Author Topic: Another fucking ban  (Read 467 times)

Offline Christopher_Robin

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Another fucking ban
« on: September 23, 2014, 10:58:26 am »
Hello.

Today I got banned for making a kick poll on a Cav guy who was doing nothing but running people over, I found that very trollish and annoying.
Admins replies "yeh, that is not a vaild reason" and BAM im global banned. What is a valid reason? Where is the valid reasons list? I would like to see it jackass.
To me that was a valid reason, and I'm sure the people who were horse bumped over and over again by that cav press 1 on the poll. Only when he fell of horse
he started fighting.

Have these admins ever heard of a kick or a warning? I bet most admins on CRPG are like 15 years old. Something you admins should try to do is reason with the
person that you are about to ban and hear what he has to say in his defence. First step should be to warn the person, next should be a kick and the last resort should
be a ban. That is not me telling you how to admin, that is me speaking logic into your heads.

Here is a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/1DzrI5M.jpg

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
Re: Another fucking ban
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 11:07:56 am »
You were polling a player from the opposite team (without stating a reason before). You were obviously just mad at him... It was clearly a rage poll.

Don't break the rules and you won't have problems with admins - it is that simple. We don't have to warn you before.

You were only banned for one hour. Consider this as a friendly warning.

This is your second ban within three days. Perhaps you should rethink your behaviour...

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 11:46:06 am »
Okay, 1 hour can be seen as justified, but how am I suposed to know how to react when I don't know how long I am banned for? Last time it was 24 hours.
I got mostly mad now because I thought... holy shit not another 24 hours.

I wasn't mad at him, I was annoyed by how he ran everyone over without actually fighting, and I stated reason directly after the poll.
In my eyes I didn't break any rules, what you see as a valid reason is diffrent from what I see as a valid reason, and if there is no
valid reasons list, then how am I suposed to know what mister admin thinks is a valid reason to poll for. It wasn't a rage poll,
I polled beacause after I had died I saw that he proceeded with runing over my teamates while they were fighting infantry aswell,
and to me that is very trollish and abusive of the cav class.

Yeah I was banned for 1 hour, but how is that a friendly warning? A ban is a ban. You didn't give me any friendly warnings like "hey chris don't make rage polls", you just jumped straight to the ban.

I have had 1 valid ban in my opinion, and maybe it's not me or any of the other banned players who should rethink their behavior on the servers, maybe it's the admins who need to be more humane
towards these players. Something I think that a lot of admins who wield power online don't take in account is that behind these computers of the people you ban are humans, some of these humans have IRL difficulties such as, ADHD/OCD or Aspgers Syndrome leading to heavy depression. These are very common, and it's almost noticable on the players in-game. I myself is suffering from ADHD, OCD, Paranoia and Aspergers Syndrome, these I have all been diagnosed with since I was 10 years old. What I'm trying to say is that some players can't help their behavior and excuses should be accepted and not neglected.

It doesn't hurt to give a warning or at most a kick.

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 11:58:18 am »
Bumping the enemy team is in no way against any of the rules. What else should he do? He is playing cavalry, that's his job. This is obviously common sense. You could have known that, even without reading the rules before (which you are forced to do so if you want to play on the official servers).

You can't poll other players because you don't like their playstyle.

There are hundreds of people playing this mod. We can't start a long discussion each time one of them is breaking the rules. We also have more important things to do.

Make sure to read the server rules again: http://forum.melee.org/announcements/official-server-rules/ Feel free to contact me or any other admin if you have any further questions. :) You can also use the "i"-button to contact admins directly on the server (note that you won't see what you have written). You should always try this before starting a poll. Also make polls at the beginning or the end of a round and always state a reason before. Otherwise it will annoy other players.

Have a nice day. :) You should be able to play again now.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 12:04:06 pm by Erzengel »

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 12:57:50 pm »
Okay, I will use the "i" button more to report people who bothers me.