. Why not just giving everyone 4 of these. It could promote playing with low level weapons (a plus for noobs) and everyone would stop complaining about it in the servers. Thanks.
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: About the MW items for new players.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 09:08:23 am »
+5
Certainly worth it if it shuts them up :lol:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline WarLord

• Earl
  • Renown: 354
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 10:18:28 am »
I personally really don't give a damn, but: I know of several Gen 20-30 players, people that play this mod for 1 or 2 ++ years that got 4 +3 items, plus newer people that got none.

Seems that the formula the item handout was depended on is utterly broken, which is not nice.

I think it's fine that new people get some little presents, but it should work properly.  :arrow:

Offline bavvoz

• Earl
  • Renown: 323
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bavvo
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 10:23:53 am »
+3
Ppl are crybabies, they will only find other things to cry about :D

Offline LEKIS

• Earl
  • Renown: 359
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lekismurderer
  • IRC nick: Lekis
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 10:58:41 am »
+1
4 years coming up.
got 1 +3, the rest I get from the armory (also put all my gold from my former looms in the armory EDIT: bank, I mean bank).

looms are overrated, I bet warlord can beat the living shit out of players without looms as with looms, it only becomes a bit harder ;)

Looms < Skill
The day will come! Hordes of communist mechanical bears mounted by muslim liberal gay black in spanishs, bringing destruction to the visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Land Of The Free . Prepare yourself America!

Offline WarLord

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 11:02:14 am »
Well yes, I do play with unloomed stuff from time to time anyway, as I said, I don't care. But the system is broken, nonetheless  :?

Offline Hellsing

• Count
  • Renown: 209
  • Infamy: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 11:37:44 am »
Just don't care about it and keep playing instead.
You can realize that this "power peasents" still act and play like peasents..
Give dem more funny looms like stones or something like this, would increase their strength alot  :lol:
I'm not joking, tried it with stf and lvl 35 (with unloomed stones darts (thiz stones are mine :twisted:))
(click to show/hide)

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 12:09:05 pm »
I personally really don't give a damn, but: I know of several Gen 20-30 players, people that play this mod for 1 or 2 ++ years that got 4 +3 items, plus newer people that got none.

Seems that the formula the item handout was depended on is utterly broken, which is not nice.

I think it's fine that new people get some little presents, but it should work properly.  :arrow:

Seriously, how can you only have 4 +3 items if you are Gen 20-30? I am Gen 24 and I have 30+ +3 items. Even if you didn't use the marketplace at all you should have 7-10 +3 items. Your own fault if you were too stupid to get some looms after such a long time.

Offline Hellsing

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 12:26:11 pm »
Seriously, how can you only have 4 +3 items if you are Gen 20-30? I am Gen 24 and I have 30+ +3 items. Even if you didn't use the marketplace at all you should have 7-10 +3 items. Your own fault if you were too stupid to get some looms after such a long time.

Hmm as I can speak only for myself I only played on usual Servers as medium player.
Starting as a peasent for ages, without participating in any strat battle.
After this system changed and players firstly got items, and the game started I kept playing to ~level 30 with severel retires in it without any use of it (respec wasn't there this time).
Lost around 2Gens just because my several retires. Also I started to use 2-3 alts and griend them to ~level 28 just to try different weapons. Always included were several very long taking offs the game.
So here I'm nowadays Gen 10 with my mainchar, started to play him dec 2010 and have 3 masterpieces, 1 reinforced and 2 loompoints (2nd char on gen2). I have played 2short strat battles, with nearly no fun at all (taking down flags and shit) so I nearly never was truely interested in it. Marketplace transactions where I exchanged my +3 items for another +3 item were mostly unfair for me or just fair item for item.
And griending as midskilled veteran is not always dat easy as for the always winning.
But it's still fun! :)
As I said bevore, peasents still peasents. They cant do anything expect one or two better peasents.. :D
Enjoy the new shit, try new builds that seem to make fun for you :)

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2014, 12:37:18 pm »
give them to peoples that have less than 4 looms and make sure that they lose them when they have more than 4 total looms
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline WarLord

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2014, 12:37:35 pm »
+2

You didn't understand a single word of my post  :P

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2014, 12:49:33 pm »
+3
what new players

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2014, 01:13:28 pm »
what looms do new players get?
also, I played 3 years without even gaining 2 looms,
(constant respeccing, never having multi, never participating strat battles, and selling my first 2 lp's)
i think im near to my 4th year now, I think i ''quit'' just before the ''great patch'' where everyone lost their gens with retiring at level 15 or somt

just this year i started to play more seriously and now im gen 14 with my main acc, and have 8 mw's *used the marketplace alot, and got 1M gold from Apri as a present to help me get looms :) *
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2014, 01:21:27 pm »
i think instead of attract new players , this patch should focus on keep 1-2 months old players that could have give up cause  of the grind and such.
sadly the only way to enjoying the mod is get skilled on parrying or die repeatedly as archer/shielder.
i mean enjoy the combat , to fully enjoy the mod we must go back in the past wehn strategus was active and clan wars were going on..
new players get a nice boost but it surely don't represent a valid reason to start playing an old mod of an old game imho.

Offline Hellsing

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2014, 02:01:19 pm »
They recive 4 crappy random +3 including +3 1hand, +3 body armour, +3 polearm and something else I fergot about and dont even care about. They cant handle with these items like a Cora.