Poll

Remove HA/HX form cRPG

YES
157 (53.6%)
NO
136 (46.4%)

Total Members Voted: 291

Author Topic: Official poll for removal of Mounted Ranged from cRPG  (Read 5950 times)

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
Re: Official poll for removal of Mounted Ranged from cRPG
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2014, 06:26:11 pm »
+4
Yesterday there were HAs on right before early NA primetime and stayed untill the middle. The population never got above 60 and namo and his Australis HA buddy killed the server down to 16 shortly after. Making HA a non viable class, by major nerfs or removal, would help this mod in nearly every regard.

Edit: described it much better on this post.

After reading all this, there's one question coming into my mind, why do we keep horsearchers in this mod?

1. Their playstyle is annoying to EVERYONE
2. They are reason of dying popularity
3. They are delaying, not helping team, playing solo style
4. HAs pick on low armored troops which are usually new players, which is fucking discouraging for them and makes them leave
5. Everyone who plays this class is usually a dickhead

No harm would be done removing this class, or do you really want all this bother, in order to keep this mod a tiny bit more diverse and realistic?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 09:08:37 pm by Jack1 »
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2014, 06:35:23 pm »
+2
I also think a complete removal of HA is not a good thing... i mean it's the diversity of classes and the "you can be what ever u wanna be" that makes this mod awesome.

I just find it really hard to accept and/or understand, why for example niluk gets valor like every round, topping the scoreboard - without actually doing a thing... except picking on low armored players and delaying rounds. Not to mention pissing off everyone....

The pure existance of HA ain't the problem here.

The reward for playing it (considering the low risk and high damage potential vs new players/unarmored) however is.

Especially if you compare the class to other ranged or melee classes even you HA-ppl have to agree, that you're kind of "above" everyone else. And that farming a nice little valour is rather simple if u play at low risk.

That "balance" creates the hate.

Plus, on a side note, bannerbalance kinda gives a good chance of abusing HA to an almost unbearable level... i remember like 7 GK HA's one day... balanced to the same team for like 5 maps in a row, decreasing the playercound from 60+ to 20...

Another really important thing is that new players are completely unable to counteract HA. Even if they get ranged weaponry too - till they hit lvl 20+, a regular HA won't even feel their attacks. He'll just 1 or 2 shot them. Or even worse... just easy-killing them with bumps.

And what alternatives do new players have? Siege is basically just hours and hours of being iilled and respawn, dtv is something i won't even call "Crpg" and the other servers are dead.

What we really need is a valornerf for HA,

A new Balance System,

And a new server that's more casual and noobfriendly. For example footsoldiers only with bannerbalance disabled.
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2014, 06:48:05 pm »
+5
It would improve the gameplay experience if it was removed, but I think limiting playstyles is unnecessary and lame. It should simply be a gimpy troll class because that is the role that is by definition what it is meant to be. The fact that it is a class capable of comparable or even better performances than other classes is beyond retarded. Make it inaccurate and low damage as hell, horse ranged should be on horse thrower level.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2014, 06:58:27 pm »
+4
It would improve the gameplay experience if it was removed, but I think limiting playstyles is unnecessary and lame. It should simply be a gimpy troll class because that is the role that is by definition what it is meant to be. The fact that it is a class capable of comparable or even better performances than other classes is beyond retarded. Make it inaccurate and low damage as hell, horse ranged should be on horse thrower level.

simply remove the "horse archer" character trait; they will be innaccurate as hell
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2014, 07:02:17 pm »
simply remove the "horse archer" character trait; they will be innaccurate as hell
This joke I didn't get...

Offline Donkey_Thrower

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Official Master of Donkey Throwing
    • View Profile
    • Donkey Facts!
  • Faction: Donkey Trap All Stars/Federal Burro of Information
  • Game nicks: Donkey_Thrower, Donker, DonkStar_Donkey_Thrower
  • IRC nick: Donkey_Thrower
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2014, 07:07:31 pm »
The usual counter to HA/HX is archers and xbowmen. Give them more of an incentive to shoot at HX/HA, via upping the points you get for damaging enemy horses.

Also, I don't mind any ranged cav when I'm playing. Its waiting an extra few minutes for them to die like the rest of my team at the end of the round that I hate.
Its annoying to wait for melee to die too, but they at least usually die quickly and without dickless, inefficient kiting at the round's end.

Even considering removing a whole class cause ur mad is laughable and thus a funny joke, thanks guys I get it. Haha!

this, so much.

If you assholes take away my donkey throwing I will be pissed!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Donkey thrower official Master of Donkey Throwing.
Support Donkey Armor!!! http://forum.melee.org/suggestions-corner/plated-donkey/

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2014, 07:20:36 pm »
It doesn't matter how weak or inaccurate they become, since the person on the receiving end only notices how annoying it is to deal with them. I wouldn't mind them being removed, but it's a pretty self-centered wish and some people sincerely like being able to play HA even though many others try to grief. I'm also a little jaded since it's nothing compared to prime HX or even HA a year ago that blasted off loads of health with a single shot. Slowing down HA kiting while returning the ranged speed bonus and giving players with high IF/armor super armor to low damage attacks will provide options for all classes to deal with HA.

Bump shots deal 50% damage, which is the same for bump slashes and stabs. Don't know why people would believe otherwise.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2014, 07:23:50 pm »
+5
It doesn't matter how weak or inaccurate they become, since the person on the receiving end only notices how annoying it is to deal with them. I wouldn't mind them being removed, but it's a pretty self-centered wish and some people sincerely like being able to play HA even though many others try to grief. I'm also a little jaded since it's nothing compared to prime HX or even HA a year ago that blasted off loads of health with a single shot. Slowing down HA kiting while returning the ranged speed bonus and giving players with high IF/armor super armor to low damage attacks will provide options for all classes to deal with HA.

Bump shots deal 50% damage, which is the same for bump slashes and stabs. Don't know why people would believe otherwise.

Its not self centred if 95% of the playerbase don't play that class. It is very self centred if you are 5% and demand that your playstyle spoils the fun of 95% of the players
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2014, 07:25:26 pm »
+4
Id rather that Valor was reduced. Shortly after strat 4 valor was very good, everyone was getting it, as the requirement to get it was very low.

Low and high lvl players alike got rewarded for trying. Right now? Valor only rewards the high lvl players or the gayest of playstyles, ie, you can try as hard as you want, but if there is cav on your side...valor will most likely go to them.

I really dont get why Tydeus would keep messing with valor, when its low its so much more fun to play this mod. You dont get as frustrated by HA, cuz if you try you will get rewarded, more people getting rewarded, more people play, the more people play, the more fun it is.

Seriously Tydeus its not fucking rocket science, if people can actually make good xp, ITS A GOOD THING, more people retiring and getting looms IS A GOOD THING, the harder you make valor to get the worse the marketplace gets, right now its not even worth it to by a +3 with 2lps and gold, with prices the way they are its better to just save up 3 and loom it yourself.

Back when valor was good, it made HA and everyother gay frustrating thing about this mod completely fine. So what half your team is unclaned an the other team is all claned up and playing cav...just try hard , do your best, and you will get rewarded

No matter how gay or bad the game was you could play for hours and still have fun, BECAUSE you were getting rewarded.

Back then when you went from x5 to x1, you didnt leave the game asap, you fought extra hard for the next 2 rnds to get that x5 back. Got it back, and everything was all good, time to keep playing.

Nowadays, when people lose their x5....they leave.

Its little things like Valor that make Tydeus much more harmful to the game than the good intentions he has to make it fun.
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2014, 07:54:02 pm »
Its not self centred if 95% of the playerbase don't play that class. It is very self centred if you are 5% and demand that your playstyle spoils the fun of 95% of the players

You have a point. It takes a while for me to understand since I've mostly been a shielder and it's much easier than when I had to keep my back to a wall or 360 spin the entire round to prevent HX/HA that dealt 30-60% of my health than the 15% they deal now. Even with the poll, it's only 60-40. I'm still split on the matter but I would still like to think there is a way to make it a better class without much griefing even if it's just wishful thinking.

@StonedSteel
I'm not sure who changed valour so that it includes the winning team, but Tydeus was the one who made it as easy as it can be in its current form. I think that points from peasants need to be greatly reduced, even out the scaling/reward for killing high priority targets, and try to estimate worth a little better for the first round (where everyone is treated equally iirc).

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2014, 08:49:17 pm »
+2

Horse archer has been much weaker at certain points in the past, and guess what, only the real hardcore assholes continued to play it. If you think it doesn't matter, then just reduce their accuracy and or damage significantly, because I firmly believe it will directly make the class less popular and less annoying. Some horse archers literally get valour nearly every round, you seriously don't think this doesn't affect their number at all? If my infantry builds could take 20 horse archer arrows before I die, it surely would annoy me less than the 8 it takes now. If my horse could take 15 horse archer arrows before it would die, I would surely be less annoyed by it, and more inclined to have a go and catching one off guard. Horse archery has been a state where I pretty much shrugged of their arrows without being bothered at all.

Of course their strength matters for the popularity of the class and the annoyance it causes, really don't see why you think it doesn't.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2014, 08:57:27 pm »
+4
wouldnt be a problem if the game didnt enforce strick unrealistic requirements on using things like shields or throwing weapons.  Anyone should be able to pick up any weapon and lob it at a horse.  Anyone should be able to pick up and use a shield.  Skill points should not be required to do things that anyone normally would be able to, should just make you do it significantly better.

Offline sir_Ady

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Quincy_sir_Ady, Adyalt
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2014, 09:04:27 pm »
Voted no as I think they could be countered with proper teamplay...
Only issue I find disturbing is the unlimited bump ability... Horses should suffer damage each and every time they bump someone - depending on given person's armor and strength maybe... that would limit the bump shooting an make foot archer more efficient in killing already wounded horses...

Offline Jesse0

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Stromgarde
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2014, 09:41:46 pm »

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2014, 10:12:18 pm »
You know I hate HA, I really do.

still, voted NO. It´s part of the game and some people like to play it. You can get horsearchers with teamwork (or clever ranged units who focus them for the sake of their team)