Author Topic: Please increase XP/gold on Siege  (Read 799 times)

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
Please increase XP/gold on Siege
« on: October 10, 2014, 10:18:44 pm »
+5
So my beloved NA2 is basically dead, and the reason everyone on NA1 gives for why they don't want to play on NA2 is that the XP/gold are so bad compared to battle. They would rather sit on battle watching the same 1-2 HAs waste half of every round than play a game mode they actually enjoy more, because they get long multi streaks while watching these equestrian archery videos.

So my plea to devs/balancers: make siege XP/gold as good as battle. I don't care how you do it (less stringent valor requirements, raise min multi, less team switching, remove repairs when under 8 players, etc), because I doubt I'll gain another level before this mod dies so I don't care about XP/gold myself. But I want to ride out the death of the mod playing some classic native siege maps with my cRPG siegebros.

Thanks

Offline Azuma

• Count
  • Renown: 160
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Stop QQ Get a shield !
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores, RdF, Ninja, Norse
  • Game nicks: "Pecores_Tatsumaru_Azuma","Ninja_Rikimaru_Azuma","Norse_Azuma", etc...
  • IRC nick: Azuma
Re: Please increase XP/gold on Siege
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 03:09:42 am »
Come on Eu2, there is ~80/120 person, for only 60/80 on EU1 :p

It's double xp everywhere and you are always in X2, in siege. :)
Stop QQ Get A Shield !

(click to show/hide)

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 07:50:04 pm »
Boost siege rewards and instead of 50 people on NA1 you will have 20 on NA2 and 30 on NA1.

Not the best way to go I guess.

If you enjoy siege then hop on EU2, during your evening there surely will be people left playing there.

(I know, ping sucks. But once you get used to it it is not that bad)
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 07:52:27 pm »
EU2 is simply superior. I go there when I want some siege.

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 03:46:46 am »

But 300+ ping :(
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 08:18:22 am »
I get more gold and xp out of siege... like every time. Especially when you land on a conquest map with an x5 on defence and hold the line for 40min...
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 01:30:24 pm »
+1
Boost siege rewards and instead of 50 people on NA1 you will have 20 on NA2 and 30 on NA1.

Not the best way to go I guess.
I don't think it works like that. More like:
Boost siege rewards and instead of 50 people on NA1 you will have 30 people on NA2 and 40 on NA1.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 08:26:32 am »
I don't think it works like that. More like:
Boost siege rewards and instead of 50 people on NA1 you will have 30 people on NA2 and 40 on NA1.

Pretty much this. Whenever NA siege gets up and active so many players just crawl out of the woodwork. Sure it takes the 10 or so guys from NA1 to leave and start up siege, but then players just accumulate over time, showing up out of nowhere.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2014, 03:22:44 pm »

I gave EU2 a chance again last night (I had forgot about it honestly), and there is some fun to be had. But 120+ ping makes the combat feel so awkward, I was limited to playing support (run in and stab someone when I had a chance). 1v1 or group fights are awful when a third of your blocks/swings just never occur thanks to packet loss. Not knowing anyone takes away a lot of the fun too.

Jona is right; there are a lot of people like me that will play siege when it's populated, but usually I'd rather go do projects around the house than play Battle. Watching the same 2 HAs delay for 2+ mins every round makes you reassess how you spend your limited leisure time.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 09:38:49 pm »
I gave EU2 a chance again last night (I had forgot about it honestly), and there is some fun to be had. But 120+ ping makes the combat feel so awkward, I was limited to playing support (run in and stab someone when I had a chance). 1v1 or group fights are awful when a third of your blocks/swings just never occur thanks to packet loss. Not knowing anyone takes away a lot of the fun too.

Jona is right; there are a lot of people like me that will play siege when it's populated, but usually I'd rather go do projects around the house than play Battle. Watching the same 2 HAs delay for 2+ mins every round makes you reassess how you spend your limited leisure time.

We had siege up and running for a long while almost all of yesterday afternoon and late into last night... don't tell me you missed out on that to go play in EU?  :shock:

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2014, 09:41:48 pm »
We had siege up and running for a long while almost all of yesterday afternoon and late into last night... don't tell me you missed out on that to go play in EU?  :shock:

No, I just popped in EU2 for like 2 rounds right after patch hit (mid-day). NA2 was empty at the time. Then I had house/family stuff to do all evening, as usual.

I typically can play for an hour or so at around 8PM EST, and sometimes mid-day on weekends. Unfortunately, those are not times NA2 is typically populated. Hope the patch changes that!

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2014, 09:44:47 pm »
All I can think of is +2 multi if you win. Don't have any good ideas really. Have to be careful not to kill off EU1, too.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2014, 09:46:21 pm »
+1
No, I just popped in EU2 for like 2 rounds right after patch hit (mid-day). NA2 was empty at the time. Then I had house/family stuff to do all evening, as usual.

I typically can play for an hour or so at around 8PM EST, and sometimes mid-day on weekends. Unfortunately, those are not times NA2 is typically populated. Hope the patch changes that!

Well looking at the numbers we had online yesterday (70 in battle and 30 in siege... think it got up to a tad over 100 in battle with maybe 20 in siege at primetime) the patch was definitely a little bit of a revival, however I am afraid most of those players popped in to see what the "new" crpg was like, how their builds worked out, etc. Similar to how you just hopped onto EU2 for a little bit to test things out. Only time will tell if all the new/old players who showed up will stick around or not once the hype dies down. And yesterday, anyways, we had maybe 35-40 guys in siege around 8pm... hopefully we can get an encore tonight.

All I can think of is +2 multi if you win. Don't have any good ideas really. Have to be careful not to kill off EU1, too.

Yeah, the reason siege will always have a hard time getting any "special treatment" is because it tends to be equally as popular, if not more so, than battle over in euroland. Sucks for us siege players in NA...

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2014, 10:10:01 pm »
+1

Problem with NA2 isn't getting people to stay once it's populated (now that the map rotation is OK), it's getting those first 8 people to join. I say at least remove upkeep while "teams not fair", since it's just duel server with upkeep when there are less than 8 players. Valor needs to be more attainable on siege as well; playing battle recently, I've been appalled at some of the awful rounds that still yield valor (kill a donkey then die=valor, punch a peasant then die=valor, etc). Siege valor only occurs if there is a ninja-cap in the first minute or someone is in a really advantageous position (mauling on the lone choke point, for instance). Most 100+ point rounds don't even sniff valor, because even the peasants got 40+ points just standing near the action.

I've always thought siege should ditch the multi system in favor of DTV-style end-round rewards anyway, although maybe with some individual bonuses en lieu of valor.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 06:19:36 pm by Phew »