Poll

Is voicespam still fun?

yes
no

Author Topic: Make voicespam a banable offence. Poll edited; vote again  (Read 7635 times)

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
Re: Make voicespam a banable offence.
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2014, 09:14:45 am »
Add an option in the options menu to disable a) voice command audio and/or b) voice command chat messages.

I don't mind the voices, but sometimes the massive wall of green gets annoying. Makes it hard to see all the afk peasants that I'm trying to lance at their spawn.

I always tell Umbra on ts to stop it after a while lol, it's not the voices that annoy me I'm always riding far from the main group so I hear it in the distance (makes me chuckle a bit hehe
) but what sometimes bothers me is the wall of green text, I can't see where I'm shooting because HA shoots only on the left side where the flood is. A few mutes solves it though.

Good idea guys, i made a seperate thread in the suggestion corner.

http://forum.melee.org/suggestions-corner/option-to-mute-voice-chat-green-text-spam/msg1058243/#msg1058243

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2014, 11:17:04 am »
+1
Now I always thought Krems were a bunch of chill trolls, but the attitude displayed here clearly shows they are sour-faced tryhards, getting all passive aggressive when someone mentions their voice spam is shit.
Yet you are the one who is now reduced to petty insults, kinda makes you just as bad as us then, eh? :rolleyes:

All I can say is you must have some very simple minded humour to amuse yourself for so long with the dullest and dumbest things, as you seem to not do it to troll other players, but actually see it as a fun.
Thats just a difference of opinion, we don't see how you guys can still have fun playing 24/7 serious for example, or how you can spend shit loads of hours on forum posting in every thread

Even to the extent you are willing to get butthurt about it. And Fin, no offense, but Krems is usually carrying the bottom of the scoreboard. You guys are quite a rough stack to be stuck with.
Not strictly true, last night the krems members were all pretty much on the top of the scoreboard. Of course we certainly are not an 'elitist' clan like some of the others, but we must be doing something right as we receive many new applicants everyday.

Just know that your usage of voice commands ruins any actual functionality the rest of the players could get out of it.
A fair point

In summary:

QGS
QGT

Offline Andswaru

• Duke
  • Renown: 554
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • SeaRaider_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Andswaru
« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2014, 11:40:14 am »
+3
Now I always thought Krems were a bunch of chill trolls, but the attitude displayed here clearly shows they are sour-faced tryhards, getting all passive aggressive when someone mentions their voice spam is shit.
Yet you are the one who is now reduced to petty insults, kinda makes you just as bad as us then, eh? :rolleyes:

Teeth only said what we all thought. Everyone thought your relaxed crpg hippies who would just say "whatever man" but instead you acted like any other bunch of mentally retarded idiots that you find on the internet.
Smooth is the admin NA deserves. Not being that much better, EU deserves Thomek.
[18:25] <@chadz> soon(tm)

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
    • View Profile
Re: Make voicespam a banable offence. Poll edited; vote again
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2014, 11:50:23 am »
Teeth only said what we all thought. Everyone thought your relaxed crpg hippies who would just say "whatever man" but instead you acted like any other bunch of mentally retarded idiots that you find on the internet.

Not really, just kinda gets annoying for us always having to read through people like you crying about us or making ban threads, when we are just trying to have some fun.
Even the most relaxed of hippies would get pissed off with seeing that all the time.  :mrgreen:

Also there you go again with the insults calling us 'mentally retarted idiots' yet trying to tell us in the same breath that we have the anger problem. Smart logic man, you're really proving your point well.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 12:02:16 pm by zottlmarsch »

Offline Andswaru

• Duke
  • Renown: 554
  • Infamy: 130
  • SeaRaider_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Andswaru
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2014, 12:02:21 pm »
Also there you go again with the insults calling us 'mentally retarted idiots' yet trying to tell us in the same breath that we have the anger problem. Smart logic man, you're really proving your point well.

Well im not angry im just stating facts. If you cant handle that I'd suggest you avoid buying a mirror in the near future.
Smooth is the admin NA deserves. Not being that much better, EU deserves Thomek.
[18:25] <@chadz> soon(tm)

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2014, 12:09:46 pm »
+2
Well im not angry im just stating facts. If you cant handle that I'd suggest you avoid buying a mirror in the near future.

I'm not angry either, just passionate about something I enjoy. You guys are the ones starting these topics and moaning and whining about us all the time, not the other way round. If anyone 'can't handle it' its you guys, not us. We're just here defending ourselves and the manor in which we like to play this mod.

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2014, 12:28:48 pm »
QMV, who needs voice commands anyway? Those are always the first keys I press after entering a server ever since voice commands got introduced.
THIS +100 forever whenever
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2014, 12:35:20 pm »
+4
Here was I thinking people would rather be annoyed by the passivity of the krems play style instead.  :lol:

Just have fun...

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #83 on: August 22, 2014, 01:03:21 pm »
+4
There is an awesome app for ipad called Net Deck which, once you've downloaded all the card data, is also an offline deck builder for netrunner. Its great! You should download it asap

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #84 on: August 22, 2014, 01:06:05 pm »
+1
Now I always thought Krems were a bunch of chill trolls, but the attitude displayed here clearly shows they are sour-faced tryhards, getting all passive aggressive when someone mentions their voice spam is shit. All I can say is you must have some very simple minded humour to amuse yourself for so long with the dullest and dumbest things, as you seem to not do it to troll other players, but actually see it as a fun. Even to the extent you are willing to get butthurt about it. And Fin, no offense, but Krems is usually carrying the bottom of the scoreboard. You guys are quite a rough stack to be stuck with.

We're being insulted, and defending ourselves and now WE are the sour faced tryhards being aggressive? 10/10 Teeth, would knock em out if i could.

The best part is, you're insulting us again by calling our humor simple minded?!

And now we're the ones butthurt huahahahaha. My butt never felt more righteous. I'm not "unhippylike" because you're saying our style is bullshit IN YOUR OPINION.

I'm angry because you guys are calling us names, degrading a 100 member clan to a pure troll-machine and worst of all BLAMING us for defending ourselves against those personal insults ("retards", "unskilled" ...) .

Yes, we do not always top the scoreboard with all of our Players, but neither does your clanstacking bannerbalanceabusemachine.

For dummies: a clan consists of more than 1 player - that means every single one is playing different. Some might be more serious and more into killing stuff, some might be more into just having a casual evening. Some are PRO, some are just not that skilled. Judging them ALL by their Banner is what's the problem here. (see "racism").

We do have quite skilled players, they're just ........ TADDAAAAAAA: not the tryhards you're accusing them of being. And therefor never will constantly top the scoreboard - cus actually they don't give a fuck.

You're insulting people, and when they start fighting back you call them butthurt and tryhards.

Fuck your twisted logic.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 01:09:34 pm by Finuad »
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #85 on: August 22, 2014, 01:08:07 pm »
+3
Also stop ruining maps  :rolleyes:

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2014, 01:10:43 pm »
+3
*robot voice*
Code: [Select]
We are Krems! We will voice spam you! We are all the same! You will be one of us! Resistance is futile! Join or BAN!
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 22, 2014, 01:14:04 pm »
+5
You are taking it a bit personally. No one mentioned Krems except the poll option, which could have been a joke. The reaction with you all piling in to insult and defend your hilarious spam suggests you take it all a bit too seriously yourselves.

Anyway consider other people's enjoyment as well as your own, and chill out a bit :D
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #88 on: August 22, 2014, 01:20:13 pm »
You are taking it a bit personally. No one mentioned Krems except the poll option, which could have been a joke. The reaction with you all piling in to insult and defend your hilarious spam suggests you take it all a bit too seriously yourselves.

Anyway consider other people's enjoyment as well as your own, and chill out a bit :D
^ gets lol'ier each time i read it  :mrgreen:
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 22, 2014, 01:20:56 pm »
+2

How dare you try to speak reason!!!!! die you fucking gay stupid cunt prick dickhead cocksucker motherfucker asshole!!!!!

(click to show/hide)