Author Topic: new bolts  (Read 401 times)

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
new bolts
« on: September 25, 2014, 06:34:05 am »
So there is 2 pierce bolts and 8 pierce bolts. Lot's of players complain about ranged and there are lots of crossbowers. So how to alleviate some whine while also increase crossbow effectiveness for certain things? Make new bolts which are cut damage instead of pierce yet they will have 9 cut damage which is more than the steel bolts yet will not be as good vs armored foes but they will however be good against lighter armored. Another idea is make them about 5 cut damage yet even cheaper than the regular bolts so people will really want to use them over pierce if they can. This I think would result in less heavy armored melee guys being ranged to death since cut damage is quite a bit weaker vs armor. Oh another thing make arbalest go through 2 players like a mini ballista since it's so slow. Well at least on dtv it's near useless.

Offline Inglorious

• Earl
  • Renown: 497
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Courage is our shield
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Banana Republic / Chevaliers
  • Game nicks: IngloriouslyBad / Affordable Cavalry
Re: new bolts
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 07:41:02 am »
While I like where your head is at, I think it's the lighter armored guys who're mainly angry with crossbows.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 10:39:11 pm »
While I like where your head is at, I think it's the lighter armored guys who're mainly angry with crossbows.
Hmmm...if so then: drop all crossbow damage by 2 and increase regular pierce bolts and steel bolts damage +2 to compensate. Now create new cut bolts with +1 cut damage which would bring all crossbow to -3 damage but only when using cut bolts. Now how to get people to use inferior bolts? Raise the cost of regular bolts to almost the price of current steel bolts then raise the cost of steel bolts too. Now comes the price of cut bolts.......very low like low enough so when they are repaired it's zero cost. Another idea which could be used in conjunction with those or even separately is just make a new crossbow which is cut damage only and is less accurate than all the other crossbows yet it is super cheap like even cheaper than hunting crossbow but maybe with the damage of regular crossbow.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 10:44:06 pm »
+1
Yeah but now you are changing your suggestion from adding a new interesting item to just "nerf xbows"   :)

I think we should just add cut bolts to add variety to what exists now.  2 pierce bolts = like 10 cut damage.  So just add 10 cut damage bolts, make the price somewhere between normal and steel bolts, and tell agi dorks to get some armor.

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 11:15:02 pm »
Cassia told me some days ago that he is interested in making new bolts, i.e. the texture and mesh. If you have more specific suggestions (e.g. full stat suggestions, name etc.), please let us know.
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV