Author Topic: Repair Costs?  (Read 351 times)

Offline Peelz

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Repair Costs?
« on: September 06, 2014, 08:47:45 pm »
Can someone tell me how repair costs actually work? Because in some places I've heard its random and others I've heard it's a consistent percentage. I had 7k on a character, then 3 rounds later had no money at all because of repair costs. I have an upkeep of 2.9k . So does that mean then upkeep would have happened twice in 3 maps time? I don't have good equipment, just average really, so how is it possible to keep a character running with repair costs that steep?

Offline Elmuri

• Marshall
  • Renown: 817
  • Infamy: 91
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elmuri and co
Re: Repair Costs?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 11:18:49 am »
Well, according to this

Maintenance

There's a chance every minute for items you're wearing to break up resulting in them getting reduced stats until they are repaired. By default items will automatically be repaired when you have enough money. On average player can hold gear worth of roughly 50,000 and break even (Source: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,8400.0.html). This is a long term average though, and you should have a considerable reserve of money before trying to run around in gear of that price.

For weaponry wpf dictates the breaking chance while other items have a static chance which supposedly is somewhat higher for arrows and bolts. For melee weapons highest melee skill is chosen, so for example using a long spear with 1 polearm wpf while having 120 wpf in two handed uses the 120 wpf for breaking. For ranged this kind of mechanic isn't in effect, and bow breaking chance in determined by archery wpf etc.

You can have maximum upkeep of about 3500 without constantly losing gold. I guess you had just bad luck, and a few thousand gold can vanish quickly. I'd suggest you collect maybe 20-30k gold and then change to gear you wan to use, so you won't be in trouble with gold at the start.

Also this:

Section 3
(click to show/hide)

I think those are still quite relevant even if they have been written a few years ago.

Offline Peelz

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 04:44:22 pm »
I must be really unlucky because it happens a lot. I'm sure if you were to check my character log you would see, it seems to only happen once I get past level 26 as well  which is odd, its happened on other generations and other characters, I literally haemorrhage money, unless I wear shit gear

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 07:35:10 pm »
It's a litle bonus for lowlevel. Under lvl 25(or is it 20?) you don't pay upkeep.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login