Poll

Is voicespam still fun?

yes
no

Author Topic: Make voicespam a banable offence. Poll edited; vote again  (Read 7622 times)

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
Re: Make voicespam a banable offence. Poll edited; vote again
« Reply #105 on: August 22, 2014, 03:19:54 pm »
what i mean is that attacking others intelligence or even over generalizing individual opinions and postulating hive mind groups in an argument is ... well, not very kind.

Neither is spamming voice commands ruining the game for some other players.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #106 on: August 22, 2014, 03:22:02 pm »
what im saying stands in my post ...
Well that's exactly what your post was about. You assumed I'm not an adult and therefore can't find it funny to spam the voicechat, unlike adults do. So yeah, your post was retarded.

what i mean is that attacking others intelligence or even over generalizing individual opinions and postulating hive mind groups in an argument is ... well, not very kind.
I only stated I can't understand how the spam could be fun, it's up to you to take it as an insult.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #107 on: August 22, 2014, 03:32:53 pm »
+5
Surprised there are not more +1s for the OP.

Voice spam makes this game everything but fun to play.

Basically have not touched the game ever since the new voices were implemented and everybody and their mothers started spamming that shit.

And I don't think I will start playing again until that stops.

Soo.. just mute the voice chat? i mean there is an option for it for a reason. Its not like they are almost ever used for anything of use, its just there for fun. If you dont like mindless repetative fun then just mute the shit, its not really that hard.

I myself find the voice chat enjoyable to a point.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 22, 2014, 04:01:27 pm »
+5
Voice chat spam is annoying, even more so because I can't imagine it could possibly be fun for any adult.

That only says about your - limited in that aspect - imagination, nothing more. Btw, it's more annoying cause u can't imagine it to be fun for adults? Huh, don't see any connection between level of annoyance and your inability to imagine certain things, but "whatever man"  :P

Soo.. just mute the voice chat?

Looks like for some ppl that's just too hard to press qmv, they'd rather choose being martyrs, oppressed by evil voice spam, than mute it :P

PS.
C'MON, KEEP IT COMING GUYS !!! Thats the most entertaining EU drama in ages for me !

Yup, finally some quality drama on EU side  :wink:

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 22, 2014, 04:07:12 pm »
+7
Btw, Teeth calling ppl tryhards, isn't it a bit ironic?  :wink:

Offline Zhyang

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
« Reply #110 on: August 22, 2014, 04:08:09 pm »

:)

Offline DKNhz

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Ilithyia_von_Krems, Frieda_von_Krems, Freya_von_Krems, Frauke_von_Krems
Re: Make voicespam a banable offence.
« Reply #111 on: August 22, 2014, 04:08:49 pm »
+2
I don't give a shit about what ppl think, yes we dress like peasants and when i do that, i let peasants kill me so they can have fun like you fully loomed ego machines. We always play friendly and fair, we don't gank ppl but give them duels, we protect peasants and ranged, we buy stones from ppl for 10k etc, we give them stuff from armoury, we try to help everyone, any way we can. Krems is love.

And Fin, no offense, but Krems is usually carrying the bottom of the scoreboard. You guys are quite a rough stack to be stuck with.

That's driving me nuts, most of us-not all of us are above average when it comes to skill/kd/score. Last night after i post here, joined eu1 and played for 4 maps with my fellow Kremsies, we top the scoreboard, top 3 was Krems for all rounds. But you know what, we don't give a fuck about it. Unlike any other it means nothing to us.
There were just 20 Kremsers when i put this banner on to my head, and now we're 120 and still growing day by day. I think we're doing it right.

QFD
QQY
QQT
Krems is love. Krems is life.

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #112 on: August 22, 2014, 04:20:41 pm »
+2
^+1

btw: love your sigs sweety ^_^ keep it up =D
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 22, 2014, 04:20:48 pm »
+3
That's driving me nuts, most of us-not all of us are above average when it comes to skill/kd/score. Last night after i post here, joined eu1 and played for 4 maps with my fellow Kremsies, we top the scoreboard, top 3 was Krems for all rounds. But you know what, we don't give a fuck about it.

If you "don't give a fuck" as you're saying, why do you keep talking how "above average" Krems are? If you don't want to be labelled as try hards, not different than the rest of them - don't do that.

btw: love your sigs sweety ^_^ keep it up =D

:wink:

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #114 on: August 22, 2014, 04:23:18 pm »
+7

Good ol' teeth, competing for #1 tryhard spot with chase.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
« Reply #115 on: August 22, 2014, 04:25:00 pm »
+3
I don't give a shit about what ppl think, yes we dress like peasants and when i do that, i let peasants kill me so they can have fun like you fully loomed ego machines. We always play friendly and fair, we don't gank ppl but give them duels, we protect peasants and ranged, we buy stones from ppl for 10k etc, we give them stuff from armoury, we try to help everyone, any way we can. Krems is love.

That's driving me nuts, most of us-not all of us are above average when it comes to skill/kd/score. Last night after i post here, joined eu1 and played for 4 maps with my fellow Kremsies, we top the scoreboard, top 3 was Krems for all rounds. But you know what, we don't give a fuck about it. Unlike any other it means nothing to us.
There were just 20 Kremsers when i put this banner on to my head, and now we're 120 and still growing day by day. I think we're doing it right.

QFD
QQY
QQT

Also don't forget about the millions (yes millions) of gold that we have given out to new players to help get them started, or when we give peasants our +3 items in game and take their crappy sickles instead. Ofc nobody chooses to see that stuff, they just want to focus on some negative points....meh I guess thats the internet for you.

But look on the positive side, everytime we see hijack one of these threads we end up getting a big influx of new kremsies after. So thanks for the free publicity guys, keep it up! A clever marketing ploy indeed, Krems so smart!

Krems is love.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 04:33:56 pm by zottlmarsch »

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 22, 2014, 04:33:01 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)
I just want to bring it to both your and Fin's attention that your dear Krems member polkafranzi started being all passive-aggressive and calling the OP a cunt. After that Fin proceeds with calling people butthurt and a kid and other passive-aggressive mannerisms. Read page 2, Krems members turned this thread sour. Don't shoot the flak if you aren't ready to receive some. Very different from the relaxed troll attitude I expected, hence why I was surprised and called you sour-faced.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
You, and a good few others in this thread, are completely misunderstanding my usage of 'try-hard'. The responses from Krems members in this thread showed such a different attitude from what I would expect to accompany the playstyle, that the style of Krems comes accross as 'try-hard'. As in, trying so hard to force an image of funny and relaxed trolls, while it appears to be a sham compared to the actual mentality of the members.

My usage of try-hard has nothing to do with scoreboard performances of Krems or their members at all, nor with my personal love for competitive gameplay.

Offline DKNhz

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ilithyia_von_Krems, Frieda_von_Krems, Freya_von_Krems, Frauke_von_Krems
« Reply #117 on: August 22, 2014, 04:34:30 pm »
If you "don't give a fuck" as you're saying, why do you keep talking how "above average" Krems are? If you don't want to be labelled as try hards, not different than the rest of them - don't do that.

:wink:

If someone accuse you as useless or unskilled, not just for once but for ages, you have the right to say ENOUGH BITCHEZ. Keep talking ? dude i have 40 posts in total, in 2 years on entire forum. Don't get me wrong, i'm not mad at you but them.
Krems is love. Krems is life.

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #118 on: August 22, 2014, 04:38:14 pm »
+1
Soo.. just mute the voice chat? i mean there is an option for it for a reason. Its not like they are almost ever used for anything of use, its just there for fun. If you dont like mindless repetative fun then just mute the shit, its not really that hard.

I myself find the voice chat enjoyable to a point.

I don't know about you, but I did indeed use it for useful stuff.

It has saved my life, or my teammates lives, countless times.

I do enjoy the voice chat if it is used normally. But the spamming is plain retarded.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
« Reply #119 on: August 22, 2014, 04:38:47 pm »
+2
I just want to bring it to both your and Fin's attention that your dear Krems member polkafranzi started being all passive-aggressive and calling the OP a cunt. After that Fin proceeds with calling people butthurt and a kid and other passive-aggressive mannerisms. Read page 2, Krems members turned this thread sour. Don't shoot the flak if you aren't ready to receive some. Very different from the relaxed troll attitude I expected, hence why I was surprised and called you sour-faced.

(click to show/hide)
You, and a good few others in this thread, are completely misunderstanding my usage of 'try-hard'. The responses from Krems members in this thread showed such a different attitude from what I would expect to accompany the playstyle, that the style of Krems comes accross as 'try-hard'. As in, trying so hard to force an image of funny and relaxed trolls, while it appears to be a sham compared to the actual mentality of the members.

My usage of try-hard has nothing to do with scoreboard performances of Krems or their members at all, nor with my personal love for competitive gameplay.

Hmm I guess passive-aggressive is your new word of the week or something? Anyway i'm pretty sure Phil isn't being passive aggressive there, just plain old normal Aggressive, thats just Phil.  :)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 04:45:08 pm by zottlmarsch »