Poll

Restore the DTVirgin-era maps?

Bring back all the maps!
50 (59.5%)
Bring back all the maps but gimp them so they're no longer abuseable as hell (nerf huts, fences et ceatera)
16 (19%)
Bring back most of the maps except for the most abused ones!
13 (15.5%)
DTViscount is better.
5 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Author Topic: Bring back old DTVirgin maps  (Read 9839 times)

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Bring back old DTVirgin maps
« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2015, 02:43:23 pm »
+3
Another example of the braindead level DTV has reached. This time they decided to make the shieldwall much closer to the bot spawn, instead of in a line with the ballista platform, but it's basically the same. Some players are forced to leech because there's no space for everyone to fight.

(click to show/hide)

In the next video, you'll see that, while I was uploading the previous one, I rejoined the server to find out that it's playable (the way it's played) with a ping over 600. The rest of the video shows the dullness of most of the maps.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

The old village maps were quite open, like old Battle maps, and you could play DTV as if it were Battle, but against a noob mob that always charges in tight formation and chambers a lot. You could argue that's dull too, but I liked it. For a lot of us who have enjoyed the old DTV, this new rotation consisting of 99% tiny maps made for skill-less "tactics" is boring and frustrating when you are forced to either leech or leave the server because there is no room for everyone to fight, or you get bored after "x" rounds standing still and spamming overhead.

Bring back the old maps, please! Or, instead, remove the maps Sea Raid and Thermopylae (those shown in the videos), which have made DTV the stupid grindfest it is now.

(click to show/hide)

EDIT: these are examples of how DTV used to be (a lot more fun in my opinion) (taken from Uther's DTV guide):
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 02:51:46 pm by Patoson »

Offline JennaHaze

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 147
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 2Bach
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2015, 09:00:23 pm »
these maps are fine for me :oops:

Offline Hellsing

• Count
  • Renown: 209
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 30, 2015, 10:23:09 pm »
+4
Well it's been a while..

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Download Part I

edit: 03.10.15//
Download Part II
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 07:20:10 pm by Spanky_Ham »

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2015, 05:13:43 am »
+1
Well it's been a while..

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Download

Those are some classics... did you revamp them or something?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Hellsing

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2015, 03:35:56 pm »
+2
Kept them as original as I was able to..

added spawns, removed some exploits, made more ways for bots,
added crpg_weapon_rack (like 2-3 each), added 1 ballista to village 67, added ai mesh,
maybe some archer roof, added map limits so bot cav wont run around for 3 ages anymore (but still far enough so players hopfully wont feel a difference expect they reach hiding bots) and stuff like this..
It's like hmm 0-3 hours each map, depening on already existing ai mesh, size, amount of scene probs to be added in ai mesh, barriers, ballista, weaponrack, spawn placment and balancing... (all maps untested as always..)
So I'm not sure if this counts as revamp, but I guess so :)

by the way: what you cant see, I already reuploaded the updates to the current cycle of DTV, this includes every village and nearly all named maps (like fixes for bots glitching on thermo near ballistas and so on)...
(click to show/hide)

also this is not the end, just have less freetime since university starts again - still working on village_70.
But as soon as the OSP content is available in scene editor i will create some new content and stop village converting (or maybe renew them with new scene probs we will see)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 03:48:30 pm by Spanky_Ham »

Offline Hellsing

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 03, 2015, 06:45:51 pm »
+2
Next two finished, took me the whole day :lol:

Part II download
(click to show/hide)

edit://
also finsihed 72 this evening, added to pack II
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 09:12:11 pm by Spanky_Ham »

Offline Hellsing

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 08, 2015, 11:22:05 am »
+2
Okay have less time these days, have played on EU_7 yesterday for quite a while... reuploaded the still missing maps last time together
Also there is at least 1 map in dtv rotation that is completly empty.. please take a look there..

Download

Missing updates for villages 54-57 (dumped them a while ago so wasnt able to check them when i updated the other maps).

(click to show/hide)

Offline Hellsing

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 18, 2015, 02:45:35 am »
+4
Today an admin changed to Tilimsal (scn_village_109) and the ppl loved it.. I asked if they want it so here we go:

(click to show/hide)

Added several barriers to prevent roof bugging,
2 weapon racks, 1 close to V and one close to front (you will find them)
1 ballista_full close to front, right side close to this house with peasent bunker
kept ai as it was, played fine on it

turned spawn 32 a bit so players wont spawn inside walls, also pulled the bot spawns a bit closer to the player side..

Code: [Select]
scn_dtv_village_109 village_109 256 none none 0 0 100 100 -100 0x00000001500410320005a96800006b5300004edc00000d11 0 0 outer_terrain_desert
Download scn_dtv_village_106

Enjoy,
-Hellsing

Offline Hellsing

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 01, 2015, 06:00:13 am »
+2
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Since most players barley check out the  "Scene Editing" Sub-Forum - I'm again addressing to this nearly dead thread which gets some attention every here and than.
Hopefully some well minded crpg fellow can give me a hand:

I did provide several scene updates for crpg past years, duo to make the process more effective I was told to learn how to make parts needed for py adding maps to servers with correct strings

Thanks to Teeth for providing this small guide :)

Before I just upload the
  • scn_dtv_new.sco map
  • matching code from scenes.txt
My next step was mostly to upload those two narrive files which can be added in every warband module (including custom scene props used for sure).
-> Still much work left to add them to an multiplayer crpg server with correct new strings and all the stuff around...

So I kinda only made like 50% too add this map to an mp crpg eu server.
I know there is a way to just easy override and use blank_maps /strings but this shouldnt be the goal in my eyes.
Please check out my Post at  Scene editing - looking-for-some-help I realy look forward for small tutorials - showing me how i add the custom map of my choice to warband mp server correctly without errors.

Hopefully u get my point and help an guy even with real broken english...
Celeboran | Spanky
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 07:28:08 pm by Spanky_Ham »