Author Topic: Most Memorable Moments  (Read 3991 times)

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • Renown: 394
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mallets and his family
Most Memorable Moments
« on: September 03, 2014, 11:45:02 pm »
+5
Title says it.  What's your most memorable moments in cRPG?!

Whether it be moments of glory... or moments of fun... when you think back on your time in cRPG... what sticks out.

That time you went hero with a 5 v 1.  Maybe it was a time you finally killed a particular player.  Maybe it just this random moment of fun that sticks with you.

Let the tales be told!

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • Renown: 394
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mallets and his family
Re: Most Memorable Moments
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 11:45:52 pm »
For me... a great & certainly memorable moment happened last night.  So Devilize is like the best right!  When I'm see him on a horse with his Morning Star... I'm in equal parts awe and fear.  I've played the game very sporadically for the past 2.5 years.  In my eyes, Devilize is one of the gods of cRPG!

So last night Devilze was "devilizing" a bunch of people.  He was like 16-1 or maybe even higher than that.  I was running around on my 1-handed/shielder build.  I seen Devilize fighting some guys in the distance (more like destroying them).  It was towards the end of the map.  Devilize was a few hundred yards away, but I knew he'd spot me and head my way soon.  So I dropped my shield and sword & axe... and just keep my Rondell Dagger.  I was just dicking around... whistling for Devilize to come at me bro.  Mind you, I was 100% betting that he'd ride over and 1-hit me for certain.  As he rode towards me... at the last minute, I jumped up, and struck at him with my Rondell.  I just knew he'd bump me on the ground, then finish me off with his morning star... once I was back up.

However, I struck his horse with my Rondell... and somehow killed it.  While yelling with laughter... I didn't move, but standing still... I stabbed once more at Devilize, expecting it to do nothing... and for him to slay me.  Instead, I stabbed him in the head and killed him (he had to be low on hp).

I was choking from laughter when it was all said and done.  My friend watching me (he was dead) was dying laughing on teamspeak.  Ended up being a great moment with me being cocky... telling him I'm about to own Devilize... but knowing he'd slay me... but ending actually killing him with a Rondell.

Great fun!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 01:56:10 am by Mallets »

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • Renown: 882
  • Infamy: 329
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 11:49:47 pm »
+5
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

this was my favorite moment

Offline Mendro

• Count
  • Renown: 236
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 12:26:14 am »
+1
When I killed a HA.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 12:37:51 am »
+2
So Devilize is like the best right! When I'm see him on a horse with his Morning Star... I'm in equal parts awe and fear.  I've played the game very sporadically for the past 2.5 years.  In my eyes, Devilize is one of the gods of cRPG!
No offence to Devilize, but from what I've seen on NA the only thing he's good at is picking up unaware targets on battle.

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 01:01:10 am »
+2
I got my pike chambered by ivanic, could have easily escaped/survived but i realized it was time for me to die

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 08:37:34 pm by darmaster »

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 01:29:01 am »
+1
When I got accepted into mercenaries after a three months long application. It has been 11 months from that, and it will be a year the 1st of October.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 01:37:00 am »
+3
Playing DTV with plumbo, sharpe and the rest of the gang

Back when DTV was still fun.

Now I wouldn't touch DTV with a 50 foot pole

So many good times...
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2014, 02:25:29 am »
+12
When I got accepted into mercenaries after a three months long application. It has been 11 months from that, and it will be a year the 1st of October.

Get a room.

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Kirman/Namrik/Anmirk/Riknam
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2014, 03:00:37 am »
+2
Causing a tk on enemy team while fighting 1vs2+ It's actually more fun than killing.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2014, 03:03:55 am »
+3

this was my favorite moment

Riding catapults is fun. Small siege towers go pretty fast for their size too.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2014, 03:23:58 am »
+8
There was a huge strat battle towards the end of strat 4, there were 100 or so people on the duel server. I was fooling around with siege equipment and had built a catapult. I was test firing my sweet new catapult and accidently discovered I could kill anyone in the server with it.

I moved my pult behind a hill and started lobbing boulders into the middle of people's duels, usually killing both duelists. I kept killing people until some banded together and destroyed my catapult. I was laughing every time I killed the duelest, no one knew for awhile.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2014, 03:36:38 am »
+2
My most fun moment was that strat battle where siege equipment somehow bugged a big part of the castle wall, and that wall started dancing around in the air with people trying to climb on it. Laughed really hard there.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2014, 04:08:50 am »
+3
My most fun moment was that strat battle where siege equipment somehow bugged a big part of the castle wall, and that wall started dancing around in the air with people trying to climb on it. Laughed really hard there.

One of my favorite fights in all of crpg was during this glitch. I was dueling someone on the walls of a castle, when all of a sudden the entire piece of wall we were on started floated away, being sucked into a recently constructed black hole siege tower. The best part was we were practically glued to the wall piece, so while it was flying and rotating through the sky, as long as we were on the "top" of the roughly cube-shaped wall, we were good. My opponent and I seemed to have the same idea, and while it was indeed an awesome moment where one would want to sit back and enjoy the view laugh their ass off, we both sought to use the distraction to our advantage. Due to us being equally vigilant, we continued our duel atop a floating/rotating block of stone until it finally came to a rest after a good 5-8 seconds of flight. Once perched in the siege tower, it was still equally glitchy... you could simply walk up or down the vertical walls. Neither of us bested the other during the magical flight, so Magical Wall Duel: Part 2 began. In the end I barely won, due to us each walking down and then back up the vertical wall and just taking blind swings at each (other since you practically teleport up and down the wall, it was quite easy to become very confused, very quickly.)

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2014, 04:19:32 am »
+1
Playing DTV with plumbo, sharpe and the rest of the gang

Back when DTV was still fun.

Now I wouldn't touch DTV with a 50 foot pole

So many good times...

fuck yeah man, those were the best times for me.
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE