Author Topic: Trendsetters  (Read 5678 times)

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
Re: Trendsetters
« Reply #90 on: September 10, 2014, 12:48:52 am »
+7
First guy who wear peasant clothes and a stick was first peasant in game. Dont know who it was but probably not Testicles as at that time that Testicles probably didnt even know about MB at all. Talking about trends...  using peasant gear as basis you can say thanks to the first leecher probably....Maybe Herkutatti_The_leecher? :p

The fact that in Eu the game was played for like a whole year without Na servers to play on, could be enough for you all to realize that everything was done before it was done on Na side.Sorry to dissapoint you. Could have been the other way around, (if mod started with Na servers obviously,its nothing special), but it wasnt like that. Another fact to consider its first na players started playing at Eu servers, where they could catch some influences on what to use or not,but definitely they didnt start from nothing.

About specific "who started this trend on NA", probably kesh post its the most correct of all.

as an American, i have no culture, especially ones related to shitting in ditches  in 1152, so to make all my themed builds i go to EU_1 and watch other players, then steal their builds, because i cant be original like europeans.  Did i do this right?

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 10, 2014, 01:04:33 am »
as an American, i have no culture, especially ones related to shitting in ditches  in 1152, so to make all my themed builds i go to EU_1 and watch other players, then steal their builds, because i cant be original like europeans.  Did i do this right?

Yes.  Thinly veiled sarcasm and self hatred is the best way to get in with EU, all you have left to do is grasp the D.  Soon you too will be shitting in ditches for the LORD, hundreds of years before 'murican mid-western types ever tried.

Offline Dan lol

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • ROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLIN
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: If you can't handle me at my durst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my fredst.
« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2014, 04:31:35 am »
piknik threw rocks

morningstar cav really doesnt count since that has been a thing from warband sp forever, but I remember thulsa and some eu named ootasan being pains in the asses on mamluks doing it
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

JABONRA
His mother's asshole, I tragedy

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #93 on: September 10, 2014, 05:30:16 am »

I loved watching Bumblebee tear shit up in NA 1 and she usually wore one of these. I started using it instead of going with no helm, and it really grew on me. Now I have one loomed to +3!

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2014, 06:14:31 am »
+2

I loved watching Bumblebee tear shit up in NA 1 and she usually wore one of these. I started using it instead of going with no helm, and it really grew on me. Now I have one loomed to +3!

That hat is for demons, men that masquerade as women, and meth infused gigglers named Koree

Offline Vengt037

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE47rDVh3c0
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vengt_The_Horsethief, Glorefindel, Vanderkaum
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2014, 06:45:30 am »
Loki for popularizing the archer death squad
Vengt_The_Horsethief for bringing sexy back in general
"Vengt, you are like my favorite player in CRPG."
- BlackWhite

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2014, 07:13:07 am »
+1

gibe :3
long hair best hair on female char
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.

Offline ShinySpoons

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RS
  • Game nicks: AltOfSpoons
« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2014, 09:15:36 am »
piknik threw rocks

Also, torch bearer neutrality (sadly, no longer a thing). And one of the first full time leechers.

Offline NuberT

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: NuberT_HRE
  • IRC nick: NuberT_HRE
« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2014, 09:48:08 am »
Uthred of Bebbanburg was the first plated charger guy. He was using 2 arbalest, but cannot remember his primary weapon..

Panzermarine_Georges first full plate flamberge spammer? :D

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • Renown: 394
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mallets and his family
« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2014, 07:22:41 pm »
+2
AntiBlitz... nice to see someone else likes Mouse Guard.  I love everything about that comic!

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2014, 08:35:42 pm »
AntiBlitz... nice to see someone else likes Mouse Guard.  I love everything about that comic!

listen here, you cant be OG mouse guard, even though i only found it like a week ago, its american, and since its american, it was out in america atleast 1 year before it was in europe, so that means everyone was doing it well prior before you came along and tell me you like mouse guard, so dont try it european.  We will have to start a separate OG Mouse guard thread, one for EU and NA, to differentiate us.  Mouse Guard is american, we thought of it first, you just came along like a sloppy second and decided to copy it.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #101 on: September 10, 2014, 10:10:09 pm »
I am very curious as to who was the first to use the 'new' pike back in the day to any effectiveness. I believe it was added in like spring 2011 and it must've been quite daunting to play around with it. I don't recall seeing it much at all to be honest, but I wasn't really interested in support polearms until like another year.

I don't remember anyone using it a lot on EU before myself. Remember it being called "Long Pike" for quite a while as well. Red Pike started up some time later, and we were pretty much alone with it for a long time. Was nice being 1 out of only 2 guys using the longest weapon in the game, made it easier being a killing-machine in mass melee.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • Renown: 394
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mallets and his family
« Reply #102 on: September 10, 2014, 11:09:11 pm »
+1
listen here, you cant be OG mouse guard, even though i only found it like a week ago, its american, and since its american, it was out in america atleast 1 year before it was in europe, so that means everyone was doing it well prior before you came along and tell me you like mouse guard, so dont try it european.  We will have to start a separate OG Mouse guard thread, one for EU and NA, to differentiate us.  Mouse Guard is american, we thought of it first, you just came along like a sloppy second and decided to copy it.

(click to show/hide)

Haha!  Glad you liked it!  Love me some Saxon!  I'd flip out if they made an animated series!

Now that I think about it... the very 1st issue was the very 1st comic I purchased.  Went to a comic shop with some friends.  I wasn't into superhero stuff.  Came across it.  First issue just released the week before.  Bought it.  And came back for the subsequent issues.  Always thought comics were only about superhero stuff.  Was blown away by it!  Love the art style!  And the fact that it was gritty and showed blood and violence.  Was written for adults.  Was majorly impressed.

And I'm merican as it gets!  Well kind of.  I'm from New Orleans... so I guess I'm european as americans get!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 11:13:31 pm by Mallets »