Author Topic: Many ideas, just have to post them  (Read 295 times)

Offline Admerius

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Many Admerius-es and many alts(Total of 32 chars)
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereignty of Aegis for life!(aka. multi-claning)
  • Game nicks: My top three nicks: Scum, William_Spearshake, Dedrater)
Many ideas, just have to post them
« on: August 20, 2014, 12:12:15 pm »
(This topis is kinda just some random thoughts that I want to plant out there, I probably read these somewhere else but forgot where)

FYI: Frequentley used Short name:
Reasoning or Lack Thereof = ROLT

1. Chamber = disarm(scripted drop) chance
yXX=your(chamberers) stat
eXX=enemy(the chambered one's) stat
% chance to disarm(yWM+yPS)*2-(eWM+eStr)

Reasoning or Lack Thereof(ROLT):
PS(instead of STR) of chamberer because PS better indicator of using strength fully in the weapon swing.
WM(instead of wpf) of chamberer/chambered because WM signifies weapon training, while wpf is more of a "second level" specialization" of combat training
Str(instead of IF or PS) for chambered because PS and IF really doesn't fit to use here, Ps=deal dmg, IF take damage, Str=how strong grip you have on weapon.

Example: 21/21,7ps,7wm chambers agi-wh0r3-ninja-katana-f46(9/30, 3ps, 10wm):
(7+7)*2-(10+9)=28-19=11% chance to disarm
agi-wh0r3-Ninja-katana-f46 chambers:
(10+3)*2-(7+21)=26-28=-2%(0%) chance to disarm

2. Hitting archer/xbower when string drawn/aiming:
scripted Drop chance of bow/xbow=%health damage received-(WM+IF)*2

ROLT:
Example: 8WM archer hit for 50% hp has (50-(8+0)*2)=34% chance/risk to drop bow.
WM and IF boost might need a tweak(higher?)

3. When cav is hit for 25%+ of hp the rider loses steering for 2 seconds -0,2 per riding.

ROLT:
Cav needs buff therefore I start by describing a nerf, 10 riding negates this penalty. 8 riding=0,4 seconds of un-turnable horse.

4. Cav bump damage= Tripple it(I quintupled(x5) in native and it felt a bit op... courser crushing tincan due to speed bonus... 200+ looters blobs being herded and all looters on the edges being trammpled with Charger)

ROLT:
Cav should rule the battlefield, teamplay/skill/anti-cav weaponry should be needed to take on cav 1on1, just like Backstab/Dodge-skills/Shield is the counter to range on open battlefield.

5. Ironflesh gives some kind of knockdown ressistance(5% per if?) and for each point of IF you can absorb one point of damage without getting interrupted in your animation(12if monster must be hit for 12+ pts of dmg to stop that great maul...)

ROLT:
This is sort of a buff to strength builds and/or heavy armor users with some IF.

6. Decrease speed bonus for lighter weapons and buff it a little for very heavy weapons(mauls etc.)
Something like: Weight:0-2=-50%, 2.1-2.5=-25%, 2.6-5=unchanged, 5.1-7=+10%, 7.1+=+20%

ROLT:
Pure agi rondeliérs lé my old friend, should need to hold attack more often to be able to pierce heavier armours.

7. To counter cav and IF buffs mentioned earlier: Make held attacks do more bonus damage. Multiply current damage bonus by 1,5 or more.

ROLT:
This is kinda meant to counter the IF buff and proposed speed bonus nerf, and to make group ganks more effective.

End notes:
These suggestions are unrefined, untested and kind of "Hey I have a crazy idea, what if we do it like this?"
The main point with all of this is to get some sort of discussion going about these approaches to tweak the gameplay.

Offline Afina

• Earl
  • Renown: 316
  • Infamy: 135
  • cRPG Player
  • «This is where we fight, this is where they die!!»
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Other
  • Game nicks: Afina
  • IRC nick: Afina
Re: Many ideas, just have to post them
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 12:16:36 pm »
WTF
Madness…? This is Sparta!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 12:40:53 pm »
5. Ironflesh gives some kind of knockdown ressistance(5% per if?) and for each point of IF you can absorb one point of damage without getting interrupted in your animation(12if monster must be hit for 12+ pts of dmg to stop that great maul...)
Why not, but in last days I was knocked down by bar mace in around 90% of hits. Ask Aprasimov [sorry if not writed correctly]. I swear that Great Maul has lower chance for knockdown.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Andswaru

• Duke
  • Renown: 554
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • SeaRaider_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Andswaru
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 02:29:34 pm »
Bar mace hitting in the legs is totally op bullshit it seems to be a  90% chance of knockdown with 24 or more str. (i say this as a str user)
A Great Maul bounces more on shields that that knockdown fails.
Smooth is the admin NA deserves. Not being that much better, EU deserves Thomek.
[18:25] <@chadz> soon(tm)