Author Topic: Horsies  (Read 1465 times)

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
Re: Horsies
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2012, 04:08:57 pm »
There is now a lot of cav,but there is not that much good cav. You can only see 2 Chase and some dude on A that are always first in scoreboard,but other cav is just in middle or bottom of scoreboard.
Chase is always first on the scoreboard because he's chase. So if chase is on the server, the top of the scoreboard begins right under chase... :mrgreen: Besides that he has a champion Cataphract (?) and a full set of +3 gear. :P
If GK rolls EU1, they are usually between 1 and 10. And after 3 or 4 rounds most cav players are at least middle. You only need a rouncey, a lance and a good level 30 build to top the scoreboard as cav.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2012, 04:49:54 pm »
Even heavy horses are pretty much useless after the nerf.
Lolz, *clan_gnjus palm*. the fuck are you talking about? Most of the good GK lancers have like 20/0-3KDs, horses don't need any nerf or some shitz, but still, claiming they're useless is retarded as fuck, I'm a HT, my KD is often 1/4 at the end of a map, and I sure as fuck don't think my horse is useless (I do think throwing needs a damage buff but that's another thread), when I go lancer I get anything from 0-6/0-4KDs all depending on map and mood, I ain't complaining about me being a less skilled lancer and HT being UP (I am, but yeah, another thread. :p ). OMG!!! I SUCK AT BLOCKING!!! GREATSWORD IS USELESS!!! OH NOES!!
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2012, 05:04:24 pm »

dude,  he is talking about the damage buff against horselegs,  which makes armored horses less usefull.  no skill involved here.

also,  the fuck?  why nekro a thread thats over a year old?
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2012, 05:34:42 pm »
successful necro is succcessful
Turtles

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2012, 08:34:58 pm »
Most of the good GK lancers have like 20/0-3KDs

To be honest only very very very few of us uses heavy horse, most of us uses light horses

dude,  he is talking about the damage buff against horselegs,  which makes armored horses less usefull.  no skill involved here.

Indeed Torben , after the patch (The nerf to the horses).  Heavy horses can get 1 hitted if enemy swing his weapon to the horse's head. if you play in battle you will see that horses like plate charger can only last about 2-3 hit now, before was 8-10.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2012, 10:21:51 pm »
To be honest only very very very few of us uses heavy horse, most of us uses light horses

Indeed Torben , after the patch (The nerf to the horses).  Heavy horses can get 1 hitted if enemy swing his weapon to the horse's head. if you play in battle you will see that horses like plate charger can only last about 2-3 hit now, before was 8-10.
8-10 is way to many, 3 hits allows you to ride around through infantry slashing at them and not die (also if standing still it's way more than three), even though I've yet to see a plated tincan survive 10 hits while standing still and if it was indeed three hits it might've needed a buff, but NOT 8-10, also line that pissed me off unbelievably was "EVEN HEAVY HORSES ARE PRETTY MUCH USELESS SINCE NERF" using the word EVEN makes you claim light horses are worse... so... lolz... but seriously heavy horses still have huge advantages, 3-6 HT jarids to a rouncey or 6-8 to a destrier or 10-12+ to a charger+, this means you're WAY better off against ranged (I recall a while ago messing with my archer alt and a champion mamluke on EU_3 took a shitload of arrows to kill it (from my 6ps longbow), any player who cares about upkeep is lolz you can do three things: Glitch it, sell a loompoint for huge amount of cash, or bitch about it. My small horse often/near always gets onehit by inf with the tinniest amount of speed bonus, if standing still av hits it takes from none-pure agi inf is 2 (to the head)... so... your plated tincan is fine...
also "Indeed Torben, after the patch (The nerf to the horsies). Heavy horses can get 1 hitted if enemy swings his weapon to the horsies head", last I checked (could be wrong) only recent nerf was extra melee damage to the legs, also, inf probably have speed bonus on that. It takes ca. two hits from my poleaxe to kill my steppe horsie (hits are to the head).
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 10:29:08 pm by Zlisch_The_Butcher »
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2012, 10:14:00 am »
+1

fucking walls of text up in here
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2012, 04:10:09 pm »
It's pretty random but riding a courser (in total my gear is about 50-60k) I lose about 30-40k a generation, that's including the 10-20k I make before I can ride my horse at the beg of the gen.  It's really all down to luck though.
 - Stolen from Macropussy