Author Topic: Chariots  (Read 1158 times)

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
Chariots
« on: May 21, 2011, 02:04:21 am »
It is possible. Add them!

Offline Diavolo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Engineering student - Will pwn your ass in physics
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templars
  • Game nicks: Templar_Diavolo, Aleta
Re: Chariots
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 03:56:57 pm »
Chariots would be fun :) They could cost a lot, not require much riding skill (perhaps 1), but not be able to fight much from. Archery and throwing would be the only thing you could effectively do from a chariot, so basically it would just be something for horse archers so that they dont need so much riding skill. Would look cool though ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mirendill

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 04:14:04 pm »
Should be possible to use spears from aswell.

Anyway I think it would mess over the balance, cause as soon as we see chariots, we would probably start to see the implementations of chariots with multiple people on and so on.

Offline Frell

• Baron
  • Renown: 117
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Frell, Valperga
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 04:44:39 pm »
Perhaps a convoy? Expensive chariots hold 4 people and you can give teammates rides across the field?

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 06:07:55 pm »
It is possible. Add them!

I would love to see them in Crpg. Is there another mod that has them?

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 06:17:19 pm »
Personally I have always wanted the ability to give my teammates a ride on my horse (making him unable to attack. Maybe both of us) for tactical reasons. But a chariot! Man that would have been awesome and way too cool! Letting them attack from it might be too imbalanced but just carrying them. Yay!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Frell

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2011, 06:34:12 pm »
If there is not an existing mod I cant make the chariot models, but I cannot animate them.

Offline jspook

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Auphan
  • Game nicks: Pit
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2011, 08:05:24 pm »
A Chariot would be very cool, but the one thing you need to understand about chariots is that they are very unstable.  They are almost exclusively for use on completely flat terrain.  any bumps in the road or declines over 15 degrees from side to side would usually tip the chariot over.  Its not a tank.  its a fast and mobile skirmishing platform designed to soften up the enemy ranks before the infantry gets there.

the 4 person comment above made me chuckle.  most war chariots were 2 man.  driver + archer or spearman.
It would actually be cool for someone to be able to purchase a chariot.  he would also have to have riding skill, because he would need to buy the horse that pulls it.  thats right.  it shouldnt be a single package.  horse + chariot in seperate purchases.  if you cant ride the horse, it cant pull your chariot.

this would make for different classes of chariots.  with differences of speed (determined by the horse you buy) and differences in manuverability and stability (determined by the chariot you purchase).   It should be a 2 or 3 slot item like a siege ladder, that pairs with a horse.  and when you deploy it, a team mate can climb on with you by pressing the f key.  Lose your archer??  just go drive by and get a new person to climb on with you.  This would be really fun

But they should only be usable on specific maps.  like the coloseum maps, for instance.  or some flat plains maps.
"Scissors needs a nerf because he beats me every time, but rock is just fine" - paper

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2011, 08:30:47 pm »
snip

But they should only be usable on specific maps.  like the coloseum maps, for instance.  or some flat plains maps.
What flat plains map? The only ones I can think of are those on the Shogunate server that pops up every blue moon. All the other flat maps are city/town maps.

That being said. Why the fuck are there so few flat maps? Seriously. Most battles where fought on the flattest ground they could find, not random hill terrain or villages that we have now. And flat maps are so much more fun! Throw in a river or two and maybe a road or pile of stones or whatever. Awesome as shit!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 08:32:08 pm by Zapper »
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Frell

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2011, 08:36:25 pm »
What flat plains map? The only ones I can think of are those on the Shogunate server that pops up every blue moon. All the other flat maps are city/town maps.

That being said. Why the fuck are there so few flat maps? Seriously. Most battles where fought on the flattest ground they could find, not random hill terrain or villages that we have now. And flat maps are so much more fun! Throw in a river or two and maybe a road or pile of stones or whatever. Awesome as shit!
This.

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2011, 08:36:47 pm »
Most battles were actually sieges or village raids. Armies avoided open pitched battles. That being said I'd like to see some more open flat maps without man made structures.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2011, 08:48:36 pm »
Most battles were actually sieges or village raids. Armies avoided open pitched battles. That being said I'd like to see some more open flat maps without man made structures.

Not until they fix cav...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2011, 08:51:20 pm »
Slow horse manouver, increase price.

Offline Frell

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2011, 08:58:56 pm »
decrease health without armor

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2011, 09:07:20 pm »
chariots would need to be greatly slowed by uneven terrain. Too bad m&b doesn't have a vehicle system like in modern fps, so chariots could tip.