Author Topic: Team wounding and ctrl + M  (Read 2956 times)

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
Team wounding and ctrl + M
« on: September 15, 2014, 12:01:05 pm »
+1
Or as it's more commonly know "fuck off you twat"

More often than not my experience has been people hitting me with it when my hit on them is blatantly accidental.

Have you experienced such profound cuntishness?

If so, better call saul.

Can we just have 48 hour bans for anyone that crtl's 2 people... ever.

Thank you, do come again.

Frank

PS Butterfly kisses for your balls.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
Re: Team wounding and ctrl + M
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 12:16:47 pm »
+7
I never report others unless it was obviously intentional, and I don't get reported very much myself either.

There are some exceptions:
  • Beginners don't know at all what this is about. The ones who don't think critically about it might as well think they get 10k gold when they reach [5/5].
  • People with poor English may misunderstand the reason for reports, and you can't really tell them what to change. They will just keep reporting every hit.
  • Cavalry players appear out of nowhere; their giant horse catches the safe headshot on some enemy ranged and they report you because they weren't aware of your line of sight and the way they suddenly popped up.
  • New recruits to clans who were told that the other clan is some sort of rival might report members of the other clan, forgetting this is a game where we have fun together, thinking they act according to their own clan's sake.
  • Friends report each other and laugh about it on teamspeak.
  • Some players hate each other and report each other every time.
  • Some griefers walk behind shieldwalls on DTV, try to get teamhit as often as possible and report it every time. This way, bots break through and they were successful at being annoying to everyone or changing the map in a slightly more subtle way than killing Valdemar themselves.

I have empathy for every one but the last two categories. But since mutual hatred is mutual, one can easily stop and the other may as well. So griefing is the only real problem. I am trying to say: Getting reported isn't that common usually.
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 12:44:42 pm »
It's there to punish TK's, TH's although sometimes an admin will take exception to a tk/th and kick the player.

Not too long ago I had punched a team-mate, (low damage, friendly/trollish behaviour), he then reports me, pissed off I gave him a legitimate reason to vote me, (overhead swing, he died), he voted me again and then I got kicked from the server by an admin.

But then last night, I get tked deliberately at the end of a round, unable to report the player and admins ignored it.

So.. I guess its meant to be there to punish players, but its usually down to an admin on the server to determine whether its good enough or not I guess.
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Tagora

• Duke
  • Renown: 522
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
  • there's bollocks in yr tea
    • View Profile
    • ClickCLICKclickCLICKCLICKCLICK
  • Faction: Dubliners
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 02:14:02 pm »
hehehehehehehehehe
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tagora/

c h e l s e a  b o y s

Offline Latrinenkobold

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Stop the nerfs
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hagur
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 02:17:36 pm »
+3
I like it by now since it´s a nice tool to show my hatred for achers by reporting every one of them.

I even feel the urge to report for a moment when killed by an enemy archer/crossbower.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 02:30:12 pm »
I never report...until like 3 or 4 fuckers TH me in a row because no one is paying any attention in clusterfucks and don't notice their teammate with a shield and a short weapon has to get in close to make his shots...

Then I start reporting everyone.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 02:34:41 pm »
+15
Why are people always so butthurt about getting CTRL-M'ed? I've pretty much never seen anyone get kicked that didn't do a few of them on purpose to troll. When people nudge me for 'fun' they get really upset if I CTRL-M while it has zero effect on them, hell, I should get mad about getting nudged because that actually has an effect.

I do feel slightly unappreciated when I have been support polearming in a clusterfuck, surpressing enemies everywhere by doing stabs over or around my teammates and I get reported for a very low damage early hit, but it is their good right to do so.

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 06:04:48 pm »
+2
Team mates just run into my arrows for some reason

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 06:11:09 pm »
I don't care if someone reports me me or not.
If I teamhit it's usually an accident and I never th enough to get kicked by the report function.
If I report someone or not is totally dependant on my mood, though.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2014, 07:25:21 pm »
My only rule is always report archers...

others are situational.

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2014, 07:35:08 pm »
+3
Who cares about being m'd?

If you manage to teamhit so often that you reach 5 even if you didnt do it deliberately you are such a careless useless twat a kick is a very small punishment.

There are a few guys who I know dont teamhit deliberately but are an absolute liability to fight near who I will run away from if they are on my side. Funnily enough one of these cretins is one of the few who reports every teamhit on him.

Offline Vengt037

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE47rDVh3c0
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vengt_The_Horsethief, Glorefindel, Vanderkaum
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2014, 08:08:57 pm »
Or as it's more commonly know "fuck off you twat"

More often than not my experience has been people hitting me with it when my hit on them is blatantly accidental.

Have you experienced such profound cuntishness?

If so, better call saul.

Can we just have 48 hour bans for anyone that crtl's 2 people... ever.

Thank you, do come again.

Frank

PS Butterfly kisses for your balls.

You get 5 chances. Some TW's will be accidental. If the person you hit decides to ctrl + m you, just take it like a man. You've got 4 more chances before you are temporarily kicked from the server. I've found that apologizing will decrease the frequency with which you are ctrl m'd, but even then I usually still apologize even if they ctrl m me first.
"Vengt, you are like my favorite player in CRPG."
- BlackWhite

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2014, 10:19:33 pm »
Eh if I accidentally tw someone and they report me, they got what they wanted out of it. I don't apologize at that point most of the time. That very rarely occurs to me though so its not a huge issue imo. Most people know I fucked up especially if its a 2 or 3v1 and I hit them. I will say this... if I hit them and they die right after to the enemy.. I apologize even if they do report it. Because I figure that was just them being pissed they died because of me. That shit is frustrating when it occurs.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Killer

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • NA's Worst Longspearman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Former BlackCompany Member, Current HoC member
  • Game nicks: HoC_Mr_Killer
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2014, 04:12:39 am »
Sometimes i report ppl to be a dick or I'm in a bad mood or i don't like that person and other times i just say who cares just dependent on how fast u say sry most times though for me (if no sorry then i crtl m)

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2014, 04:24:05 am »
+1
Who cares about being m'd?

If you manage to teamhit so often that you reach 5 even if you didnt do it deliberately you are such a careless useless twat a kick is a very small punishment.

There are a few guys who I know dont teamhit deliberately but are an absolute liability to fight near who I will run away from if they are on my side. Funnily enough one of these cretins is one of the few who reports every teamhit on him.

This is such an example of everyone attitude about TW reporting.

Begins with generic "who cares, whatever" cool guy attitude, then shows that he clearly cares because he calls someone a choice word because that person always reports.