Author Topic: shield nudge abusing more op than kicks in old times !!!  (Read 926 times)

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 282
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murcs
shield nudge abusing more op than kicks in old times !!!
« on: September 08, 2014, 06:09:03 pm »
+10
better explaination from blindguy :

A good trick people are doing is.. well, there's two variations:

No shield: Polearmers or 2handers (this one works best with poles) block your attack, then instead of attacking you they press Sheath+Nudge+Nextweapon, so they still have block button held: this means you get nudged for long period (unarmed blocking nudge) and they can hit you without your being able to block.

With shield: Similar to last one but simpler to do, requires more skills invested: 2hander has shield out, closes with enemy, does neutral nudge as they press next weapon, and can instantly attack, while victim is still stunned.

If both of these animation breaking, ugly, and easy to do unblockable attacks were intended, then good, but since the animations all get chopped to shit and the result is fugly, I dont believe either of these was intended.

since the last nudge buff (decreased nudge cooldown ) who was rly a bad idea coz it was sure some people where going to abuse of it ... and glitch a lot.

some of them are able to nudge you then pass through you to slash your back when u are still in the nudge animation.

others are able to nudge then slash you from front when u are still in nudge animation.

it's fucking more op than olds kick and totaly ridiculous.
i talk about the nudge when the shield is not up.

so please fix this shit because fight some shielders mean
geting nudge then slashed then nudged then slashed then nudged then slashed ... without having time to do nothing
if you are low level or have a build not agi oriented u just get spamed and cant do nothing ...

an other request is about removing possibility for team mate to nudge a ranged who bent bow, xbow or throwing stuff ...
enemies barely never use it and only team mate use it against their one team mate
it's fucking boring as ranged and somethimes can cause your death just because your team mate want troll or have fun on you...
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 07:16:36 pm by blackbow »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
Re: shield nudge abusing more op than kicks in old times !!!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 06:22:33 pm »
NM, I thought this thread was about nudge phasing abuse, not trolling ranged.  Please continue trolling ranged.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 06:27:48 pm by MURDERTRON »
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 06:26:11 pm »
+1
Isn't that what it's for?

I once nudge-grounded an enemy archer i got behind because it was funny rather than 1-shot him like a scumbag... he rolled instantly and schooled me with 1hand spam :/ I vowed never again (unless teammate).

for sure when it's against enemies there is no problem. but it's comming all the time from your team mates and generaly put the ranged in bad situation.
so let enemies nudge ranged and put them down : ok
let team mate nudge their ranged : not ok

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 06:27:55 pm »
Neutral shield bash is one of the best animations I have ever seen. You can't miss it, you go through the ennemy, get behind him at the end of the animation, and start the spam. It works even better on archers, since they got low armors generally, and only a short sword to defend themselves (talking from personal melee experience).

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 06:29:17 pm »
+1
NM, I thought this thread was about nudge phasing abuse, not trolling ranged.  Please continue trolling ranged.

it's mainly about the shield nudge abuse, i guess it's the priority, something have to be done...
then i also use this thread to speak about an other problem concerning nudges nothing else...
now stay constructive about the problem or leave this thread.
thx

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 06:37:01 pm »
+1
The phasing through, and hitting from inside, which is very confusing and hard to block is a big issue and should be fixed.  Throwing ranged on the ground, isn't.  They could just kick you instead, so you'd be solving nothing as far as teammates nudging you goes.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 06:39:42 pm »
+1
I think the phasing is annoying, especially when you can reach an enemy's back. I think the stun can be reduced a tad. Does anyone else find attacks after nudges unblockable (if they still remain in front)? It hasn't really happened to me yet.

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 06:45:18 pm »
+1
Does anyone else find attacks after nudges unblockable (if they still remain in front)?

If they phase through and are inside of you/behind you 0% of blocks work

If they dont phase through 99% of blocks work
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 06:45:35 pm »
+1
The phasing through, and hitting from inside, which is very confusing and hard to block is a big issue and should be fixed.  Throwing ranged on the ground, isn't.  They could just kick you instead, so you'd be solving nothing as far as teammates nudging you goes.

agree with you about shield nudge part

about the nudge on ranged the problem is when it's come from your team mate
how many times i'm dueling some enemies ranged and get nudge to ground by team mate and get shot by the guy i was dueling
or getting nudge to ground then get fucked by an enemie coming from nowhere ...

so nudge enemies ranged and put them on ground is fine to me, sadly not enough people use it.
but nudge your team mates and put them on ground no ... one day i'm gonna rage after one team mate and get ban because he want to troll and piss of his ranged team mate.

as ranged i get nudge like 1 time per month by enemy, and get nudge like 10 times per days by a team mate...

anyway the main problem here is still this shield nudge abuse.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2014, 06:50:40 pm »
+1
also knockback distance on nudges needs a look at

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2014, 06:54:00 pm »
+3
I think the phasing is annoying, especially when you can reach an enemy's back. I think the stun can be reduced a tad. Does anyone else find attacks after nudges unblockable (if they still remain in front)? It hasn't really happened to me yet.

No shield: Polearmers or 2handers (this one works best with poles) block your attack, then instead of attacking you they press Sheath+Nudge+Nextweapon, so they still have block button held: this means you get nudged for long period (unarmed blocking nudge) and they can hit you without your being able to block.

With shield: Similar to last one but simpler to do, requires more skills invested: 2hander has shield out, closes with enemy, does neutral nudge as they press next weapon, and can instantly attack, while victim is still stunned.

If both of these animation breaking, ugly, and easy to do unblockable attacks were intended, then good, but since the animations all get chopped to shit and the result is fugly, I dont believe either of these was intended.
I don't know enough

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2014, 07:15:54 pm »
+1

thx bro that's rly more clear i'm gonna quote it on first post and ask some devs to have a look at it.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2014, 07:16:18 pm »
+1
That sounds believable, sucks if true.

Posting the nudge code again: https://www.irccloud.com/pastebin/2uSZrPWE

I want to think the "Ghosting time" is the stun, anyone else care to take a look? Either that or playing this animation and the numbers that follow: script_crpg_rabbit_play_anim.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2014, 07:21:40 pm »
I have never been nudged and then hit with a followup unblockable attack. 

There has always been time to block.

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2014, 08:35:39 pm »
+1
I have never been nudged and then hit with a followup unblockable attack. 

There has always been time to block.
yeah it was the same for me
then appear people who was nudging , slashing,nudging, slashing ... (cooldown is too short) it was fucking boring but i was still able to block

now some abuser have ameliorated their technic and i dont have time anymore to block, i'm still in the nudge stun animation when i get swing
and there is also those people who nudge then pass through u to slash your back and same problem appear here, i'm stil in stun nudge animation and have no time to face and block the guy
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 08:44:19 pm by blackbow »