Author Topic: The Great Turning Point  (Read 15105 times)

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guys That CMP Has Quoted [GTCHQ]
  • Game nicks: Jason_The_Great
Re: The Great Turning Point
« Reply #105 on: October 01, 2014, 03:03:47 am »
+1
Eh... too much hierarchy whether i be admins, devs, or clan...  But besides the shit community hardware has gotten cheaper thus allowing access to more games, and their have been a lot of good ones that have come out lately and that are going to be released soon. 

Also, IMO!... range is too op and you guyz kept buffing it, plus pretty much every change you let that aspergers tydouch kid do kinda killed the game (not that it was'nt already headed in that direction).  Even if it did balance things (which i completely disagree with), it completely changed the balance from how it had been for like 3-4 years thus changing how the game is played... Thus it aint the crpg it was, and thus the mod died when tymy old friend became a dev.

I'm sure I'll pop in here and there but, lets face it, Warband 2 will be out... within the next decade at least, but way before chad'z "dayz" will (assuming he is actually working on something for all you suckers that payed), and as long as bannerlord doesn't bomb which shouldn't be to hard considering all they need to do is copy and paste the combat mechanics from all the other m&b games, add some of that unlocks and lvling like every other game does and it will be a hit and we'll all be there to troll each other next time around.
If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison
It is not wisdom but Authority that makes a law - Thomas Hobbes.
Too busy not giving a fuck...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #106 on: October 01, 2014, 11:48:31 am »
+1
@ karasu
Hater? If chadz said today that 10% of loom points will be transferred to the new game, cRPG tomorrow would be wonderfully resurrected.I know what I'm saying. This game is based on our lowest instincts. QQS!

Offline naduril

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Naduril
  • IRC nick: Naduril
« Reply #107 on: October 01, 2014, 12:34:19 pm »
+1
I am one of the people who has stopped playing now, not because i feel the game is badly balanced or anything, with the cav nerf i feel the game is close to perfect. No, I stopped because im simply bored of the game. I'll come back eventually, like many others probably i get burnt out, but i come back in 1 or so months and enjoy it more than ever. Give it some time, either it may drop dead completely or people will return.
This!
Both my brothers and I take a pause, but it doesn't mean we would never ever play cRPG again.
Same is fair for many clanmates.

And it is natural< Harpag +1

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2295
  • Infamy: 2579
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 01, 2014, 07:44:16 pm »
+1
This game is based on our lowest instincts. QQS!

That's generalization and completely not true. Source: around 5000 hours of experience playing c-RPG. There is a lot people who play for shit and giggles. I'm not one of them but met plenty of those kind during the years. Not everyone in here is loom piling douche who GTXs the mod after few lost round in a row.

This mod should die some more so I can necrobump old ban threads without any repercussions.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #109 on: October 01, 2014, 08:00:12 pm »
+1
Mod needs a revamp against all of the high levels. Hope chadz wasn't joking here: http://forum.melee.org/general-off-topic/and-now-for-something-completely-different-(online-voting)/msg1073891/#msg1073891

Maybe not "against," but to take into account the changed meta.

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guys That CMP Has Quoted [GTCHQ]
  • Game nicks: Jason_The_Great
« Reply #110 on: October 01, 2014, 11:22:12 pm »
Mod needs a revamp against all of the high levels. Hope chadz wasn't joking here: http://forum.melee.org/general-off-topic/and-now-for-something-completely-different-(online-voting)/msg1073891/#msg1073891

Maybe not "against," but to take into account the changed meta.

Nah bro! That would just alienate all you hard core players WHICH ARE THE ONLY PEOPLE LEFT... duh, as if buffing range and all the other gay classes didn't already do that enough.  Tbh if it was anyone else I would think you were trolling, but because it's San... I posted about this a few up... Ginko bro, B12, Ginseng... will make you less of a dumb ass.
If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison
It is not wisdom but Authority that makes a law - Thomas Hobbes.
Too busy not giving a fuck...

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 01, 2014, 11:57:25 pm »
+1
People who talk exactly like I would have guessed from their avatar. Ugh.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #112 on: October 02, 2014, 12:16:20 am »
+1
@Jason

Yeah, it's going to be difficult. If chadz pulls through, hope they can find a good solution :)

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #113 on: October 02, 2014, 12:26:47 am »
+1
Buffing "low level" builds to make them more competitive would be better than nerfing high level builds, since only those allow a bit of hybridization for some classes, and this little customization doesn't come before level 33/34, or it will simply be some kind of joke (like Putting 3PT and 80 throwing wpf/ 3 Shield points), or simply adding IF to the build. (For example, my current builds will simply gain hp from level 32/33 and 34/35). Making level 30 builds better than they are is the best solution to me, and it would give reduce the gap between old and new players, without fucking up all those who played for a long time.

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #114 on: October 02, 2014, 12:56:43 am »
+1
Algarn +1

I would be happy to see a very rapid rise to level 36 and then hardcap or very slow rise to level 39 and really don't have any problem with the fact that everyone will have a high level. In practice, already takes place, with the exception of the new and extremely casual players, which apparently we care ...

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 02, 2014, 01:49:11 am »
+4
Buffing "low level" builds to make them more competitive would be better than nerfing high level builds, since only those allow a bit of hybridization for some classes, and this little customization doesn't come before level 33/34, or it will simply be some kind of joke (like Putting 3PT and 80 throwing wpf/ 3 Shield points), or simply adding IF to the build. (For example, my current builds will simply gain hp from level 32/33 and 34/35). Making level 30 builds better than they are is the best solution to me, and it would give reduce the gap between old and new players, without fucking up all those who played for a long time.

sooo, you want a low lvl build that could do decently against a high level build? like...12 if 12 ps with 118 wpf at 31? that would totally work! thats a brilliant idea man! that sounds really fun! :rolleyes:

all sarcasm aside the players that say they left because its boring, have been here forever, believe it or not, not all of us have been here for ever. its not that its getting boring, its how much worse it is vs 1 year ago. or when ever it was that tydouche decided the vast amount of str whores needed to be nerfed. how a known cheater is still a admin \ dev is beyond me, but eh, the damage done by him speaks for itself. and no i dont think he did it to "balance" the game, him and his na friends got a great boast to their play style...how they didnt think EVERY one would start taking 18-24 idk, maybe they want us all to play that. either way, the diversity and player base we had a year ago, has been pretty much destroyed. not a good look chadz.

i say that alot because your game is in a very unique position, melee games and medieval simulators seem to be on the rise, but they are not even close to being mainstream. your main ( possibly your only ) marketing for your new game will be word of mouth, CRPG is quite literally the biggest and greatest advertizement for M:BG, and every crpg player that leaves with a bad taste in his mouth, could end up costing you tons of customers and sales.

i stayed away from crpg for years because of the bad things i heard...i came 1.5 years ago after hearing tons of great things about crpg while playing War Of The Roses...

and yes ...ive donated, i thought strat 4 was so amazing i chipped in some cash. thats an example of word of mouth making you money.

...but now strat is dead  :cry: :( :? :mad:

not a good look.
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #116 on: October 02, 2014, 05:39:19 am »
all sarcasm aside the players that say they left because its boring, have been here forever, believe it or not, not all of us have been here for ever. its not that its getting boring, its how much worse it is vs 1 year ago. or when ever it was that tydouche decided the vast amount of str whores needed to be nerfed. how a known cheater is still a admin \ dev is beyond me, but eh, the damage done by him speaks for itself. and no i dont think he did it to "balance" the game, him and his na friends got a great boast to their play style...how they didnt think EVERY one would start taking 18-24 idk, maybe they want us all to play that. either way, the diversity and player base we had a year ago, has been pretty much destroyed. not a good look chadz.

THIS! 10000-fold.  Tydeus is the worst plague crpg has gotten since UIF first came into existence.  His "balance" changes to favor the builds he likes to play has created such a shit-meta game.  Its so much more boring on battle server than a year ago.  Proof is in the pudding - we have seen the largest percentile drop in player base in the last year than in any of the previous years.

People have left in droves - I scroll through my steam, vast majority of whom I met through crpg and the single most common response I get - "I don't play that shit mod anymore" most of them having quit in the last 6 months as they got frustrated with how crappy Tydeus' changes have made the mod.  Many of those people used to love just dicking around on battle server, they would play other games, but they would always come back and have fun.  Now they absolutely refuse to ever play this game because the fun left the building when tydeus was given control over changes to the mod.  Revert his changes and maybe crpg can be reborn to a limited extent.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #117 on: October 02, 2014, 08:48:38 am »
+1
THIS! 10000-fold.  Tydeus is the worst plague crpg has gotten since UIF first came into existence.  His "balance" changes to favor the builds he likes to play has created such a shit-meta game.  Its so much more boring on battle server than a year ago.  Proof is in the pudding - we have seen the largest percentile drop in player base in the last year than in any of the previous years.

People have left in droves - I scroll through my steam, vast majority of whom I met through crpg and the single most common response I get - "I don't play that shit mod anymore" most of them having quit in the last 6 months as they got frustrated with how crappy Tydeus' changes have made the mod.  Many of those people used to love just dicking around on battle server, they would play other games, but they would always come back and have fun.  Now they absolutely refuse to ever play this game because the fun left the building when tydeus was given control over changes to the mod.  Revert his changes and maybe crpg can be reborn to a limited extent.

They just need to change the ride limit for cav, the damage out put for range and then buff a couple of random weapons and shit will be fun again as well as bring back siege gear and let us vote for mode changes on the battle server so we have control of the fun when no admins are around.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 02, 2014, 10:29:25 am »
+5
What changes exactly did Tydeus supposedly 'break the mod' with? I ask because I think they've with few exceptions been pretty minor and also generally rational.

I haven't had time to play more than a few times a week lately, September-October is always busy here, but last I was on EU1 had 40-ish players and EU2 had 60-ish. Not too bad for a dark, wet Autumn late afternoon.

Offline Kaido

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 02, 2014, 10:39:21 am »
+6
We'll hear crpgisded next year too don't worry.