Author Topic: Shield usage on duel server  (Read 5372 times)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
Re: Shield usage on duel server
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2014, 10:45:04 pm »
+2
melee combat (you know, the entire point of the game).

Wrong.

If you don't like dueling someone that has a shield, STFU and bring an axe next time, or just swing around the shield/kick like the good duelists do. And chill with the elitism about what you consider "real" dueling.

True!

My first quote was meant to introduce my opinion that all playable classes are equally authorized in all gamemodes, so I support you on shield usage in duel server. As in all other things.
In battle/siege servers everyone's forced to fight every kind of builds of the opposing team, so there is more room for rage, but in duel server you CHOOSE your duels. If you dont like someone's playstyle its extremely childish to bother him, when you are not even forced to suffer from him.

Then there is some douchebags that trollspam you with request even when its clear you dont want to duel them, but if someone uses a shield and dont brag behind it (the typical coward shielder), I dont see the point in people complaining. Except for good old verbal duels, which is also a part of the duel server life.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2014, 11:01:42 pm »
Wrong.

OK, it's not the "point" of the game, but it's definitely the "strength" of the game. There have been dozens of games with nearly identical ranged mechanics, so M&B doesn't stand out in that regard.

Note I said "melee" and not "infantry". Cavalry also engage in "melee" combat:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melee_(warfare)

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2014, 11:09:01 pm »
+3
my manager Jerry Circumcizivitz has advised me to publically apologize to any dinosaurs i may have offended with my comments

please know that i am now signed up in a dinomodern cultural sensitivity class, and i have been learning that dinosaurs are our equal, and that we should miscegenate with them and consider them our equals like Yahweh commands

I am so deeply sorry,
thank you for giving me a second chance,

sincerelyy,
[email protected]

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2014, 01:47:57 am »
+1
As a spokesdino for my kind. We accept your apology and offer some advice.

Gmail, really?!?!?! Someone's probably hacking your account and posting nude photos of you on reddit. Hotmail is the blast from the past!

Offline Veniathan

• Count
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hey nigga your lance is 10 meter long or something
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
  • Faction: Kievan Rus
  • Game nicks: Zvonimir_of_Rus
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2014, 10:39:52 am »
+1
Same people die to arrows in battle/siege and cry rivers when shielder kills them in battle, siege or duel. Because playing shielder is soooo nooby. But playing a build that does 50 cut damage at a time and be able to swing faster, have longer stabs and more general damage than a shielder? Absolutely fine
I duel 1vs1 horse vs horse. Dude have nigga long lance that have 10 metres long or something.

Many time i can see as people use this script where horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2014, 10:50:53 am »
Shielders are fucking boring to duel for the simple fact that a big aspect of duelling gets plainly removed, namely making your opponents pick the wrong block. Shielders are usually defensive as hell too and with a limited bag of available tricks, duelling a shielder takes forever. The last thing duelling needs in this game is taking even longer to kill people, so be all self-righteous about your shield usage as much as you want, but I am sure as fuck not going to duel you.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2014, 11:04:45 am »
+3
People on the duel server kept calling you bad, because you are. No need to make threads and shitty posts to convince yourself otherwise.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2014, 12:51:01 pm »
honestly if you duel in this game and take it even 1% seriously you're a piece of outdated dinosaur shit that thinks itself hot but really it is fucking cold and fossilizing a hundred feet under the ground while the rest of the world goes on flying planes, and driving cars, and making shitty christopher nolan movies, etc
so it is your excuse for being shit
cool

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Veniathan

• Count
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hey nigga your lance is 10 meter long or something
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
  • Faction: Kievan Rus
  • Game nicks: Zvonimir_of_Rus
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2014, 01:41:58 pm »
+2
so it is your excuse for being shit
cool

You can be good at the game and not give a serious shit about it. For example, admittedly I suck at this game. I'm somewhat decent and that really depends on the situation. I don't think cRPG is serious buisness, I don't rage when I die and I don't insult others for play styles. I do think 2h has for example ridiculous damage, but I'd never nerf them and I don't give a fuck really. If I'm killed by 2h, spectate, respawn and continue with life

The problem with many of you in this game is that you think this game is some serious buisness. This game is everything but serious.

Shields were a standard weapon in the medieval age, if someone has problems with shields. The best choice is not to play a medieval game about medieval battles.
I duel 1vs1 horse vs horse. Dude have nigga long lance that have 10 metres long or something.

Many time i can see as people use this script where horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2014, 02:21:12 pm »
You can be good at the game and not give a serious shit about it. For example, admittedly I suck at this game. I'm somewhat decent and that really depends on the situation. I don't think cRPG is serious buisness, I don't rage when I die and I don't insult others for play styles. I do think 2h has for example ridiculous damage, but I'd never nerf them and I don't give a fuck really. If I'm killed by 2h, spectate, respawn and continue with life

The problem with many of you in this game is that you think this game is some serious buisness. This game is everything but serious.

Shields were a standard weapon in the medieval age, if someone has problems with shields. The best choice is not to play a medieval game about medieval battles.
serious respond...
dam I have to work on my elitist shit talk

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2014, 07:15:02 pm »
+2
People on the duel server kept calling you bad, because you are. No need to make threads and shitty posts to convince yourself otherwise.

You would have a valid point if I made any claims about being an awesome player or something. But alas, I didn't. I just want the harassment to stop.

I can only assume you are one of said whiny tweens I referenced in my OP.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2014, 09:53:36 pm »
+3
You would have a valid point if I made any claims about being an awesome player or something. But alas, I didn't. I just want the harassment to stop.

I can only assume you are one of said whiny tweens fat balding manchildren I referenced in my OP.

Fixed.

(click to show/hide)

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2014, 09:57:10 pm »
+1
fat balding manchildren

That's everyone that has ever posted on this forum, self included

#gottemall

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2014, 03:33:32 pm »
+1
My only problem is Phew, when we're on siege and having a great fight you just go ahead an nudge me off the walls. Disrespectful to archers everywhere.

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2014, 05:03:40 pm »
My only problem is Phew, when we're on siege and having a great fight you just go ahead an nudge me off the walls. Disrespectful to archers everywhere.

Don't worry, I get as good as I give when it comes to nudge deaths on siege. The polearm shove is much easier to pull off than the shield defensive nudge, so it's usually polearmers that shove me to a fall death.