Author Topic: Attn: NA Siege Bros  (Read 8472 times)

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
Re: Attn: NA Siege Bros
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2014, 07:57:09 am »
Wouldn't mind tearing apart the rotation with a few people I know will give good input and passing off our ideas to Fips. KUTT did it a long time ago, even arranged a good rotation and map list, and it got shit all over. But, if we could actually get someone to implement them and allow NA to have its own Unique map rotation and setup, I believe the community of NA would be infinitely happy.

Here you go.. found it. Para said he would be open to adding more recent maps in to this, especially Elindor's 3 maps, and maybe yours too Fips, but we haven't actually gone through and identified which of yours are in the current rotations.

Keep in mind the rotation I suggested kept all of the maps from the old rotation, minus hrafninn castle (the ultimate server killing map) while adding a few of the old classics. I didn't have much to work with in terms of adding additional maps because even though the physical files were available, there weren't entries in the scenes.txt I had (without an entry the server just goes to random plains). I didn't want to make too much work for the person implementing the rotation so I just added ones that were in the scenes.txt but weren't in the rotation.

My main objective was to get a "fresher" rotation in play without adding maps that weren't balanced or too confusing to a new player. If the rotation I suggested were to gain some popularity, I was hoping that would gain me some more clout with the community and developers to allow me to create an even better, balanced, and interesting rotation.

I haven't had the chance to play on the newly added maps yet. I had the opportunity to spectate other player playing them, and some of them looked incredibly confusing. I'm really not a fan of labyrinthy maps.
Code: [Select]
set_map native_hailes_castle
add_map winewic_castle
add_map native_rudkhan_castle
add_map himmelsberg_monastery
add_map khirin_castle
add_map castle_21_exterior_c
add_map native_brunwud_castle
add_map native_turin_castle
add_map quick_battle_scene_5
add_map castle_34_exterior_c
add_map native_jameyyed_castle
add_map quick_battle_scene_4
add_map quick_battle_7
add_map holmet_castle
add_map greipenfurt_castle
add_map castle_27_exterior_c
add_map sea_raid
add_map rochester_castle
add_map quick_battle_2
add_map citadel
add_map ridoma_castle
add_map Heisenberg
add_map forest_attack
add_map foothold
add_map winter_castle
add_map warkworth_castle
add_map kurosch_city
add_map inch_tuth
add_map castle_16_exterior_c
add_map castle_30_exterior_c
add_map devonshire_keep

The map I removed:
(click to show/hide)

Maps I added:

quick_battle_scene_4:
(click to show/hide)

quick_battle_scene_5
(click to show/hide)

quick_battle_7
(click to show/hide)

kurosch_city
(click to show/hide)

quick_battle_2
(click to show/hide)

native_brunwud_castle
(click to show/hide)

There were a few other maps that I wanted to add but was told they had some kind of exploit on them that was never fixed.

Pics didn't work, but he'll probably re-upload them if need be.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 08:00:58 am by Tanken »
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2014, 08:34:39 am »
+2
Get rid of a fucked-up and out-dated xp/gold farming system.  Stop using multipliers and have gold/xp garnered in other ways and many more people would choose siege as an enjoyable way to play the game regardless of the population in the server.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2014, 09:22:34 am »
Yeah, we're not gonna use a rotation from 2012 as the basis of this, too much has happened since then.

(click to show/hide)

This is the current cycle.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2014, 03:04:16 pm »
+1
Yeah, we're not gonna use a rotation from 2012 as the basis of this, too much has happened since then.

(click to show/hide)

The server-killing maps are all the ones where attackers have to run uphill for a minute+ to get to the flag. It seems like most NA2 players are in agreement about that, so Para/Xeen/whoever has the motivation should just sort through the rotation above and suggest maps to be removed, maybe make a poll thread about it like Elindor did back in the day.

Offline gallonigher

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gallonigher
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2014, 07:24:15 pm »
+2

(click to show/hide)

I would much rather use an outdated rotation from 2012 regardless of how "much" has happened since then.  Correct me if I'm wrong but at least in 2012, NA siege was far more popular than now.

Offline Tanken

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2014, 07:56:34 pm »
+2
I would much rather use an outdated rotation from 2012 regardless of how "much" has happened since then.  Correct me if I'm wrong but at least in 2012, NA siege was far more popular than now.

Gallo said it precisely. I'd much rather have 2012 rotation than what is currently in play. Nostalgia is a good thing. And the fact you have Hrafninn Castle still in the rotation kills me Fips.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2014, 08:16:42 pm »
Also, to prove my earlier point, we had siege running with around 30 people for a while last night. I went to bed early so I don't know exactly how long it lasted, but it was fun. All it took was me asking people in battle if they wanted to join, and when we have a total of 8 and lost our multi, we all switched over. Except it wasn't just 8 who joined, within 5 minutes we had 18 people and more people kept coming, fun times to be had. When it comes to voting for a na rotation manager, I don't know. I don't really see Xeen on much anymore, but that might just be me. Also having some scening knowledge might be helpful if someone who wants to put a map on rotation needs advice on how to fix it if it's bad. Then again even someone without the experience can probably do that. My vote would probably go for Phew out of lack for a better candidate.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2014, 08:26:42 pm »
+3

Gallo hit the nail on the head. To us NA siegebros, all that "much" that has happened to NA2 since 2012 has been for the worse.

My vote would probably go for Phew out of lack for a better candidate.

I can barely meet my current obligations to wife/kids/employer, I'm not about to add work for some nerds on the interwebs.

Offline Fips

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2014, 09:00:35 pm »
+1
Gallo said it precisely. I'd much rather have 2012 rotation than what is currently in play. Nostalgia is a good thing. And the fact you have Hrafninn Castle still in the rotation kills me Fips.

That wasn't my point. Many of the maps you mentioned got a whole lot of edits, some with tremendous balance differences on EU side. I want the current maps reviewed and then someone, whoever person(s) that might be, tell me to remove this and that map for reason 1, 2 and 3. I'm not asking much here.
So stop talking about whatever issues here in this thread, get some people together, work the whole thing out and give me a list.
The many times this issue got discussed already usually ended up with a whole lot of blabla and way too less workwork. The only one who ever did anything serious about it was Elindor.

That is all.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2014, 09:18:17 pm »
That wasn't my point. Many of the maps you mentioned got a whole lot of edits, some with tremendous balance differences on EU side. I want the current maps reviewed and then someone, whoever person(s) that might be, tell me to remove this and that map for reason 1, 2 and 3. I'm not asking much here.
So stop talking about whatever issues here in this thread, get some people together, work the whole thing out and give me a list.
The many times this issue got discussed already usually ended up with a whole lot of blabla and way too less workwork. The only one who ever did anything serious about it was Elindor.

That is all.

A call to action.  A request for motion.

Where do we find such an action-man?  Who here among us is disguised as a hero of initiative, to take on this honorable task?

Let him step forward, state his name, and then begin the righteous work of striking maps off of the NA Siege rotation.

(seriously, if anyone here even knows a couple of the maps that should be removed, and why, just nominate them in this thread and we can get the ball rolling.  We have Fips' ear here, might as well not squander it.)

Offline Tanken

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2014, 09:29:33 pm »
+2

That is all.

I didn't mean to offend you. Though you can shove Hrafninn Castle----

I will bring it to the KUTT guys the current map rotation, and see if we can't hammer out what maps need to go or what ones need to come in. And before we submit it to you, I'll put up a thread about it or something and allow other NA clans and Siege players to weigh in on it before we pass it on to you for final analysis.

Offline Fips

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2014, 10:00:52 pm »
I wasn't offended by you, i'm just sick and tired of discussing the same issue over and over again. An issue that has proven to be just "talk" - QQ mostly, really - ever since it started. (Except Elindor, ofc)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2014, 11:50:46 pm »
A call to action.  A request for motion.

Where do we find such an action-man?  Who here among us is disguised as a hero of initiative, to take on this honorable task?

Let him step forward, state his name, and then begin the righteous work of striking maps off of the NA Siege rotation.

(seriously, if anyone here even knows a couple of the maps that should be removed, and why, just nominate them in this thread and we can get the ball rolling.  We have Fips' ear here, might as well not squander it.)

This would be an easy task if

you know what might help out is if under the official list of maps on the forums there was a brief overhead map of the pic as well.  Something along the lines of this...

list of maps on NA2...

(click to show/hide)

does something like this already exist?  If not I could complete this list and post it somewhere on the forum.  Would be nice to have it link to poll or thread about the map/mapmakers under the Scene Editing or even a poll thread per map.

existed for the current rotation.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline kwhy

• Earl
  • Renown: 302
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • trash
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ted_the_garbage_man, missANGY, missBENDaKNEE, missAGAIN, Moove, Fallback, LLpewJ, Lets_ride_bikes
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2014, 12:36:20 am »
+2
** editing the new and old map rotation.  will merge them into correct list **

fooook!  I didn't catch that wasn't the current rotation until I got finished copying pics from the editor.  I was like, man most of these maps aren't too bad....

well here are/were the 2012 Siege NA2 siege lineup album pics

(click to show/hide)

I'm trying to learn the editor so lemme see if I can tackle the real list like this...

edit: spelingz
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 12:47:03 am by kwhy »

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2014, 03:04:28 am »
I didn't mean to offend you. Though you can shove Hrafninn Castle----

I will bring it to the KUTT guys the current map rotation, and see if we can't hammer out what maps need to go or what ones need to come in. And before we submit it to you, I'll put up a thread about it or something and allow other NA clans and Siege players to weigh in on it before we pass it on to you for final analysis.

It may take some work but if you could list maps in a voting system, with linked screenshot?... please